Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hwaa

5rm resale scandi-industrial.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
51 minutes ago, doctor123 said:

Thanks! It's my first house too.

Yeah I'm trying to be prudent as well. Don't mind spending for items that is crucial for everyday use like sanitary wares, mattress, washing machine. Going to be sourcing around for pricing and all once I've chosen a contractor.

wow. gonna be quite alot of buys for your new house.

not easy to buy stuffs nowadays, too many temptations, haha.

48 minutes ago, hwaa said:

so we look to ezbuy to try to see what we can buy. during the time we buy, there was promotion for one month ezbuy prime, so time was just nice!

i will just show some of the stuffs i bought..

IMG20161207224936.jpg

IMG_20161207_230837.jpg

IMG20161210170520.jpg

IMG20161210165951.jpg

the stuffs came and the quality is really quite good, solid feel and nice finishing.

your stuff looks solid! you are lucky still got one month ezbuy prime, now they only give 5 days trial!

3 minutes ago, fifteenmay said:

your stuff looks solid! you are lucky still got one month ezbuy prime, now they only give 5 days trial!

yah but then the one month also not sufficient to be honest haha, after that one mth ended i also bought the 5 days trial.. now im still tempted to get the $99 prime cos on and off will still have many stuffs to buy...

16 minutes ago, hwaa said:

yah but then the one month also not sufficient to be honest haha, after that one mth ended i also bought the 5 days trial.. now im still tempted to get the $99 prime cos on and off will still have many stuffs to buy...

i bought 4 times of 5 days trial after my one month free trial! every day got delivery, its like xmas! ahahah

saw this tiles that i really like, so decided to make this my kitchen wall tiles.

Edited by hwaa

13 hours ago, hwaa said:

what i intend to do is to keep all the rooms, including the study room.

hack away the balcony sliding door, make it open and covert it to kids play area.

kitchen hack away those retro bar counter and leave it open, i like open kitchen.

my scope of work includes..

hack all living room floorings. overlay all bedroom floorings with vinyl. hack kitchen, hack both toilets, hack balcony flooring as well, hack service yard floorings as well.

do an island, relocate my common toilet door to facing service yard cos default is facing living room, no good.

mbr do 4" platform and 2 wardrobe - 1 full ht and 1 half height.

my finalized quotation is 46k, include re-run whole house electrical wirings, re-run whole house water pipings. 

whole house no false ceilings cos this is actually my 2nd time doing reno and i think false ceiling will make the house looks low so this time round i am not doing any false ceiling.

no feature wall as well cos personally feel there's no need for a feature wall.

Hi Hwaa,

I'd like to suggest creating a new door of the common bathroom at the hallway leading to bedroom side since that space is really unusable. In this case, you will need to swap the toilet bowl to the centre of the bathroom and place wash basin at where the current toilet bowl is.

went jb and hoot this 2 fans.

one the original vento fino 2 and a similar looking deka galaxy ms16.

IMG-20170113-WA0018.jpg

Edited by hwaa

1 minute ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi Hwaa,

I'd like to suggest creating a new door of the common bathroom at the hallway leading to bedroom side since that space is really unusable. In this case, you will need to swap the toilet bowl to the centre of the bathroom and place wash basin at where the current toilet bowl is.

i would not want a door at the small walkway cos i want my kids to have space to run around.

im relocating my common toilet doorway to facing balcony and seal up the original doorway thats facing the living room.

one disadvantage is that i will enter the wet area first, but its not really a concern to me cos its common toilet.

IMG_20170325_161652.jpg

this is my initial draft. 

store remains and not gonna extend further, initially thot wanna extend out and extend out the kitchen as well.

doing a main island and a main tall unit at the living room. sealing up the original common toilet door allows me to have a big tall unit.

2 hours ago, hwaa said:

i would not want a door at the small walkway cos i want my kids to have space to run around.

im relocating my common toilet doorway to facing balcony and seal up the original doorway thats facing the living room.

one disadvantage is that i will enter the wet area first, but its not really a concern to me cos its common toilet.

My suggestion will be more convenient for your kids to access the common bathroom. Otherwise they will have to go through the dining area, kitchen and enter the service yard before reaching the bathroom. Also the bathroom door will not block the hallway as it will be opened inward.

However, if you prefer to have the common bathroom door at the service yard, why don't you combine the service yard door with the common bathroom door. That means the service yard door is also the common bathroom door. In this way, the service yard door will not block the entrance to the common bathroom. Just my two cents...

Edited by KFC1189

1 hour ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi Hwaa,

oh... okay now i get what u mean.

did consider that before but my wc at that position is very awkward for the door to be created there, might be abit squeezy and tight for door.

actually this is some sort my contingency if the door facing balcony cannot be opened up.

the wc drain hole doubt can be relocated if im not wrong. anyway i have shifted in for about 5-6 days already and so far we are quite good with the door facing balcony.

as i go along u will see that actually my kitchen is a open concept so the kids going to common toilet is still okay, not too bad.

i did a door going into the service yard as well.. will be closed up when i on the living room aircon.

Edited by hwaa
heh