Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

hehe...that sounds good enough....

Hey Pongy, Occty and Hazelnutt...you guys free this saturday for the meeting? I can help with directions too..

Hm..to TYM and Khriz, do you guys remember that there was quite a good halal hainanese chicken at this coffeshop years ago? 46-1 When I was younger, my mama would ask me to go there from time to time to buy for our family...

There is still a halal chicken rice but i think changed operator liao.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wah! chairman (Khriz) of THUM stay at blk 89 ah! so anything i wana complain, i tell you then u lodge complaint to town concil or hdb okay? :P

sohzai, i need to check with HTB if he is free to join in the THUM. so u're in blk 89 too?

cartoon, can we really have hse visits? then we can check out different decor manz! hehehe.

wah! chairman (Khriz) of THUM stay at blk 89 ah! so anything i wana complain, i tell you then u lodge complaint to town concil or hdb okay? :P

sohzai, i need to check with HTB if he is free to join in the THUM. so u're in blk 89 too?

cartoon, can we really have hse visits? then we can check out different decor manz! hehehe.

Yes i am staying at Blk 89, but no sorry you cannot go thru me to lodge complaints because this silly 'chairman' title is bestowed on me by the nice forummers here lah, not the govt! Me powerless lah... :deal:

And if you want to go for house visits, then help to jio neighbours come down for THUM! With more 'audience' then maybe we will be more motivated to show our flats mahh... :P

haha..that would be a very convenient council to complain to....

Sure sure..yeap..I have selected my unit which is in Blk 89 too.

There is still a halal chicken rice but i think changed operator liao.

Oh..if I can..shall go try out the chicken rice again~

Yes i am staying at Blk 89, but no sorry you cannot go thru me to lodge complaints because this silly 'chairman' title is bestowed on me by the nice forummers here lah, not the govt! Me powerless lah... :deal:

And if you want to go for house visits, then help to jio neighbours come down for THUM! With more 'audience' then maybe we will be more motivated to show our flats mahh... :P

But Mr Chairman, you are in RC right? Technically speaking, neighbours got problems all can approach u mah. ::bleah::notti:

Haha...I have visited the place many times but don't hear such loud music or karoke lehz. I guess it's just occasional?

Anyway, Hazelnutt, you chose the levels you mentioned above? cause I also chose those levels unit 346. If I am right, our units are rather close to each other~

No~~~~we ended up choosing blk 90 unit coz find tt unit MRT sound abit too loud coz onli left 4th floor

hehe...that sounds good enough....

Hey Pongy, Occty and Hazelnutt...you guys free this saturday for the meeting? I can help with directions too..

Hm..to TYM and Khriz, do you guys remember that there was quite a good halal hainanese chicken at this coffeshop years ago? 46-1 When I was younger, my mama would ask me to go there from time to time to buy for our family...

I check wif my bf...would love to join if we can make it :dancingqueen:

Btw wat time u all meeting??

Wahhhhh...i love house visiting can include mi in if i can make it for tis sat THUM?? :P

So let me advertise again!! Haha...

Tanglin Halt Usual Meetup

Date / Time: Every Saturday, 2pm onwards

Location: Kopitiam at Blk 46-1 Tanglin Halt Road (opp our estate behind the big open carpark)

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...9a56c95fd7cf0d1

Help advertise again. :sport-smiley-003:

Ok, confirm your attendance for this sat THUM (but i cannot come), cannot fly aeroplane har... 8|

hi everyone,

sorry to sidetrack a bit. anyone has problem with tv reception? my room's tv is terrible. having double images. i bought a 10m coaxial cable from harvey norman but it has double image esp on U channel and then bought a 15m from our area nearby shop though double vision lessen but image is terribly blur.(akin to VCR quality) then i brought my tv closer and used hdb supplied coaxial cable and everything is crisp sharp. so could the problem be the length of my coaxial cable or the quality of the coaxial cable or due to electrical interference with the coaxial cable. Btw, my tv is 32inch Philips HD ready tv.

Pls help..... thanks so much.

