Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

i've got a qns to ask. anyone knows how to push the household shelter's ventilation plate so that it doesn't pop out? i didn't really try to push it in. it seems like there's a catch hold it that i can't push it in.

btw, vineyard,

thanks for joining http://tanglinhalt.multiply.com

Edited by armani

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Our neighbourhood is open for balloting again. Surprising to see so many empty units still available in Blk 89 and 90 and the selling price has gone up by quite a lot.

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.n...?open&ft=be

Yeah, cheapest you can find is 350K... :)

Shocking...

Flat Type No of Units Internal Floor Area

Range (sqm) Indicative Price Range

Studio Apt/37units/35sqm/$68,000 - $71,000

Studio Apt/111units/45sqm/$86,000 - $89,000

3-Room/76units/60 – 67sqm/$199,000 - $266,000

4-Room/284units/85 - 92sqm/$310,000 - $400,000

5-Room/89units/110 - 120sqm/$451,000 - $520,000

Yeah, cheapest you can find is 350K... :dancingqueen:

Shocking...

Flat Type No of Units Internal Floor Area

Range (sqm) Indicative Price Range

Studio Apt/37units/35sqm/$68,000 - $71,000

Studio Apt/111units/45sqm/$86,000 - $89,000

3-Room/76units/60 – 67sqm/$199,000 - $266,000

4-Room/284units/85 - 92sqm/$310,000 - $400,000

5-Room/89units/110 - 120sqm/$451,000 - $520,000

The government is smart. They purposely dont want to release all units at one go. Give the SERS and 1st/2nd ballot, offering the SERS & 1st balloting at a 1st tier pricing. All susbsequent ballotings will come at a premium to offset what costs that were not factored in for all repairs/rectification works, e.g. exchange toilet bowls, change tiles, etc.. The same floor area at the same floor is now selling at 40-50k more expensive, bad for the new bidders, good news for the current flat owners like you and me here.

But in any case, Tanglin/Queenstown is still one of the best mature estates to stay in. Worth paying the premium. Cheers!:)

Yes Armani. I got the same question as you. I want to remove the cloth hangar catch at the kitchen. Its preventing us the maximum drying area. For a 7" long bamboo stick, I can only hang 3-4 shirts as both ends need to be catered for the catch. If you know what I meant. how?

The government is smart. They purposely dont want to release all units at one go. Give the SERS and 1st/2nd ballot, offering the SERS & 1st balloting at a 1st tier pricing. All susbsequent ballotings will come at a premium to offset what costs that were not factored in for all repairs/rectification works, e.g. exchange toilet bowls, change tiles, etc.. The same floor area at the same floor is now selling at 40-50k more expensive, bad for the new bidders, good news for the current flat owners like you and me here.

But in any case, Tanglin/Queenstown is still one of the best mature estates to stay in. Worth paying the premium. Cheers!:)

But isn't that like developers?? Got soft launch, then 1st phase, 2nd phase, etc. Its really not fair that the govt is taking adv of the property price increases to earn more. Hmmz, suddenly the boon keng DBSS is doesn't seem so ex when compared to ours...

Well, not that I am complaining, because as current owners, new flat's prices go up means our flat's value also go up mah! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

But isn't that like developers?? Got soft launch, then 1st phase, 2nd phase, etc. Its really not fair that the govt is taking adv of the property price increases to earn more. Hmmz, suddenly the boon keng DBSS is doesn't seem so ex when compared to ours...

Well, not that I am complaining, because as current owners, new flat's prices go up means our flat's value also go up mah! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

With the current selling price by HDB, the top floors units hit abv $400/- per sq/ft already... good for us, who bought earlier....

However, it might be a bit unfair to those who got the units during the second ballot, this time round there are more units available...

Oh, By the way, I have a bedroom door to give away... Its placed outside my unit, shrink wrapped and with the keys attached... Have to clear it out of the bomb shelter as need to install the metal racks... Please also note that the door was shorten by 1".

First come first serve... at Blk 91 #38

With the current selling price by HDB, the top floors units hit abv $400/- per sq/ft already... good for us, who bought earlier....

However, it might be a bit unfair to those who got the units during the second ballot, this time round there are more units available...

Oh, By the way, I have a bedroom door to give away... Its placed outside my unit, shrink wrapped and with the keys attached... Have to clear it out of the bomb shelter as need to install the metal racks... Please also note that the door was shorten by 1".

First come first serve... at Blk 91 #38

My friend stays on the #39. :(

Well, not that I am complaining, because as current owners, new flat's prices go up means our flat's value also go up mah! :(:jawdrop:

hey is that your kid's photo for your new avatar? cute!

gar-ment also difficult to satisfy every one lah.. price too low, current owner angry, price too high new owner angry.. seems like they are just basing their price on the current valuation minus some subsidy (according to hdb) which means that on average, to factor in the subsidy, the actual worth of the unit is $30-40k above this selling price.

As can see, even with such high price, the 4-room is queenstown is already 5 time oversubscribe in just half a day.

btw, i am not complaining too :(

Oh ya, the new Police advert on tv was filmed on the running track across our blocks. Can see our blocks and commonwealth mrt in the background. Nice advert btw.

gar-ment also difficult to satisfy every one lah.. price too low, current owner angry, price too high new owner angry.. seems like they are just basing their price on the current valuation minus some subsidy (according to hdb) which means that on average, to factor in the subsidy, the actual worth of the unit is $30-40k above this selling price.

