Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GabeGoh

LED light color change when I on/off from the other room

Recently I bought a few 3 color tone led light for my sister's new home it was simple enough for self-installation but right now there this weird problem.

When her study room light is still on and her master bedroom light is turn on and off. The study light room will change to the next color.

I've asked around and some of my friends encounter something like this too, they said their installer add something small for their light and this problem was fixed. 

Can anyone help with this? It will be a great help.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
18 hours ago, GabeGoh said:

Recently I bought a few 3 color tone led light for my sister's new home it was simple enough for self-installation but right now there this weird problem.

When her study room light is still on and her master bedroom light is turn on and off. The study light room will change to the next color.

I've asked around and some of my friends encounter something like this too, they said their installer add something small for their light and this problem was fixed. 

I think maybe your wiring install wrongly ba.... 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, GabeGoh said:

Is the 3 tone lights operating on the turning off/on of the light to change the colour?

normally the wiring points in homes are not one single point directly wired to the in-coming breaker boards. instead, the wires are looped through a few points and then connected to a circuit breaker at the breaker boards. in this case, the wiring for her MBR bedroom light and the study room light is most probably on the same wiring circuit. when the bedroom light is on/off, it caused a slight fluctuation/disruption in the electrical current for the entire circuit which is enough for the LED light to sense there is a on/off "command" issued and hence change the colour.

I had encountered this previously in my old house when turning on/off a light switch in the bedroom will end up causing the living room TV to turn off then on again.