Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Did you came? I only saw motorman yesterday? Anyway I do not have internet access (bardy singnet says can only activate on 27th), so occasionally I will 'steal' my wife's laptop and go back to my parents' place to use the wireless. So anyone who wants to come is most welcome, but in case I am not home do call me on my mobile if you have.

For the duro, I had fitted it today and it works fine. This is a different lock because I took the wrong lockset earlier. Both padlocks (earlier and now) can fit on the gate, and I am putting it at the top of the gate, near the lock's holder.

Khriz, you will be around tomorrow?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
well if anyone wants to 'borrow' my wireless, i will only charge a nominal 1 can of beer per minute then... :dunno:

Wah, that's not cheap! Even if you are talking about root beer...that's $9.50 per carton of 24 cans, less than 30mins will be almost $10? Wahh...

The lack of prepaid internet access in Singapore is amazing to me; when I was in Sydney, I can find internet at almost all convenience stores, ranging from $2/hr to $5 unlimited, ALL BROADBAND. Why can't our 7-11 do the same?? Dun tell me about wireless@SG, its hopeless...

Khriz, you will be around tomorrow?

Yes! Come over! Deepavali will also be coming, morning at 10am...

You are so right about the smell and queue jumping. Just the other day, a guy with trolley jumped queue behind me. Surprisingly the guy whom he cut the queue never say anything. I'm the one who pointed to the trolley guy to the end of the queue. He acted blur but his wife pulled him over to go to the back of the queue :)

Anybody noticed that one of the rope at the playground is broken already :unsure: The playground is so happening cos its very windy there... I even see adults playing sometimes 8|

probabily the reason that the rope broke is that the playground is not designed for adults? but kids? 8|:dunno:

Wah, that's not cheap! Even if you are talking about root beer...that's $9.50 per carton of 24 cans, less than 30mins will be almost $10? Wahh...

The lack of prepaid internet access in Singapore is amazing to me; when I was in Sydney, I can find internet at almost all convenience stores, ranging from $2/hr to $5 unlimited, ALL BROADBAND. Why can't our 7-11 do the same?? Dun tell me about wireless@SG, its hopeless...

Yes! Come over! Deepavali will also be coming, morning at 10am...

well people nowadays are very dependent on internet (including myself).. i remember paying US$5 per min in india.. whats that compared to (lets dun mention root beer), how about beer Chang?

wireless@SG is just another way to get you hooked with wireless then later charge you....

and i hope to visit you soon too.. miss my home and wifey already (or should i say miss my wifey and home already) :unsure:

i remember paying US$5 per min in india.. whats that compared to (lets dun mention root beer), how about beer Chang?

Any chance that we can have beer together, it will not be for internet access lah, my friend! My fav is heineken...

wireless@SG is just another way to get you hooked with wireless then later charge you....

I thought they are already charging for wireless@SG? I am referring to the free ones; hopeless!

Any chance that we can have beer together, it will not be for internet access lah, my friend! My fav is heineken...

I thought they are already charging for wireless@SG? I am referring to the free ones; hopeless!

beer! no prob! just put time put place (but i have to be in sg 1st, sms you when i am back).. will ask desmond cheong to join in since he sms me for a beer when i was not in town. then we can get :dunno: near our own place... (sounds better then potluck to me)

as for wireless@SG, beoz of my plan with singtel, they included it in the plan for me, free. but whether its starhub or singtel, even if they give it free now, by 2008, they can start charging (promised by IDA).. anyway i use it only once in a very blue moon..

Did you came? I only saw motorman yesterday? Anyway I do not have internet access (bardy singnet says can only activate on 27th), so occasionally I will 'steal' my wife's laptop and go back to my parents' place to use the wireless. So anyone who wants to come is most welcome, but in case I am not home do call me on my mobile if you have.

For the duro, I had fitted it today and it works fine. This is a different lock because I took the wrong lockset earlier. Both padlocks (earlier and now) can fit on the gate, and I am putting it at the top of the gate, near the lock's holder.

eh....for your info, motorman is oda, oda is motorman....hehe...motorman is my ID in singaporebrides.com

btw, thanks for having us there yesterday, very much appreciated. :sport-smiley-003:

ok guys! Finally its my turn to move in. Brought new mattress cover and pillows over tonight!! So exciting! Like small kid going to chalet!! hehee

Saw the koufu signboard. The opening date is 5th instead of 1st.

Edited by predaking

hi guys...

haven been posting for a long time.

i just spend 600++ on my lights on sat n sun. shopped ard balestier for my downlights n diningon saturday then sunday went there to shop for hamburger light for room, square lights for MBR, moonlight for kitchen n milolight for bathroom. total spent close to 700. but quite worth it lah.

now thinking of where i can get my sink, tap, central storage heater, gas hob n hood. thinking of getting my renovator to get for me bt afraid he'l chop mi.

note why i call him renovator instead of ID. becoz he's just a contractor. all the design and etc were mostly instigated by mi. except for the shoe rack cum partition he designed(on drawing).

