Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone,

Admittedly we've never touched nor surfed any Reno sites except recently after chancing upon this forum and learning about the ideas and inspiration of others that it spurred my Husband and I to do our little journey towards getting our dream home. 

House hunting

So after looking around 10 or more flats at the east, we finally settled on a 5i resale at 124sqm. The next process is hunting for an id that will understand our theme and fit our Budget. 

image.jpeg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The Look

So instead of modern concept, scandi, industrial which is all the rage now, we opted for something alittle more clean, raw and very western. Also because lesser work needed to be done= lesser $ needed. 

We settled on a few things

1. bigger MBR, means knocking down 2 rooms

2. Kitchen Isand because we'll be doing lots of cooking and wanna chill and hang around the kitchen area

3. Toilets need an overhaul but due to their bad design, gotta crack our brains on how to get the best space usage. 

Our Moodboard 

Kitchen 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bathroom

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Living Area

image.jpeg

Edited by howboutthis

Ooh... i love the concrete bathroom look too. Pinned similar pics on my pinterest. Would love to see how yours turns out if you go ahead with the look. (I am starting resale flat hunting soon, so will prob be doing the reno in Q1 next yr)

13 hours ago, bie18 said:

Ooh... i love the concrete bathroom look too. Pinned similar pics on my pinterest. Would love to see how yours turns out if you go ahead with the look. (I am starting resale flat hunting soon, so will prob be doing the reno in Q1 next yr)

Think the in thing now is the concrete bathroom look. I'm quite excited to see what the ids will come up with , it's always about the looks vs practicality. Remember to post on yours too! :) 

2 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Love your Pinterest. And omg great floor plan!! 

Thanks!! It's an L shape floor plan so at least we don't get odd corners which can be a pain to do up. :)

Hi everyone, 

Sorry for the Long hiatus, have been balancing house and work and thus did not manage to update the ongoings of the house. 

First up, photos!!

Our service yard with the newly installed electric gas meter.

IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

The layout of my kitchen! A place that hubby and I will love to cook and spend time with friends at. We got the contractor to do copper tubing and as u see, that is for city gas which will be hidden by our cabinets later on. Hubby also instructed tiler to do herringbone shaped for the centre wall as a centre feature. Check out our floor tiles :) love the hexagon look and it will be laid out in a zig zag fashion out of the kitchen. 

IMG_5642.JPG

Our common bathroom- the additional structure you see here is going to be our hand washing area. The basin will be supported by cement shelves. Unfortunately due to the layout of the toilet, we had no choice but to place the wc together with the shower head :(

IMG_5643.JPG

Masterbedroom toilet- exactly what we wished for with rain shower and marble tiles. Half is tiled and the other half is cement screed

IMG_5644.JPG

Edited by howboutthis

The marble bathroom walls are suitable for installing some adhesive bathroom accessories, such as toilet paper holder, shower caddy and towel holders to create bathroom wall storage space. The adhesive bathroom accessories will stick to the wall without drilling holes so these nice bathroom walls would not be damaged.

Stainless Steel Shower Caddy (4).jpg

123L-8-600x600 - 副本.jpg