Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d3n

Our Scandi-Industrial Inspired Love Nest!

37 minutes ago, d3n said:

Thanks! You can find my forwarder on this post here:

thanks! just sent a request to mike on wechat. could i also check with you, the furniture will come flatpacked? those i want to buy seem to be already 组装好. i wonder whether can ask the seller not to assemble first or not. i do feel that assembled already is better otherwise i will need to find my own handyman, but it will incur lots of shipping fee right? 

Edited by matchalatte

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 2017-6-1 at 9:38 PM, d3n said:

Wifi also up today!

IMG_9476.JPG.067f194cc8ce49592867122dc07bc7f1.JPG

hihi, may i know where did u got this from and wats the price?

13 hours ago, matchalatte said:

thanks! just sent a request to mike on wechat. could i also check with you, the furniture will come flatpacked? those i want to buy seem to be already 组装好. i wonder whether can ask the seller not to assemble first or not. i do feel that assembled already is better otherwise i will need to find my own handyman, but it will incur lots of shipping fee right? 

u can tell the TB seller you prefer to be flatpacked. most of the time those furniture by default is flatpacked unless stated.

if already assembled... depends how bulky... it will take up more CBM then you will incur more shipping fee. if is small furniture not that bad. big furniture will take up space and may damaged during shipping.

13 hours ago, YinGG said:

hihi, may i know where did u got this from and wats the price?

bought this from Sim Lim Sq at $180 but if you wait for qoo10 voucher, it can be even cheaper.

gxgx.. d3n bro, think your reno going almost completed and done i guess..

d3n bro, can ask how do you know your rain shower water pressure is not correct?

Edited by tohlianseng

1 hour ago, tohlianseng said:

gxgx.. d3n bro, think your reno going almost completed and done i guess..

d3n bro, can ask how do you know your rain shower water pressure is not correct?

Yup! completing soon... we will be moving in next week! Now only pending tempered glass in kitchen and shower panel in master room installation + general cleaning by ID before handing over to us.

For rain shower... see the water flow whether strong or not... but your rain shower type plays a part too... mine is 160mm. You can read more details here:

https://www.aosbath.com/4-facts-about-hot-water-pressure-in-singapore/

After discussing with my wife, we feel that the Taobao TV console maybe a little too low since we are not mounting our 55" TV on the wall... hence we went to Wiharja warehouse sale (Toh Guan) and we decided to buy this new TV console!

IMG_9571.JPG.e15333c8f41c3e3224709d0e3d417b6e.JPG

New TV Console dimension - 180cm length x 55cm height x 45cm width

Current TV console dimension - 160cm length x 40cm height x 30cm width

55" TV with stand height - 75cm

Sofa seat height level - 50cm

Edited by d3n

16 hours ago, crunchychewynuts said:

Hi there congrats on your new place! Looks real grand.

Could I find out where did you purchase your digital water heater and for how much? Love the interface and energy control.

Hi,

I bought from AOS Bath, they are the only agent to carry AO Smith brand in Singapore I believe.

You can contact Amanda at amanda@aosbath.com

20 hours ago, lkccchris said:

Hi,

How much is the Barn door for bedroom?

TIA

$385 including black door level and installation.

Hey d3n, can't tell you how grateful I am to you for sharing so much. It's really shaping up beautifully and you should be really proud. found your thread on hwz but see you post more here :) spent whole night reading in admiration lol.

My layout is the exact mirror image of yours and I have so many questions since key collection will be v soon. appreciate your help!

1) Since you bought many things on your own, who did the installation (from ID or 3rd party)? doors, kitchen sink, bathroom vanity set from taobao etc

2) Aircon - what kind of insulation and copper pipe was given? No idea about Tim & his group buys, interested to know more.

3) Did you do any LAN cable laying between rooms etc? Did the electrican do it for you? Really interested in the AP you installed, ever knew about this before. So just this 1 device can each every corner of your house (MBR toilet with doors closed?). Since you installed it on the ceiling, whats the distance to your router & power point?

4) Kitchen wall / floor tiles can hack? I know toilet has 3 year no hacking period.

5) the 31k you spent includes reno, furniture & all appliances? (don't count piano)

6) the AOS water heater, does it heat both bathrooms, kitchen & washing machine?

7) did Magdalene, your grill contact, provide the service yard windows?

sorry so many questions! very noob here, thanks!

Edited by bovi

3 hours ago, bovi said:

Hey d3n, can't tell you how grateful I am to you for sharing so much. It's really shaping up beautifully and you should be really proud. found your thread on hwz but see you post more here :) spent whole night reading in admiration lol.

