Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

No special tools leh, just bare hands. Its not really tight, just abit misaligned for mine, so when opening/closing the padlock must push one side of the gate harder lor to align them.

But if your wrought iron gate is badly misaligned, you can call the building centre people to adjust it for you. Yesterday I went to report a few defects and they came up swiftly today morning and settle everything! Somemore very polite, then after that I realised why; got quality survey form to fill up! Hehe...but they are really good lah, so I give a good review...plus a packet of drink for each worker... :sport-smiley-018:

Hmm.. maybe I should try it again.. else the lock go to waste..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I'm from Blk 91. Noticed on the same floor 4 flats are renovating and 1 moved in already, but I haven't heard anything from HDB. Wonder how they could get keys early. Anyone knows? Thank you.

No special tools leh, just bare hands. Its not really tight, just abit misaligned for mine, so when opening/closing the padlock must push one side of the gate harder lor to align them.

But if your wrought iron gate is badly misaligned, you can call the building centre people to adjust it for you. Yesterday I went to report a few defects and they came up swiftly today morning and settle everything! Somemore very polite, then after that I realised why; got quality survey form to fill up! Hehe...but they are really good lah, so I give a good review...plus a packet of drink for each worker... :sport-smiley-018:

If I am not wrong predaking is 308...

zirhk3355, may I come down to your place tonight to see how the duro lock fit on your gate? Will you be there? If not, do you mind I took some pics outside your door on the lock so that I can DIY myself first. Thanks.

Nice to see most of you have moved in.

Do any one of you experience inconsiderate unit above hang out wet clothes and cause stain on your clothes? Advise how to handle if there is such neighbour like this? Personally experience and now dare not hang out my clothes :-( Also dare not approach them as the couple quite unfriendly and most of time can hear them quarrel ( look like late 30s )

Edited by PRGR

Bro you know what is the number to call? I am not subscribing for SCV (at least not at the moment), will they activate for me also?

Can try 1633.

zirhk3355, may I come down to your place tonight to see how the duro lock fit on your gate? Will you be there? If not, do you mind I took some pics outside your door on the lock so that I can DIY myself first. Thanks.

Me too.

Yeah, we must keep this going until all the little juniors come out and until we discuss about their schooling even!! I believe we can do it as long as we are all sincere to make long-term friends. But if like many forummers who are just coming in here to ride the wind for discounts, bargains, lobangs, etc., yeah these are the jokers who will disappear in thin air lor, then you realised you are taken for a ride when you actually hope to make friends with him/her.

On the other hand, maybe its not all that bad for the forum to become quieter, maybe we could have shifted to 'live' gathering at koufu downstairs when it opens on 1st Oct?? I always believe in more human interaction, cannot always hide behind a computer lah...

Bro you know what is the number to call? I am not subscribing for SCV (at least not at the moment), will they activate for me also?

Totally agreed with kris,

i really hope that me and my wifey can make more friends around the neighbourhood not just in the forum but in coffeeshop aka face to face chat... 'yuan qing bu ru qing ling'.. but how to go abt doing that is still a puzzle to me.. :)

well when we have our own little mr/ms, life will be different again.. who knows when we will be competting each other then be friend.. !!

kris,

have you called 1633? do they need you to pay activation fee if you are not subscribing to them? Anyway i have SCV with them in my old house, so they just activate me for free, free to air channel from other socket point without the set top box is very clear. but the radio reception (from FM socket) is very poor (don't know if there is any different abt radio and TV)... PS: we pay radio/TV license you know? we dont pay this to receive crappy video/sound....

btw, me not in town !!

Cool...suddenly getting hot in here! Sheng Siong is making a mess near the MSCP entrance. Even durian outside the store along the road? nevertheless, I hope to join in for gathering some after I've move in.

Cool...suddenly getting hot in here! Sheng Siong is making a mess near the MSCP entrance. Even durian outside the store along the road? nevertheless, I hope to join in for gathering some after I've move in.

actually i dont care abt the mess they make.. but i more worried about the smell they make.. i can smell sengsong when i wake pass... not to mention the people who like to jump queue... just have have the three things to bear... stinko smell, queue jumper and queue jumper? this is not china right?

in anycase, shengsiong, is still a convienient place for us... and IT IS LISTED ( i wont place my bet in in yet)...

actually i dont care abt the mess they make.. but i more worried about the smell they make.. i can smell sengsong when i wake pass... not to mention the people who like to jump queue... just have have the three things to bear... stinko smell, queue jumper and queue jumper? this is not china right?

in anycase, shengsiong, is still a convienient place for us... and IT IS LISTED ( i wont place my bet in in yet)...

