Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngoavl

Cement screeding needed for homogeneous floor tiles?

Hi, can I check if homogeneous tiles require cement screeding? I got an ID who says no need screed, but another ID quoted me for screed so I am a bit confused. Which ID is correct?

Thanks for advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was also confused when one ID mentioned that screeding have to do with homogeneous tiles.

After enquiring a few, actually screeding only need to be done if you're doing vinyl flooring,

homogeneous need not do screeding.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:11 PM, Cindy Xie said:

actually screeding only need to be done if you're doing vinyl flooring

Correct that is what i know as well that only vinyl need screeding from what i remember

Because mine is bare floor, so the ID explain that:

• tiles only around 10mm height
  • HDB bare floor to the door gap is around 40 to 50mm

Hence they need to screed, because dont have ppl who put 30mm of cement before laying tiles. I asked a contractor who happened to be in my company and he say the same thing too. Only if you dont like HDB tiles and want to use your own tiles then no need for screeding.. Now time to ask the ID who say no need screeding why they say so.. Hmmmm :unsure:

Btw, I heard that HDB only do free cement screeding (up to 40mm) for ppl doing vinyl flooring.. So those who are interested in tiles are on our own liao.. haha :dunno:

21 hours ago, ngoavl said:

Because mine is bare floor, so the ID explain that:

• tiles only around 10mm height
  • HDB bare floor to the door gap is around 40 to 50mm

Btw, I heard that HDB only do free cement screeding (up to 40mm) for ppl doing vinyl flooring.. So those who are interested in tiles are on our own liao.. haha :dunno:

That was the past.... no more free concrete 'sub-floor' for bto irregardless of the flooring type.

In the case of ceramic tiles, leveling can be adjusted during installation but not for vinyl floor which requires a highly even sub-floor for installation.

can i reconfirm that hdb is not cement screeding for owners anymore and ID will do it only right? my friend early last year seems to have it still.