Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Mrs Deathcoth interested and bugging me ...

when u free, u explain to her okay :P

Going to skip breakfast & lunch to save up!!!

sure - talk to her abt it the next time i see her. :)

wah mrs compassvale better open a class and explain to everyone :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

haha - your bf does abetter job girl.. remember? haha

Compassvale, the other time I heard from my mum's friend who runs an optician business that almost all of his clients are those who have had lasik before. For some reason, lasik is only good for a period, on estimation of probably 5-10 yrs at most cos his clients experienced worse vision & headaches due to the hazy visions later on after that. I can't remember what exactly did he say about the retina which was the cause of it.

Lasik essentially changes the entire corneas. I only hear of people who need glasses after lasik in 2 cases (1) long sighted (2) eyesight took a turn for the worse coz they really never take care of their eyes.

Whatever the case, the convenience for that 5-10 years (if it's really true and not a optician business gimmick) the convenience is worth every cent spent. :)

don't think will have this kind of side effect bah

my cousin was the pioneer batch when each eye cost $5k for the basic lasik

he very lucky, got sponsored by the army to be guinea pig

until now still not wearing glasses

one thing is lasik is not a cure, it's just a symptom reliever

so if don't take care of the eyes, the short-sightedness / astigmatism will still come back

that's why they usually advise to wait till the degree stabilise liao than do :unsure:

Hmm I dunno about this seriously cos I've not tried lasik also. If business gimmick, then my mum and i both would be poorer in the pockets like that. keke

If 5-10 yrs later still around in RT, you can update us on how your progress after the lasik. :notti:

Since we're on surgery issue, can ask anyone to rate the pain factor for wisdom tooth extraction? Lower one =(

Since we're on surgery issue, can ask anyone to rate the pain factor for wisdom tooth extraction? Lower one =(

Thought got LA?

Besides tt, think of the 5 day mc... :notti::notti:

Back to issue, i find it quite ok, bear-able... it was done last or 2 yrs back...

Edited by skywolf

don't think will have this kind of side effect bah

my cousin was the pioneer batch when each eye cost $5k for the basic lasik

he very lucky, got sponsored by the army to be guinea pig

until now still not wearing glasses

one thing is lasik is not a cure, it's just a symptom reliever

so if don't take care of the eyes, the short-sightedness / astigmatism will still come back

that's why they usually advise to wait till the degree stabilise liao than do :unsure:

Agreed. still must take due care of the eyes after lasik. Bestie's elder brother also army sponsored pioneer batch - i think shd be more than 10 years ago when he first sign on. Now - still running good!

WOW pain factor? ok - i extracted 4 on the same day, under LA. Regretted so much for not choosing GA. i hated the way they saw my gums to extract lower teeth - no pain, alot alot of pressure and the sound scares me.

i would rate the pain level as managable, it's more of the discomfort during the surgery (wont be so bad if you choose GA) and the discomfort thereafter (cannot eat properly for the next few days). mC - at least 5 days.

Get a referral - will be significantly cheaper and no need to pay cash after deducting from medisave

Edited by compassvale

Apple Acknowledges Huge iPhone Security Flaw, Calls It "Minor," Announces Fix

The minor iPhone security issue, which surfaced this week, is fixed in a software update which will be released in September. :P

i extracted all 4 wisdom tooth under GA 4yrs ago.. the pain oni comes thru after the numbness wear off which is abt an hr after the surgery.. the gum nt beri pain, so not too bad.. (but maybe coz my pain tolerance level is higher) but it's the mouth area super pain lor.. coz they used some instrument to hold the mouth open.. got bruises at dat area for a few days.. tink if i go out, ppl will tink i muz haf been punched by someone at the mouth. was given a weeks MC.

Get a referral - will be significantly cheaper and no need to pay cash after deducting from medisave

compassvale is rite, get a referral will be better coz no need to pay cash coz all paid thru medisave.

my case super drama, i tahan the pain for 2wks (popped 8 panadols daily) until one fine nite it was so bad dat i had to go A&E and ask for help.. i asked the A&E doc if the tooth can be extracted asap anot.. haha.. of coz cannot la coz no dentist available. was given a referral to NDC to see dentist the next morning and super effective painkillers which gave mi relief. saw the dentist n managed to cut queue n did the extraction surgery the following wk. they will ask u to rate the pain level, tell them pain level beri high sure can cut queue. :P

those who had high myopia above 600 degrees will hav risk of retinal detachment or retinal tear.

reason.. maybe retina is thin down due to lengthening of eyeball..?

lengthening of eyeball related to short-sighted..

lasik.. thin down the cornea layer..

... me 900 degrees never do lasik.. jus wear c/l

extraction? means no cutting right?

my upper wisdom tooth extraction pain factor is 1/10

cause got local anesthetic mah

after that only problems are numbness, salivation and inability to eat for a few hours :notti:

those who had high myopia above 600 degrees will hav risk of retinal detachment or retinal tear.

reason.. maybe retina is thin down due to lengthening of eyeball..?

lengthening of eyeball related to short-sighted..

lasik.. thin down the cornea layer..

... me 900 degrees never do lasik.. jus wear c/l

wow - i must be relaly lucky. My myopia >600 per eye. But my corneas are slightly thicker than normal (if corneas too thin - risky to do lasik)

extraction? means no cutting right?

my upper wisdom tooth extraction pain factor is 1/10

cause got local anesthetic mah

after that only problems are numbness, salivation and inability to eat for a few hours :notti:

oh ya - salivation - yeah - it's a problem for me too. Its basically discomfort after the extraction/surgery (not so much of the pain) - terrible.

Edited by compassvale

my experience on wisdom tooth

extraction - zero pain, except when they inject the local anesthetic.

go in > sit down> inject > pull out > stand up > go eat chicken rice :dancingqueen:

surgery - 2/10. achy after anesthetic wears off

go in > lie down > inject > cut cut cut cut cut > wake up > start salivating > nurse explain what can do cannot do > go home > eat porridge for two days :~ :~ :~