You are so right about the smell and queue jumping. Just the other day, a guy with trolley jumped queue behind me. Surprisingly the guy whom he cut the queue never say anything. I'm the one who pointed to the trolley guy to the end of the queue. He acted blur but his wife pulled him over to go to the back of the queue :notti:

Anybody noticed that one of the rope at the playground is broken already :notti: The playground is so happening cos its very windy there... I even see adults playing sometimes :jawdrop:

i really hope that me and my wifey can make more friends around the neighbourhood not just in the forum but in coffeeshop aka face to face chat... 'yuan qing bu ru qing ling'.. but how to go abt doing that is still a puzzle to me.. :notti:

well when we have our own little mr/ms, life will be different again.. who knows when we will be competting each other then be friend.. :notti:

kris,

have you called 1633? do they need you to pay activation fee if you are not subscribing to them? Anyway i have SCV with them in my old house, so they just activate me for free, free to air channel from other socket point without the set top box is very clear. but the radio reception (from FM socket) is very poor (don't know if there is any different abt radio and TV)... PS: we pay radio/TV license you know? we dont pay this to receive crappy video/sound....

btw, me not in town :jawdrop:

vineyard,

do u mean that u can already watch cable tv channels? I called starhub, and they say they will only activate between 24th to 28th sep. So now i cant watch the cable channel and no internet access.

Wah is it? Have not gone down for a while liao. But my mum do like Sheng Shiong, she say most things are cheaper as compare to NTUC.

You are so right about the smell and queue jumping. Just the other day, a guy with trolley jumped queue behind me. Surprisingly the guy whom he cut the queue never say anything. I'm the one who pointed to the trolley guy to the end of the queue. He acted blur but his wife pulled him over to go to the back of the queue :dribble:

Anybody noticed that one of the rope at the playground is broken already :bangwall: The playground is so happening cos its very windy there... I even see adults playing sometimes :jawdrop:

Really got to shame these queue jumpers publicly if not they buay pai seh one.

Haiz, more things got damaged before we even move in. People really dun know how to take care of things for the public. Build until so nice yet damage this, vandalise that, really lacking in civic mindedness. :fire:

Edited by TYM

Did you came? I only saw motorman yesterday? Anyway I do not have internet access (bardy singnet says can only activate on 27th), so occasionally I will 'steal' my wife's laptop and go back to my parents' place to use the wireless. So anyone who wants to come is most welcome, but in case I am not home do call me on my mobile if you have.

For the duro, I had fitted it today and it works fine. This is a different lock because I took the wrong lockset earlier. Both padlocks (earlier and now) can fit on the gate, and I am putting it at the top of the gate, near the lock's holder.

i really hope that me and my wifey can make more friends around the neighbourhood not just in the forum but in coffeeshop aka face to face chat... 'yuan qing bu ru qing ling'.. but how to go abt doing that is still a puzzle to me.. :dunno:

well when we have our own little mr/ms, life will be different again.. who knows when we will be competting each other then be friend.. :)

kris,

btw, me not in town 8|

Kids-wise, I also do not believe in competing lah. So what if my kids are 'cleverer' than your kids, whoever's kids or vice versa? I had seen so many people excel without any high education, so I rather teach my kid more 'social skills' like human interaction, mixing with others, etc. Then again, I am talking now without any kids yet, maybe got kids liao will talk differently...hehe...we will see!

On the TV issue, yes I had called 1633 and they will come to activate for me tomorrow, FOC. At the same time, the HDB's antenna contractor came up today (because I reported it as defect to the building centre). After some fiddling, found that its actually my Samsung TV's cable that is faulty; so I used the HDB's cables (those that was placed in the letterbox) and it is very clear now. But the contactor said its still better to switch to starhub's signal instead of HDB's signal, so tomorrow will still get starhub to come.

Speaking of the HDB's cables, the contractor told me that they are much better than the free cables that comes together with the TV, so you guys should also use if you can.

My contentment with shengsiong is the illegal parking by the delivery trucks, easily six to seven BIG trucks during peak times. Its really a bad delivery location at the entrance of the MSCP; the trucks will just park along the road leaving only one narrow lane to pass thru, sometimes with the trolleys and forklifts going to and fro. I saw, so many times, two cars come head-to-head and one of them will have to reverse awkwardly.

Once, I was in a taxi coming back and suddenly a car came out from the MSCP and we almost bang into it. Can't blame that car also, because its right view was blocked by another lorry parking right next to the MSCP's entrance. Really, I swear an accident will happen there very soon.

vineyard,

do u mean that u can already watch cable tv channels? I called starhub, and they say they will only activate between 24th to 28th sep. So now i cant watch the cable channel and no internet access.

yes i can watch cable channel since i moved in a month ago and they activate for me a few days after i moved in. i think they are trying to group all activation together to save cost in this case...

my internet is from singnet, which got activated a little later then SCV..

well if anyone wants to 'borrow' my wireless, i will only charge a nominal 1 can of beer per minute then... :dunno:

You are so right about the smell and queue jumping. Just the other day, a guy with trolley jumped queue behind me. Surprisingly the guy whom he cut the queue never say anything. I'm the one who pointed to the trolley guy to the end of the queue. He acted blur but his wife pulled him over to go to the back of the queue :)

why are there so many queue jumper in sengsiong? is it because of alot of foreigner in this area? the one that i have seen is one indian women (buying just a cucumber) so i let her go since only one piece... then came the weighing station where this chinese guy just push his 'i duno what vege' to the staff and the staff happily weigh for him even though we have a queue right on the other side... i suppose this belong to the 'untrained staff problem'... 8|

Edited by vineyard