Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AlanQuah

Landed Reno re-roofing paint and change drive way shelter

Hi all,

I m super newbie on landed reno. Deciding to get a old landed property. The drive way and roof are rather aged. 

Thinking of doing minimal touch up such as rebuilding the drive way shelter, paint and re-roofing. Have few questions:

1. Does this consituted to an A&A work?

2. Do I need to get PE on this?

3. Any cost estimates?

Thanks in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anything that involve touching the structure will need at least a PE. Also roofing for driveway will need at least an architect endorsement to authority on the set-back.

However, if work done are more of "cosmetic" nature (ie: repainting,) without changing the structure, this will no involve PE or Architect.

10 minutes ago, AlanQuah said:

Driveway consider structure?

driveway not considered. but driveway shelter is considered structure

Depending of work. In some cases you may need to redo the foundation to support the column which in turn support the car porch roof.

General anything on structural works which involved steel work (I Beams, Hollow Sections, etc), concrete, reinforced round steel bars, excavation will required PE (Structural Submission) & Architect (Set-Back, etc endorsement & submission)

Without knowing any specific from Alan, in the worse scenario, you'll likely be looking at +- $350K including professional / authorities' fees.

Installing a quality roof in your home is the right decision. It is very important to put in a quality roof that will not leak during rain and will be able to withstand a hurricane. I would like to recommend these guys - https://vilexconstruction.com . I collaborated with them several times when I rebuilt two summer cottages. I like their attitude towards their clients, and they provide a very high-quality service.

You will need PE if touching anything related to Structure.
A&A or not, depends on what is the extend of reno you are doing, from just your description only, most likely A&A.

Cost not sure.. be sure to use Solar Reflective Coating or Thermal Insulation paint to keep it cool in the day.
Will help you save money on cooling your home.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, 3Cube said:

Depending of work. In some cases you may need to redo the foundation to support the column which in turn support the car porch roof.

General anything on structural works which involved steel work (I Beams, Hollow Sections, etc), concrete, reinforced round steel bars, excavation will required PE (Structural Submission) & Architect (Set-Back, etc endorsement & submission)

Without knowing any specific from Alan, in the worse scenario, you'll likely be looking at +- $350K including professional / authorities' fees.

Possible to Share your PE contact? I need to do submission for HDB renovation.