Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I started to look for ID since the beginning of Oct 2016, it was a tough especially I'm renovating partial of my house. To cut the story short, just want to share my encounters with some IDs and hope those who are looking for partial renovation can just avoid these IDs as they are totally not interested in small budget (not more than S$30k)

1) Everxxxxn (New co) - Simple and nice showroom which you get to see many material utilized in such a small space. Initial interaction is good. ID came to evaluate the work and dimension. Quotation received after 4 days. No portfolio as ID said he is still compiling. Only 4 to 5 messages exchange and we were pleased. We asked to view their current WIP in the same location which he mentioned. Initially he said ok. After we asked him to arrange, he stopped messaging and no respond thereafter.

2) Pxx Kxxxg - Very friendly and helpful uncle. He came to measure and give lots of advice which are really very practical especially some repair works done by my previous ID. His quote is reasonable. But as my spouse wanted more sleek design and needed more ID input, he wasn't that keen to go with PK. But I've seen their work with my friend and I must say the carpentry work is good.

3) U-xxxe - Saw their showroom and really impressed with their design and workmanship. Talked to Mr Wm for 1 hour. He sound keen to quote and all info was exchanged. After a week, nothing from him. And not expecting.

4) Mxxxx (Sxx Creation) - Spouse wanted to look at the materials, went there and was assigned an ID, most of the materials are quite common, perhaps 3-4 items was new to us. Halfway through the introduction of all the 6000 sq ft area. I'm already felt it's such a waste of time, as the focus should be on what we want then advertising for their suppliers. After a sit down talk using our layout. We realised ID didn't actually paying attention with what we want and kept asking the same questions and forgetting here and there. We constantly repeated ourselves. What put us off is that they required us to make a deposit of S$2k to process their quotation. And kept promoting some S$3k vouchers but refused to list the suppliers which this voucher can be used. We felt uncomfortable and insisted to leave. 3 hours spent just to realised that their carpentry work is really bad and apart from that, those sign with them just have to be careful that they use compressed wood as well.

5) Abxxxxxk - We had a good experience with the ID. Visited the showroom and immediately saw what we actually wanted. The ID came and likes our layout as it gives him lots of ideas and he mentioned that it will allow him to have full play to his professional knowledge. Unfortunately, his quote is sky rocket and what disappointed us was his 2D drawings. Nothing of what we wanted.

After all the set back, we turn to Renotalk and found a very popular ID. I called him and he responded within a day despite his busy schedule.

6) Cxxxxx Bxx - He came and definitely we can tell his expertise is there despite his carpentry work is in JB. He gave some advise and to me sounds good because he emphasized on proportion and space planning which helps. I really look forward to his quote and even if its above my budget, I'm willing to stretch it as I believe all the positive review about him are genuine. He promised to give me a quote 4 days later, on the 5th day, I messaged him and hours later he responded that he was busy clearing back log and will give me the following day. But after a week, nothing from him. It's a let down cause at least, he should be professional enough to say he can't quote and not just MIA.

We went back to source for ID in the web and found

7) All Axxxx Dxxxxx - Meet up at a residence showflat, nicely and impressively done. Wish my house is like that even it's smaller. Nice chat with the ID (boss). After understanding our requirements, he says he will quote. So we message him 3 days later, but he was in the hospital and without pushing away his responsibility, he frankly told us they are also having tight schedule and couldn't meet our deadline. But being a professional, he refered us to another ID company which he has checked that they have the time slot for us. I must say, such professionalism is hard to find in the Renovation industry nowadays especially he looks so much younger then No: 6.

So we are now waiting for our quote again...

So much time lost just because some IDs are not gutsy enough to tell us upfront that they can't quote unless its a $$$ amount of renovation.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I too visited Sxx Creation. As this was the 1st place we visited in our search for ID, my husband was quite impressed and placed a $2k deposit, although I wasn't keen. We too spent 3hrs + there.

After the visit, we emailed the ID our list of requirements. He said he'll come to our place 2 weeks later with 3D drawings, and he asked us to go to their website/facebook to find some colour scheme or what to put into his 3D drawings. However we can't find, and asked him through email where. 1st thing I'm not too pleased with is, he did not reply, so how can he do a 3D drawing to my liking? Never mind. Towards the 2 weeks deadline, we had to message him to arrange the time to meet. And he replied, "I was about to message you".. I was thinking, if we didn't contact him, he probably wouldn't contact us too. Never mind again.

We met him. He produced a quote, that seems vague, with many missing items, suggesting he did not read my list of requirements. 2 weeks ago, he asked us to send him photos of our current furniture, so he can match to the design. However, the bed in the 3D drawing is nothing like my current, at least color is so different. Never mind about that again. He had another appointment, so he left 1hr + later, and said he'll resend us the updated quote ~5 days later.

We did not get his quote on the 6th day, and message him. He said "tomorrow", and tomorrow did not come. We message him again ~10days later after our 2nd meeting, and he said tomorrow once again. This time, he sent. However, the quote is still vague. Only 1-2 amendments, and still missing bulk of the items. To his 2nd quote, I wrote another list, of the missing items, and my other demands. I thought it should be better this time. Now, 9 days later which was yesterday, the 3rd revision of the quote I get is again vague. Like no effort put in.