My layout is the exact mirror image of yours and I have so many questions since key collection will be v soon. appreciate your help!

1) Since you bought many things on your own, who did the installation (from ID or 3rd party)? doors, kitchen sink, bathroom vanity set from taobao etc

2) Aircon - what kind of insulation and copper pipe was given? No idea about Tim & his group buys, interested to know more.

3) Did you do any LAN cable laying between rooms etc? Did the electrican do it for you? Really interested in the AP you installed, ever knew about this before. So just this 1 device can each every corner of your house (MBR toilet with doors closed?). Since you installed it on the ceiling, whats the distance to your router & power point?

4) Kitchen wall / floor tiles can hack? I know toilet has 3 year no hacking period.

5) the 31k you spent includes reno, furniture & all appliances? (don't count piano)

6) the AOS water heater, does it heat both bathrooms, kitchen & washing machine?

7) did Magdalene, your grill contact, provide the service yard windows?

sorry so many questions! very noob here, thanks!

Hi,

Here's my reply to your qns:

1. So far my ID only do installation for my bathroom accessories (bought locally, in JB and TB) and kitchen sink (bought locally from Hoe Kee). I engaged a 3rd party mover to assemble my wardrobe from TB but they didn't do a good job and spent 3.5 hours yet cannot finish the installation. So my advise to you is for large bulky items like wardrobe... better buy locally. The rest of the furnitures, I DIY assemble them.

2. Tim Wong gave Armaflex 1/2 inch insulation, G22 copper pipe, 16mm drainage pipe and keystone brand cable for my aircon installation. However in my case, they did the installation sharing 2 pipes in one insulation... not sure if there is any repercussion in this in the long run as I read that it is recommended to do 1 pipe 1 insulation. Since my ID already painted and boxed up some of the trunking areas... I decided not to redo the whole aircon piping. *finger crossed*

3. I didn't do LAN as I will be using wireless only for the whole house. New BTO is all LAN ready... so you just need to buy a switch to connect to your router and the LAN point in the DB box. The wireless AP is running on PPOE hence no power point required. the distance is 1 beam distance.

4. Luckily our default HDB tiles is still pretty decent hence we didn't overlay new tiles over existing tiles. We didn't any reno work in the common toilet and only do a customised full length storage mirror and vanity cabinet in the Master toilet.

5. The $31K is just the reno cost, we spent another $30K on furnitures and appliances.

6. The AO Smith water heater only provides hot water to both toilets only. For kitchen and service yard, you will need to pull extra piping if you want hot water in these areas.

7. Yes the service yard window is included into the quotation.

HTH!

Edited by d3n

you're a champ!

good to know it's all LAN ready. sorry have to ask what this means " the distance is 1 beam distance "? tried google but no success. my concern is the mbr is so far from living room. multiple walls & door in the way.

I also notice your AP trunking disappears into the wall (?). confused why you need trunking when the rest of it could be hidden. assume your lan cable from AP connects to a switch that is nearby?

is it normal for id to do boxing up of the aircon trunking instead of Aircon fella? 1/2" & 22 copper I saw somewhere charge $80 top-up, good for you :)

thx!

2 hours ago, bovi said:

you're a champ!

good to know it's all LAN ready. sorry have to ask what this means " the distance is 1 beam distance "? tried google but no success. my concern is the mbr is so far from living room. multiple walls & door in the way.

I also notice your AP trunking disappears into the wall (?). confused why you need trunking when the rest of it could be hidden. assume your lan cable from AP connects to a switch that is nearby?

is it normal for id to do boxing up of the aircon trunking instead of Aircon fella? 1/2" & 22 copper I saw somewhere charge $80 top-up, good for you :)

thx!

Hi,

My apologies for the confusion. The 1 beam distance away is between my router (in the DB box) and the wireless AP device on the ceiling beam nearer to my 3 bedroom outside - refer to my floorplan). I only got this 1 device to cover the whole house. Haven do intensive testing on the coverage until I move in next week.

My connection is actually like this.

ONT (fiber point) -> router -> ppoe injector -> wireless AP 

the PPOE injector connects the long cat6 ethernet cable that runs on the trunking from DB box to the other end of ceiling beam as shown in the picture below.

IMG_8915.JPG.050d0fe678bf855a220fad34f1aadf45.JPG

it depends on your preference, some home owners dun like the aircon trunking to be exposed so they will ask the ID to box up for them. In my case, in my master room, if I don't box up, it will looks ugly as shown in the photo below.

IMG_8404.JPG.60cc5392105cfbb1475e534da2fb9373.JPG.ac158d8c45d4f672a6fdb2ba1a1f6a34.JPG

Edited by d3n