Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

Window Shopping For Lightings, Where Would You Recommend?

finally, it's time for us to start shopping for lightings.....

would like to know if you guys have any shops with wide variety of lightings on display?

not hurry in making any decision, just want to see more stuffs :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Balestier or Jalan Besar would be the places to be at if you want to check out variety. There's a whole stretch of lighting shops there, but I can't advise you on whether their prices are reasonable or not though, I didn't buy from them.

Another place to consider would be the stretch opposite Chinese Garden MRT. Chelsea, Pantech, etc. I got mine from Pantech, husband (sales)and wife (delivery) team. There are quite a lot of good comment and review on them, you can check here or at Sgbrides. =)

Also, you can check out IKEA too, there might be hidden gems, they have some nice and affordable lamps.

Can try the light shop along 594 Sembawang Road if you stay at north area. Its one of the two light shops along the shop houses just beside the Sembawang Shopping Centre (now renovating). The shop name is "Tuas Hardware ....." (call recall the rest). I saw this lighting retail at $98 while a exactly same one sells at Jalan Besar for $150!! The sales rep there is courteous too.

Going to get my lighting from this shop next month went I start my renov.

dun worry guys, i stated clearly that it's purely for window shopping, price expensive never mind, I can always find it cheaper at Pantech kind of shop mah....hehe...just need to see for ideas only :notti:

Normally what Watt do u use for living, kitchen, bedroom lights ?

I saw ceiling light - round tube come with 32W (medium), 40W (large), so, living & kitchen use 40W, bedroom use 32W ? or Xtra bright ?

For the glass light locker, got 2 type; 1 is old type, i.e. 1 round screw in the center, the other is 3 fashion (dophine, sea shell etc) locker to hold the light glass, which one safer n reliable ?

Glass lighting is better (clearer) than the acrylic lighting ?

Wattage is not as important as lumens.

Lumens not as important as the design of the light, ie whether the light is direct or indirect, clear or frosted glass or acrylic, etc.

You also got to decide on the colour-- you want warm white, soft white or cool white.

I believe you are talking about fluorescent lights. Normally people use 2 x 40W for living room, 1x40W for bedroom and 1x32W for small rooms (eg store room). But people who have additional floor lamps or down lights or halogen lights may choose to use less.

Your ID should help you with all these. Even your contractor will be able to advise you.

my fengshui masters are advising us to place a red color light (any design as long as it's red) above the kitchen entrace(there will be a kitchen door) and turn it on for 24 hours. This is really a tough job for us....so far I have yet to see any nice looking "RED" color light :bangwall: any suggestion?

my fengshui masters are advising us to place a red color light (any design as long as it's red) above the kitchen entrace(there will be a kitchen door) and turn it on for 24 hours. This is really a tough job for us....so far I have yet to see any nice looking "RED" color light :bangwall: any suggestion?

just buy any nice lamp, go popularbookstore and buy those red colour "plastic" and wrap around the lamp.

your kitchen located at NORTH?

er....this red lamp is going to be right above the door leh, how to use those lamps you guys suggesting hoh.....

Do one row of LED? LED are energy saving and if you do a row of it, might be quite cool depending on your reno theme.

er.....LED on Victorian theme ? what would be quite challenging for my designer haha....

but hey, i just have an idea, just 1 small little LED would do the job man....which is not so obvious.....

er.....LED on Victorian theme ? what would be quite challenging for my designer haha....

but hey, i just have an idea, just 1 small little LED would do the job man....which is not so obvious.....

That might just work. I think your challenge is just find one that would use the electricity from the house and not battery. Might need some electronic engineering :(

relaying of electrical point is needed for sure...but since that whole area will have a brand new door panel, the electrical point can be concealed :(