Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
celestewong

Hi. Need help to decide on ID and appreciate feedback on 3d drawings

Hi all,

Am currently in midst of searching a honest, responsible and creative ID for my resale flat.
Have a very bad experience with my first renovation, hence would need more information on the following firms/ ID. My Hubby and I do quite a fair bit of travelling hence we need someone to manage the place as though it is his own.

Basically, of the firms that was referred to by my friends who have quite good experiences, have went to the following.

Would appreciate if there are any additional information on any of them at all.

1) Joseph from Absolook Interior Design (senior design consultant)

Was recommended by one of my older relative. Did their BTO flat sometime last year.
a) Workmanship seems decent.

b) although design-wise not something we are looking at.

c) Hidden cost at a minimal.

d) no defects done during the warranty period

Quotation came in pretty fast although pretty standardized format.

Could only view 3d drawings after signing with them. Am purely considering strictly because the price quoted is the cheapest among the ones we have been to.

Read many reviews online about the company (a mix of good and not so good) but nothing specifically about Joseph. Have also requested to go to some of his current job sites and he does not seem to have such a practice. Am speaking to him, hoping that he can come out with the 3d. Would greatly influence our decision if we can see the 3d beforehand. Previous experience was a watershed where my first ID 3d design never came close to what we wanted.

2) Edwin Fong from The Interior Lab (senior design manager)

Was recommended by a few of my colleagues which had their houses done by him over the years, when he was in a few different firms.
a) After visiting my colleagues' place, Workmanship above average.

b) More effort seen putting into the design and space layout.

c) Colleague explained that he has almost no hidden cost.

d) have a few defects coming up over the years yet still responded pretty fast.

e) friends referred to that have engaged him also spoke positively about him

Quotation came in the very same day we first visited him, yet surprisingly detailed. Have quite a few KIVs which he explained is cost that he cannot put a number to at this current stage, ie things like aircon trunking plaster box-up etc.

V good first/ second impression. Takes the time to explain to us what to expect. 6 hours for the first meeting and another half a day for the second. Visited his current and past job sites while speaking with his previous homeowners. Never spend that much time combined for the rest.

Am very impressed with the 3d drawings he provided FOC. Price quoted mid-range yet still affordable.

My concern is that the review of the company seems limited and less than ideal. despite above average reviews of the ID, even for his previous company.

Am leaning towards signing with them yet afraid that the ID might resign halfway, leaving me to deal with the company myself. He certainly has the experience to start a new firm on his own.

More reviews on the company and the after sales services is greatly appreciated. =}

Am sharing his 3d pictures. Any feedback is appreciated.

KITCHEN_1A_(2).png

LIVING_1A_(2).png

MBR_TOILET_1A_(3).png

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 09/12/2016 at 3:42 PM, hototay said:

Charles - not really, i have ex colleague and friend who got their services and i ask them how much total cost of their reno , because that time i was also hunting for ID,they say quite reasonable (competitive) for the end result, i can understand you however when you say you feel is kinda pricey because their FB has tons of positive reviews and their designs also impressive. 

the impression is that because theyre quite famous for having many happy clients, they charge high, my sis in law engaged them and quote is midrange for their newly awesome reno

2 hours ago, Dgardel said:

the impression is that because theyre quite famous for having many happy clients, they charge high, my sis in law engaged them and quote is midrange for their newly awesome reno

I'm one happy client here! I will write my detailed review soon.