My reno is very simple and considered cheap. estimated should be ard 15k for mimimal false ceiling, L-box, kitchen cabinet, flooring and a partial partition.

hey armani.. go royal franco @ jalan besar.. i'm on a tight budget so was sourcing arnd for good quality stuff at a cheap price. managed to find good stuff at good price (but requires loads of digging) there.

yes i can watch cable channel since i moved in a month ago and they activate for me a few days after i moved in. i think they are trying to group all activation together to save cost in this case...

my internet is from singnet, which got activated a little later then SCV..

hm.. weird.. i called starhub, they tell me our estate still haven't activate the cable tv line. they must have lied to me. yday i called and they tell me it might not be available on 28th sep. They just have a projected date, no confirm date yet.

which blk are u from?

hm.. weird.. i called starhub, they tell me our estate still haven't activate the cable tv line. they must have lied to me. yday i called and they tell me it might not be available on 28th sep. They just have a projected date, no confirm date yet.

which blk are u from?

We managed to get Starhub. But they had to come and activate for us. the silly thing is they said coz our electrician relocated our point, they had to open the original point to check before they activate. now i have only starhub in my MBR but not in my living room coz my living room point is blocked by my built in cupboard... grrr

hey armani.. go royal franco @ jalan besar.. i'm on a tight budget so was sourcing arnd for good quality stuff at a cheap price. managed to find good stuff at good price (but requires loads of digging) there.

mmm... ok. actually i've been to jln besar. went to chuan heng to look see. it was recommended by my contractor who is my kopi kaki. he offered to buy for me. just pass him the brand and model number of the stuffs to buy. dono if it's a good idea becoz i do not know if the price would be jacked up.

and my contractor told mi that he'll be able to get a lower price.

basically i'm aiming for a

ellane hob n hood which cost $528.

ariston TI 30litres storage heater $220

60cm s/s sink with tap which i do not know the price yet.

wat do u guys think?

to buy myself or get my contractor to do it.

oops... forgot to ask you something.

u're using panasonic non-inverter aircon right?

have u started using it? i'm pondering whether i shd get panasonic sys 3.

heard quite a number of good remarks though. but just need some assurance

armani, mine's a non-inverter. But it was only installed last fri and reno is undergoing now so haven't try yet. But my hubby has friends who own air con servicing shops and they told us to get either panasonic or daikin. so we got panasonic base on what they say. sorry, not able to comment much. Regarding yr purchase of sanitary wares (Taps, wc, sinks etc) i believe heading down to choose with yr partner is a better idea. as u mentioned yr contractor is yr kopi kaki, if u realise (or think) that he got a more expensive deal for you, i.e. he took some commision form yr purchase, that'll probably make u see him in a diff light and jeopardise yr kopi kaki relationship. So, to me, i would hunt on my own to get what i want since taste is something that's very subjective. These items are fixtures so if he chose something u dun like, it's probably gonna be an eye sore to u for some time. But u must have the luxury of time to hunt on yr own though.

Anyone heading to tanglin halt later abt 4pm? I'll be dropping by to see see look look at my reno.

Edited by divine_genie

We managed to get Starhub. But they had to come and activate for us. the silly thing is they said coz our electrician relocated our point, they had to open the original point to check before they activate. now i have only starhub in my MBR but not in my living room coz my living room point is blocked by my built in cupboard... grrr

which blk are u from?

i called starhub again yday, and they still cant confirm when will blk 91 have the cable signal. When I told him that blk 89 has already got the signal, and he ask me to quote the exact unit number. He said i need to give exact unit number of blk 89 if i want them to check why they got signal. I was so fed up by their customer service, as everytime i call, they will tell me different things. I asked him to check for the entire blk 89 signal, and he said blk 89 has already got the signal last month. But blk 91 no confirm date on the activation of signal. He was telling me he doesn't know when wil the activation be, it could be next month or the month after next. I was very fed up by his reply, i ask him to check, and he said its the engineering dept that do the activation, so he has no idea when. I insisted that he go and find out the date that the signal will be activated, and he sound very unhappy. And said "OK.. I will get back to you once I check with them." Very bad customer service.

which blk are u from?

i called starhub again yday, and they still cant confirm when will blk 91 have the cable signal. When I told him that blk 89 has already got the signal, and he ask me to quote the exact unit number. He said i need to give exact unit number of blk 89 if i want them to check why they got signal. I was so fed up by their customer service, as everytime i call, they will tell me different things. I asked him to check for the entire blk 89 signal, and he said blk 89 has already got the signal last month. But blk 91 no confirm date on the activation of signal. He was telling me he doesn't know when wil the activation be, it could be next month or the month after next. I was very fed up by his reply, i ask him to check, and he said its the engineering dept that do the activation, so he has no idea when. I insisted that he go and find out the date that the signal will be activated, and he sound very unhappy. And said "OK.. I will get back to you once I check with them." Very bad customer service.

I am at Blk 91. I only had to sign up for Starhub and then the guys came down to check the points and activate.