Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whenks72

Beware Guys - Fradulent Interior Designing Company Alert.

Hi Friends,

I had a very bad and strange experience with a interior designing / renovation company in Oxley business hub, UBI. I am careful in revealing the name as I have initiated a legal process against this company, the company name has number '8' in its name :-). I will reveal the name by next week as soon as the verdict is out.

here is how they cheat - In the name of preparing drawings, they first charge you SGD1,000 by claiming it is just for drawings preparation, which will be adjusted when you signup for the whole contract later. But there is no obligation to signup for whole contract. In case we choose an another contractor for renovation, we should consider paying this 1,000 for the preparation of drawings, which is a fair deal. This appointment letter has a cooling period of 7 days to cancel in case you change your mind. until here everything will be sweet and professional. Fun starts from here. I was trapped in to this trick and paid SGD 1,000 on 15th Jan'17 and later advised by an another friend who had this problem, I quickly realised my mistake and on 16th Jan'17 (well within the cooling period of 7 days) I formally communicated my intentions to cancel the appointment letter and requested him not to start any work. Then the true trick came out, he refused to refund the money and started wrong claims that he spent time in preparing one drawing already, ceiling plans etc. When signing he told me that he can only start my work after CNY as they are busy until then on urgent works. Just to assess the genuinity of his claims of preparing one drawing, I asked him to send the drawing as a proof. The then sent me an old drawing that he prepared for someone in Tampines HDB unit. For his cheating practices, duping clients with false claims and facts, I have already initiated a legal process against this company and also lodged a formal complaint in CASE Singapore. If you want more details, you can write back to me, I will provide my piece of advice and precautions about this company. Be very careful guys. Just a word of caution - be clear on what is chargeable and what is not when you deal with this company.  After jury's verdict I will post all details about this company and their modus operandi.

Edited by whenks72

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

whenks, that is a sad story.. however if i were in your place, i would not really pay for 1k even if they say they will adjust or refund it despite of no obligation to sign up clause. it is really important for us to choose our IDs carefully and not just any conman who will cheat us. i hope you get a good result on your complaint and more renotalkers would get warned on your post.. thank you.