Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Ok, about this toiletbowl issue, if I can get some cooperation here to gather a reasonable headcount of those who are having issues with it, I can bring it up to HDB via our the RC. This means you all got to go ask your neighbours and give me the respective unit numbers.

If I can get like maybe 50 units with problems, then I think we have a substantial case to bring up.

Just to note, the RC and MP Baey Yam Keng are both well-aware of the roof garden being vandalised and the cleanliness issue of the three new blocks, which they believe is taking far too long to rectify. The HDB, town council and the police are asking for more time as currently renovation is going on, but rest assured that they are monitoring this very closely.

Btw, huntum balla is back again last nite. Sickening ppl!

Toilet bowl.....if were to change, who is paying for the additional overlayed tiles & overall finishing details? It not just the backflow, it's the staining from the backflow that cause more work.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Toilet bowl.....if were to change, who is paying for the additional overlayed tiles & overall finishing details? It not just the backflow, it's the staining from the backflow that cause more work.

If we can gather enough people facing this problem, i think the details can be work out later.

Staining actually not that difficult to clean, just got to wash the toilet bowl more often.

My toilet bowl backflow problem happens intermittently, will you count me as 1? :rolleyes:

No problem; just give me your unit no at THUM this sat...

Btw, huntum balla is back again last nite. Sickening ppl!

I think vineyard above had clarified that they won't need to change the tiles at all, just replace the toiletbowl and silicon the sides accordingly, right? I also had seen a few toilet bowls being changed at other places before, does not affect the tiles at all...

And sorry dun understand what you mean by staining...?

assuming we have more then 50households, not to forget then each household will mean 2 bowls so the total probable defective is 100 bowls leow....

so how do we proof to them that there is back flow after "tua pang sai"....**** n show to them "see the remnants"

No problem; just give me your unit no at THUM this sat...

I think vineyard above had clarified that they won't need to change the tiles at all, just replace the toiletbowl and silicon the sides accordingly, right? I also had seen a few toilet bowls being changed at other places before, does not affect the tiles at all...

And sorry dun understand what you mean by staining...?

The base/shape of the toilet bowl will be different in term of model/range. I've my floor raised due to overlaying tiles. Definately need to hack some tiles. Chenai deck in my master toilet has to re-saw or replace to fit newer bowl. I'd prefer a choice to change FOC when I really need it to be change or during my 2nd reno if possible. Give us the $ even better :D

The left over "ahem" in the bowl will stain the base and have to scrab to clear it. :bleah:

assuming we have more then 50households, not to forget then each household will mean 2 bowls so the total probable defective is 100 bowls leow....

so how do we proof to them that there is back flow after "tua pang sai"....**** n show to them "see the remnants"

At this point there is no need to 'prove' anything; just want a significant headcount of unhappy owners to counter their usual reply of "isolated case". From there hopefully we can push for HDB to be more proactive and offer to change for all.

Its an uphill task, I admit, but if we never try, we will never get it mah.

put up notices in lift lobby for the 3 blocks and leave down a number for them to state if their "bowls" are giving them remnants...would that garner more responses as opposed to just a internet forum thread?

The base/shape of the toilet bowl will be different in term of model/range. I've my floor raised due to overlaying tiles. Definately need to hack some tiles. Chenai deck in my master toilet has to re-saw or replace to fit newer bowl. I'd prefer a choice to change FOC when I really need it to be change or during my 2nd reno if possible. Give us the $ even better :D

The left over "ahem" in the bowl will stain the base and have to scrab to clear it. :bleah:

I think not fair to get HDB to pay for your works right? Of course if you are happy with the current toiletbowl, HDB won't change it lor. But to reserve for future...hmmz, you have to discuss with the officer then. Maybe by then he quit or transferred already then how?