I'm very pissed. And dropped an email to get my refund.

I"ve also been to get other quotes. So far, I think Swiss Interior (http://swissinterior.com.sg/) and Chern Hock ID28 (Jeremy:88187272) gave me quite detailed quote, and both prices are relatively reasonable.

For Swiss Interior, the quote is expected to be probably ~3-5k higher (final revision not done yet), but so far, I find the service quite good. The ID is responsible, and has a followup. Eg, he said he'll produce a quote in 1week. When 1 week is up, and he needs more time, he'll msg to let us know. I think this kind of attitude is better then just letting people wait and wait, and we have to go chasing.

Btw, my quote is in the region of ~65k-70k, so 5k difference is probably not so significant compared to a project that costs 30k.

Hi Artist, i hope you dont mind me asking on Abxxxxxk, I'm considering them as well despite reading mix reviews here, can you pm me the ID who assisted you so if i get assigned to him, i will stay away due to lack of exp and skyrocket quote? THank you

Hi all,

I suggest avoiding Sky Creation, unless you only want to do things stated in their package.

As mentioned in my previous post, I emailed to request for my refund of $2k. I was told that I will get it within 2weeks.

2 weeks passed, we asked about it and they ask for our address to post the cheque to us. OK. We gave and waited. After 3 working days, we did not receive any cheque in our mailbox. We asked again. The person said the letter was surely mailed the previous Friday, and asked us to wait another 2 more days, until the end of the week. Sure we waited. There was no mail. We asked again. Then we were referred to the finance department, who said they mailed it out only that Fri (not the previous Friday). We were told to wait again. Again, by the next Wed, we did not receive the cheque.

We were very pissed. Since their supposedly cheque ready date, we have waited 3 weeks. I think they just want to eat our money.
From the encounter with them over the quotation, my personal opinion of them is that they are not honest at all, and trying to trick the customer into signing, and ripping them off later.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, neomatrix said:

Hi Artist, i hope you dont mind me asking on Abxxxxxk, I'm considering them as well despite reading mix reviews here, can you pm me the ID who assisted you so if i get assigned to him, i will stay away due to lack of exp and skyrocket quote? THank you

So sorry for the very late respond. I don't know why Renotalk did not email me all the responses posted in my thread. I happened to drop in and saw your question. I hope you got a good ID. The ID who served me is Eric.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, binglei said:

Hi all,

I suggest avoiding Sky Creation, unless you only want to do things stated in their package.

As mentioned in my previous post, I emailed to request for my refund of $2k. I was told that I will get it within 2weeks.

2 weeks passed, we asked about it and they ask for our address to post the cheque to us. OK. We gave and waited. After 3 working days, we did not receive any cheque in our mailbox. We asked again. The person said the letter was surely mailed the previous Friday, and asked us to wait another 2 more days, until the end of the week. Sure we waited. There was no mail. We asked again. Then we were referred to the finance department, who said they mailed it out only that Fri (not the previous Friday). We were told to wait again. Again, by the next Wed, we did not receive the cheque.

We were very pissed. Since their supposedly cheque ready date, we have waited 3 weeks. I think they just want to eat our money.
From the encounter with them over the quotation, my personal opinion of them is that they are not honest at all, and trying to trick the customer into signing, and ripping them off later.

I've just learned from my friend during a Christmas gathering that he used Sky Creation when he bought his new condo. Despite it's a 90sqm area with ready made kitchen and wardrobe, he spent more than $90k just for his renovation. Not only that, the electrical cost him more than $5k which is ridiculous.

I felt uneasy about the way they promo themselves. If they are really good, they don't need to spend so much time highlighting their workmanship. Honestly, if you've been through their showroom. The quality really sucks.

My renovation is almost done. So far so good. The only complaint I have is they are too fast. They have 2 carpenters working on each of my kids' room. Then one of the day, they sent in 3 carpenters to modify on my wet kitchen, touch up the rooms and constructing my TV console in the living room. Coming this week will be my dry kitchen. They probably finish in 3 days in my oven and fridge come in timely. Thereafter, my stone contractor will take measurement before installing my marble top in my dry kitchen.

Here 2 photos of my boy's room. I don't really like the laminates but my boy insisted the colour combination. So far the workmanship is pretty good. I even visited the factory in woodlands before I sign up with the ID.

The electrical wirings are not done yet in this stage.

File 8-1-17, 5 58 27 PM.jpeg

File 8-1-17, 5 59 02 PM.jpeg

My girl's room is not completed cause there was a delay in the shipment for the handles whichI ordered from Aliexpress. Sadly the quality turned out to be bad but I've got no choice but to install them when my carpenter come next week. Will look around and hope to find better handles to replace it soon. My girl's room was designed by my ID. As for my boy's room, I designed it according to what my boy wanted, so it's not as nice. :-(

Edited by Artist123

On 1/8/2017 at 5:40 PM, Artist123 said:

So sorry for the very late respond. I don't know why Renotalk did not email me all the responses posted in my thread. I happened to drop in and saw your question. I hope you got a good ID. The ID who served me is Eric.

no probs! met one of Absolook's most sought ID and engaged them based on his creativity, experience and personality. thank you heaps!

Edited by neomatrix