As can see, even with such high price, the 4-room is queenstown is already 5 time oversubscribe in just half a day.

btw, i am not complaining too :(

I also have this avatar.

relaxqd8.png

Edited by TYM

Oh ya, the new Police advert on tv was filmed on the running track across our blocks. Can see our blocks and commonwealth mrt in the background. Nice advert btw.

I also have this avatar.

oic, no wonder i don't remember that kris got kids..

and mistake in my previous post.. 4-room is 3.5 time over subscribe, seems like its the 5-room (4.5 time oversub) that is even more sought after...

I got mine that time already quite expensive. This time, even more so, I can feel the heartpain of the new owners. But I'm not complaining lah, already feel very very fortunate. !! I think they will too.

Never expect this round to have so much more choices in units. Lucky them! :furious:

btw, i am not complaining too !!

Always felt that public housing should not be made to fluctuate together with the market, because it is, after all, for the public.

In the past, public housing prices were kept very low, like $20K for a 3-rm flat, so that everyone can afford it. However, the resale of the flats were not restricted and open to negotiation between sellers and buyers. We start to see alot of people selling their flats at high prices then come back to HDB to get a similiar flat for fraction of their selling price, thus making a huge profit just by moving house. So in order discourage profiteering, the govt decided to raise the price of their new flats and implemented levies.

However, that had worsened the problem in two ways, 1. young new buyers cannot afford better housing, and 2. the resale prices of HDB flats are pushed up even higher!

Had the govt been sincere in tackling the issue of profiteering, they would have restricted the HDB resale prices, maybe say, resale price cannot be more than the buying price + accrued mortgage interest paid. In this way, the selling price would be controlled and the govt can continue to offer cheaper new flats.

But alas, HDB being a privatised organization now, they have P&L to answer to. That the people are profiteering becomes a good excuse for them to move and implementing high prices, on the pretext of curbing profiteering, PLUS reaping more income for themselves. So kill two birds' with one stone lor.

In the end, yes we are not able to profit from selling flats like our fathers' time, the problem of profiteering is solved. But at who's expense? Ours!! The tables are now turned on us and HDB becomes the one profiteering instead. :notti:

:furious:

Edited by zirhk3355

But alas, HDB being a privatised organization now, they have P&L to answer to. That the people are profiteering becomes a good excuse for them to move and implementing high prices, on the pretext of curbing profiteering, PLUS reaping more income for themselves. So kill two birds' with one stone lor.

Is HDB a privatised organisation? I tot they were only being coporatised? Or is coporatised = privatised?

Perhaps HDB would like to revisit its role and vission and mission since it has become so "profit driven".

Always felt that public housing should not be made to fluctuate together with the market, because it is, after all, for the public.

In the past, public housing prices were kept very low, like $20K for a 3-rm flat, so that everyone can afford it. However, the resale of the flats were not restricted and open to negotiation between sellers and buyers. We start to see alot of people selling their flats at high prices then come back to HDB to get a similiar flat for fraction of their selling price, thus making a huge profit just by moving house. So in order discourage profiteering, the govt decided to raise the price of their new flats and implemented levies.

However, that had worsened the problem in two ways, 1. young new buyers cannot afford better housing, and 2. the resale prices of HDB flats are pushed up even higher!

Had the govt been sincere in tackling the issue of profiteering, they would have restricted the HDB resale prices, maybe say, resale price cannot be more than the buying price + accrued mortgage interest paid. In this way, the selling price would be controlled and the govt can continue to offer cheaper new flats.

In the end, yes we are not able to profit from selling flats like our fathers' time, the problem of profiteering is solved. But at who's expense? Ours!! The tables are now turned on us and HDB becomes the one profiteering instead. :notti:

:bangwall:

My 2 cents' worth - our next generation may be writing what you wrote as above in 20 to 30 years' time and comment how cheap it is to own a house during their parents' generation (i.e. our generation). Cost and standard of living is rising at a unbelievable rate.

I'm quite sure those days when our parents buy houses at 20 to 30K are definitely not earning as much as we do now (not that we are earning a lot; but at least we don go hungry yet not too full :notti:).

What we should do now is to hope and earn money, should we decide to sell our Tanglin Halt flats in future. :notti:

Edited by Enalyze

Got a flyer from Town Council saying of many complaints of dripping mops and clothes as well as wahing of windows. Moving in officially this weekend, is it really that bad?

Btw, looks like the feedback to Town Council is quite effective, they are washing the blocks again today.

My 2 cents' worth - our next generation may be writing what you wrote as above in 20 to 30 years' time and comment how cheap it is to own a house during their parents' generation (i.e. our generation). Cost and standard of living is rising at a unbelievable rate.

I'm quite sure those days when our parents buy houses at 20 to 30K are definitely not earning as much as we do now (not that we are earning a lot; but at least we don go hungry yet not too full :bangwall:).

What we should do now is to hope and earn money, should we decide to sell our Tanglin Halt flats in future. :notti:

In the first place, HDB flats are not meant to be money-making tools.

Edited by TYM