Also the whole toiletbowl will be changed, so there won't be any 'stain' rite? Or are you saying the backflow actually stained the outside base of your toiletbowl??

put up notices in lift lobby for the 3 blocks and leave down a number for them to state if their "bowls" are giving them remnants...would that garner more responses as opposed to just a internet forum thread?

That's like putting up a poster to say, "free petrol for all whose cars are high in fuel consumption". Knowing Singaporeans, who doesn't want a free and new toiletbowl even though the current one is working well?

Hope you would understand I am not aiming to gun down HDB for this, but to sincerely propose to them on those who have real problems.

I think not fair to get HDB to pay for your works right? Of course if you are happy with the current toiletbowl, HDB won't change it lor. But to reserve for future...hmmz, you have to discuss with the officer then. Maybe by then he quit or transferred already then how?

Also the whole toiletbowl will be changed, so there won't be any 'stain' rite? Or are you saying the backflow actually stained the outside base of your toiletbowl??

That's like putting up a poster to say, "free petrol for all whose cars are high in fuel consumption". Knowing Singaporeans, who doesn't want a free and new toiletbowl even though the current one is working well?

Hope you would understand I am not aiming to gun down HDB for this, but to sincerely propose to them on those who have real problems.

First of all, kudos to khriz for being so proactive in all the issues with this neighbourbood. :bow:

Actually my most worried part is not about getting the toilet bowl replaced, you can just call the BSC to get Rigel to replace it. I am more worried if the replaced, 'modified', toilet bowl will still be the same, then its a waste of time. Like one of our neighbour ghui that had it replaced three times and sometime still have the same 'backflow' problem. What we need is a new toilet bowl and that works well, i don't mind topping up if we can get a better model.

Probabily if anyone is going to get the toilet replaced, i would also recommend using the dark soya sauce method and test it a few times before saying ok. Or better still use the 'soya bean paste' and dark soya sauce method as sepcified here http://www.cwwa.ca/pdf_files/freepub_6Ltoiletreport04.pdf

I say give it a try.

If sakae sushi have no problem with his caroma toilet bowl, then i think there must be a problem with our Rigel brand, and not the piping.

Will check with my neighbours and feedback soon.

I say give it a try.

If sakae sushi have no problem with his caroma toilet bowl, then i think there must be a problem with our Rigel brand, and not the piping.

Will check with my neighbours and feedback soon.

I think Long John Silver also having the same toilet bowl as ours. Guess it's the water pressure. Rigel must advise what water pressure in order to work well. It could also due to the mechanism used to store the water.

Toilet Bowl

I also have this problem... Sometimes is back flow, sometimes it will leak water... dunno how to say.. after flushing, its like a continuous flow of a few streaks of water flowing non stop... When i open the water storage tank, can see that inside is only half filled... Happen about three or four times so far...

Hamtam Bola

Yes, they are back... damm idiots!!! Thought the town council aready warned them? Did not see the signs advising them also...

LCD TV

Bought my samsung 32" during March IT show at 850/- remember during that time, a Toshiba 32" was selling at 699/- (Audio House last 2 hours) Heard from a friend that LCD panels producer will no longer manufacturer any panels lesser than 32"... My 42" plasma HD ready bought 1 year ago was 1899/-, now a 42" LCD FULL HD is selling 1699/-

oh ya.... that stupid hamtam bola gang actually hit my wife's leg accidentally. though not painful but they're really irritating.

btw... are they the same bunch of ppl as those that played Risk?

Side track a bit....anyone encounter any garang guni around blk 91? If so, pls get the contact for me as I need them to move out my old 29" CRT TV before this coming Saturday. Thanks thanks. :)

Those green colour plastic bags given out by SembEnviro to collect recyclable stuff indicate that they also collect electrical applicances. We usually put our old newspaper inside the bag and leave it outside our unit on the collection date indicated on the bags. The next collection date is on 27 June.

There is a phone number on the bag, 1800-2786135.

I also heard a garand guni shouting the other day, but can hear only, cannot see where is he.