Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samanthalee

Contractor use our Excess Tiles to get Refund from Tile Shops

Is it common for contractors to bump up the wastage and extra tile cost, then at the end of the project, they took the remaining tiles back to Tile shops (hafary or Soon Bee Huat) for refund???

To me, this is dishonest and cheating.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i received a quote whereby it says we can return leftover tiles to the supplier at 70% of the purchase price. its already stated in the quotation but i suppose there will be dishonest people who do that. moral of the story, check with the supplier or yr contractor/ID about this and never let them take away your leftover tiles. 

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

i received a quote whereby it says we can return leftover tiles to the supplier at 70% of the purchase price. its already stated in the quotation but i suppose there will be dishonest people who do that. moral of the story, check with the supplier or yr contractor/ID about this and never let them take away your leftover tiles. 

:~ the contractor somemore claim that is the extra tile (at their own cost) that they order for our project in case of tile shortage, damage, so no need to order again and wait... blah blah, blah...

You think they are really that kind?

1 hour ago, samanthalee said:

:~ the contractor somemore claim that is the extra tile (at their own cost) that they order for our project in case of tile shortage, damage, so no need to order again and wait... blah blah, blah...

You think they are really that kind?

how dare they? no black & white for eg how much tile is needed, how much has been bought etc? dont think they're so thoughtful to buy from their own pocket. nx time make sure they order the tiles in your presence.