Edited by armani

We are using the hdb supplied cable, no problem with the pictures. I think it was mentioned before in this thread the best is to use the hdb supplied cable. The starhub technician also told us best to use the hdb supplied cable, those white colour cable sold in shops are not so good.

hi everyone,

sorry to sidetrack a bit. anyone has problem with tv reception? my room's tv is terrible. having double images. i bought a 10m coaxial cable from harvey norman but it has double image esp on U channel and then bought a 15m from our area nearby shop though double vision lessen but image is terribly blur.(akin to VCR quality) then i brought my tv closer and used hdb supplied coaxial cable and everything is crisp sharp. so could the problem be the length of my coaxial cable or the quality of the coaxial cable or due to electrical interference with the coaxial cable. Btw, my tv is 32inch Philips HD ready tv.

My pictures are ok using the HDB provided cable.

Armani, my wife and I would like to visit your home, is it ok?

Shucks, my second hand 29" CRT Thomson TV spoiled yesterday, time to get an LCD liao....countrylover, how do you DIY ur living room TV feature wall huh? Can I take a look, and perhaps you can teach me how to DIY by the time I got my new LCD TV? :rolleyes:

Help advertise again. :sport-smiley-003:

Ok, confirm your attendance for this sat THUM (but i cannot come), cannot fly aeroplane har... 8|

Hi guys, thanks for inviting, let me check w my bf if he can make it first... :dancingqueen:

My pictures are ok using the HDB provided cable.

Armani, my wife and I would like to visit your home, is it ok?

Shucks, my second hand 29" CRT Thomson TV spoiled yesterday, time to get an LCD liao....countrylover, how do you DIY ur living room TV feature wall huh? Can I take a look, and perhaps you can teach me how to DIY by the time I got my new LCD TV? :rolleyes:

my tv feature wall was painted only. not so much of a feature wall to talk about. the tv console bought from beach road's furniture mall and it was a gift. :) but of course, you are most welcome to come and visit my hse. can play nintendo wii together as well. i'll be home ard the evening after 7.30pm most of the time.

btw, becoz my room's tv is located quite far away from the tv point thus i can't use the supplied tv cable. :'( haiz... seems like i probably need to relocate my tv point or go to sim lim tower to get high quality coaxial cables. how much does it cost to relocate tv point?

Edited by armani

2529828403_030beed11f.jpg

Tanglin Halt Usual Meetup

Date / Time: Every Saturday, 2pm onwards

Location: Kopitiam at Blk 46-1 Tanglin Halt Road (opp our estate behind the big open carpark)

Map: See star in map above

Ok, confirm your attendance for this sat THUM, cannot fly aeroplane har... 8|

1. Me~ (2 pax) Timing to be confirmed.

Pongy, Hazelnut and OCCty should try come too! Hm...Just nice for me also can go try the chicken rice see if it is still the same?

Edited by sohzai

hi everyone,

bro, scrap those cables u buy from neighbourhood shop and maybe even harvey norman, if you need lengths longer then what HDB provided, go to LHS at Sim Lim and get them to customise using Belden Coaxial cables...proper termination n shielding is very important for such cables as they pick up alot of "noise" (i.e. EMC).

i will be making a trip to LHS myself to get speaker cables for my rear speakers so if u want to tompang the purchase i did be glad to help just don fly aeroplane on the end product ;)

if you need standard length type, i have enuff to spare - let me know

my tv feature wall was painted only. not so much of a feature wall to talk about. the tv console bought from beach road's furniture mall and it was a gift. :) but of course, you are most welcome to come and visit my hse. can play nintendo wii together as well. i'll be home ard the evening after 7.30pm most of the time.

Hey, that's great! Thanks. I've never play Wii b4...must try it someday. Will drop by probably on weekends when I'm free. Normally weekdays evening I will be cooking dinner, therefore hard to find spare time. CAn PM me your floor no.? I've forgotten since the lou hei session...paiseh...

countrylover, got ur floor no., so once your place is ok, then I will visit....thanks.