Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
white_affair

Any Ideas For Boutique Style Theme?

Hi all, I'm new here and I have been really learning alot from this forum..

Would appreciate if anyone could offer me some ideas on how to achieve a boutique style concept.. Basically my FH and I want a posh yet comfy feeling.. Basically posh mixed with raw materials (eg black glass with cement screeding flooring etc) .. we like a unique mixture of materials.. sorry, don't really know how to describe :yamseng: .. Pls help..thx in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No one?? Seems not many ppl doing this theme... :)

Hi white affair !

Interesting theme you got there. I wanted to go for that and another theme but seems a clash so decided to forego the posh theme.

Not sure if these are the boutique style concept that u have in mind but hope that I can give u some ideas yah...

1. Bathroom: Black slate tiles with cement screeding walls. Black (with gold 'sparkles') solid surface top for the vanity table or dark granite. White sink in bowl form with a minimalist mixer.

2. Bedrooms: Chandelier with intricate design wallpaper (look at Goodrich Global wallpaper : http://www.goodrichglobal.com/10403.htm). Tinted full length mirrors / Gold gilded mirrors

Colors that u might want to incorporate:

Metallic colours like silver or gold in some areas. Splashes of red and pink to provide some colours. Black, grey and tan are nice neutral colours. White is too stark.

Kitchen and living room I have yet to think eh.. hoep u gain some ideas from there.

Hi white affair !

Interesting theme you got there. I wanted to go for that and another theme but seems a clash so decided to forego the posh theme.

Not sure if these are the boutique style concept that u have in mind but hope that I can give u some ideas yah...

1. Bathroom: Black slate tiles with cement screeding walls. Black (with gold 'sparkles') solid surface top for the vanity table or dark granite. White sink in bowl form with a minimalist mixer.

2. Bedrooms: Chandelier with intricate design wallpaper (look at Goodrich Global wallpaper : http://www.goodrichglobal.com/10403.htm). Tinted full length mirrors / Gold gilded mirrors

Colors that u might want to incorporate:

Metallic colours like silver or gold in some areas. Splashes of red and pink to provide some colours. Black, grey and tan are nice neutral colours. White is too stark.

Kitchen and living room I have yet to think eh.. hoep u gain some ideas from there.

Hi Oonik, I would say your ideas are so similar to mine!! :D .. I was planning on the above too.. But thanks for the advice to use more silver or gold.. Great idea!

1) Toilet cement screed walls and floor, shower area just sectioned off with a piece of glass(no door).. black mosaic tiling for shower area. black or cream sink and toilet with shiny fixtures.

2) Black/Red Chandelier in living room and bedroom. Wallpaper for feature area and bed. Lush velvety paded bed board. lush curtains or string curtains.

3) First plan was to use black, cream, red or mocha... but now i find red is too common.. I would like to use purple.. dark purple is also very lush.. Don't want to use to bright colour as the theme may look more contempory than posh.

4) Kitchen also plan to cement screed wall n floor. Cabinets will be black n warm lighting used.. Living room will most prob use black tiles too...

Think my PIL will freak out when they find out how much black im using :D .. But this is the way I want it... Sure hope there will be more ideas on how to achieve this theme!! Thanks again!!

yah yah.. dark purple is very nice when u match it with black and silver.

can't wait to see ur after reno pics ! hehe !

Thanks, I will try to do a reno blog once my plans are more concrete.. Still waiting for HDB to rectify and set appt... Don't know when I can get my keys.. already 2mths since I bought it... :yamseng: