Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kensanctuary

Chrome Vs Stanless Steel?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, for bathroom tray, may I know Chrome better or Stanless Steel better ?

For anything, of course stainless steel is the best. Chrome will rust....in bathroom where there's alot of moisture, stainless steel would be best.

For anything, of course stainless steel is the best. Chrome will rust....in bathroom where there's alot of moisture, stainless steel would be best.

ya, chrome is just "silver paint" on metal.

SS is the raw material by itself.

but then i heard ikea's stainless steel can rust one... :sport-smiley-004:

chrome simply means a layer of coating applied by electroplating of the shiny stuff. Is usually very whitish in colour. Is really a "nice to look" kind of thing.

Stainless steel got many grades. Ikea ones is not so good. The expensive ones comes with numbers like 318 or 316 etc. Is normally darker tint than chrome ones. As with all metals, still requires come simply wiping to be stainfree.

Yes Ikea's stainless steel will rust and will rust like mad.....dun save on this for your bathroom...song cho has good stainless steel stuff...can check it out....

Thanks, i also thought SS better. But last weekend, goto Rigel, the guy said Chrome (natural mental?) is better than SS, cos SS will rust if bent/the outer layer gone. Made me confuse.

Thanks, i also thought SS better. But last weekend, goto Rigel, the guy said Chrome (natural mental?) is better than SS, cos SS will rust if bent/the outer layer gone. Made me confuse.

I think he himself is confused. :)

Yes Ikea's stainless steel will rust and will rust like mad.....dun save on this for your bathroom...song cho has good stainless steel stuff...can check it out....

my father in law paid so much for Song Cho stainless steel stuff for the kitchen and the toilet.. yet the toiletries rack in the toilet oso became rusty..

the moral of the story is that we still need to maintain the rack cos ss still can rust after wear and tear..

Hi, for bathroom tray, may I know Chrome better or Stanless Steel better ?

Pardon me for asking, what is bathroom tray. Do not understand a lot of these terms.

I still near the sea, toilet stuff all rust, my 1st shower bar is chrome, rust like nobody's business, then change to stainless steel, much better but also have a little rust here and there. Finally changed to aluminum, nice nice, no problem!! So my lesson learn, if don't want rust, don't use steel (eg, chrome steel, stainless steel, etc)

But so far I can't find aluminum bathroom accessories... maybe need to look for plastic ones... don't know got nice one or not....

There are different grades of stainless steel. 18/20 is what's used for kitchen sinks most of the time. Ask for the grading.

Generally for commercial usage, there are 2 grades

SS 304

SS 316

SS316 has more nickel content which make the steel more durable against rust. How do u know whether the SS is high grade or not?? The easiest way to check is by using magnet. If the magnet does not stick to the stainless steel, then it is high grade SS

High grade SS will not rust even though it is being used at coastal areas....

Thot I saw H.. K.. got those s/s for lifetime one? Will it last that long? Any commend?

There are different grades of stainless steel. 18/20 is what's used for kitchen sinks most of the time. Ask for the grading.