Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sparkle

Help! Need Some Desperate Help Here!

i'm sorry if this is deemed as OT but i really need some help and ideas very badly...

you see my kitchen side is quite close to the block opposite and really very unfortunately, there is this ultra sickening man who lives approx. 2 floors higher in that block, who likes to look into our kitchen area so very often, the way he looks into our kitchen is very imposing.

you see, he does not just look see look see casually but he would actually stretch his body further out from his window and peep hard!:P we feel our privacy really has been intruded very much :(:(:( and he does that like more than 10 times a day & weekends can be even worse when he does not work!

in case you are wondering, we dress decently at home and i simply could not understand why he likes to look into our flat so much!:P:yamseng::D:P

i know the most obvious solution is to hang curtains BUT, i dun see why i must block wind from coming into our flat just because of him!:) moreover, that is the main wind direction of our flat and the breeziest! i really do not want to suffer from stuffiness by hanging curtain at the kitchen window grill....

can anyone be so kind as to give some suggestions or possible solutions to what we can do to block his view without having the block out the wind? Please? I'm really so desperately need some ideas & help, he is really driving us crazy.... :):):dunno::(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i'm sorry if this is deemed as OT but i really need some help and ideas very badly...

you see my kitchen side is quite close to the block opposite and really very unfortunately, there is this ultra sickening man who lives approx. 2 floors higher in that block, who likes to look into our kitchen area so very often, the way he looks into our kitchen is very imposing.

you see, he does not just look see look see casually but he would actually stretch his body further out from his window and peep hard!:P we feel our privacy really has been intruded very much :(:(:( and he does that like more than 10 times a day & weekends can be even worse when he does not work!

in case you are wondering, we dress decently at home and i simply could not understand why he likes to look into our flat so much!:P:yamseng::D:P

i know the most obvious solution is to hang curtains BUT, i dun see why i must block wind from coming into our flat just because of him!:) moreover, that is the main wind direction of our flat and the breeziest! i really do not want to suffer from stuffiness by hanging curtain at the kitchen window grill....

can anyone be so kind as to give some suggestions or possible solutions to what we can do to block his view without having the block out the wind? Please? I'm really so desperately need some ideas & help, he is really driving us crazy.... :):):dunno::(

Hmmz, I guess your kitchen is very nicely done up, or maybe you cook very nice-smelling food everyday? Hehe...sorry pun aside...

Physical solution is to hang up roller blinds - this will still allow some wind to come in but block his view.

But I would suggest nip the problem at its bud - confront it. I not sure if the man is an aggressor, but do you think he is willing to talk? If so get your husband to speak to him and let him know that you all feel uncomfortable. Maybe he really have no ulterior motive lor.

But in the likely event that he will probably scream his head off at your husband that he did not do anything wrong, then you have to do the unavoidable. Video his actions and gather enough evidence, then seek assistance from the police, CMC and ultimately your MP.

Well, I think roller blinds are the best. You dun have to roll it all down. Just leave it half way through so that wind can still come in. Just enough to partially block his view. I do understand how you feel cos my opposite flat is very near too. Maybe he is just curious of his new neighbours that's all. After a while, he will be bored. Ignore him lah!

for me i will get ready those camera with long long lens

then everytime i see him looking, i will stretch out my body and aim the camera at him, make it very obvious that i am taking his photo

let him have a taste of his own medicine...

but seriously, although it makes you feel uncomfortable that someone is looking at you, the best way to deal with such pple is 见怪不怪,其怪必败 i.e. just show him that his action is not bothering you at all, maybe that's what he wants to do - make you uncomfortable...

also, what are the circumstances that leads to him looking

e.g. you are cooking, walking to the toilet etc

and is this guy middle-aged, old or looks not normal?

or could it be he is looking at the unit below yours?

wow, wait he use zoom lens to aim back or mount spotlight then we have another joo chiat alike story...

for me i will get ready those camera with long long lens

then everytime i see him looking, i will stretch out my body and aim the camera at him, make it very obvious that i am taking his photo

let him have a taste of his own medicine...

but seriously, although it makes you feel uncomfortable that someone is looking at you, the best way to deal with such pple is 见怪不怪,其怪必败 i.e. just show him that his action is not bothering you at all, maybe that's what he wants to do - make you uncomfortable...

also, what are the circumstances that leads to him looking

e.g. you are cooking, walking to the toilet etc

and is this guy middle-aged, old or looks not normal?

or could it be he is looking at the unit below yours?

wow, wait he use zoom lens to aim back or mount spotlight then we have another joo chiat alike story...

well he started it first...

but seriously there must be something wrong with this person...

Hi hi..

What about this... give him a Friendly Wave and grin idiotically...

That is what i did to my neighbour... n he waved back and then disappeared. ahahah...

anyway, another suggestion is that u check with ur upstairs neighbour whether do they notice this man peering into their kitchens as well? if they say yes, you can organize MASS confrontation...

another way is ask the opposite block man's neighbour if they ever got problems with this man... maybe he got some mental problem, u never know.

i think blinds can only prevent the problem, but doesn't solve the underlying cause leh.

thanks so much everyone :( i bot one of those bamboo blinds from ikea last week and to my dismay, the "coverage" is bad, can still see clearly esp when the lights are on but i do not want to change it cos i do not want to sacrifice the breeze... so i went to diy shops to get those window filter paper & stitch on the blind, seem to be ok so far. i can still roll up & down the blind, light can still come in as the filter paper is white & makes the blind much more opaque now.

so, this is my makeshift solution for now & hope it works well ;)

thanks so much everyone :P i bot one of those bamboo blinds from ikea last week and to my dismay, the "coverage" is bad, can still see clearly esp when the lights are on but i do not want to change it cos i do not want to sacrifice the breeze... so i went to diy shops to get those window filter paper & stitch on the blind, seem to be ok so far. i can still roll up & down the blind, light can still come in as the filter paper is white & makes the blind much more opaque now.

so, this is my makeshift solution for now & hope it works well ;)

nowadays many such perverts.... :(

Are you sure he's looking at your unit? He may be just trying to look at the people walking below the flat. How high were the units? Or maybe his family (son or daughter) is living at your block, near your unit and that he is really looking for them.

Did you try to talk to him?

Walk over and talk to the guy or his family.

Cover here, block there is not going to solve the problem. Do u intend to cover up indefinitely?

Confront the problem.

well, i think if you r not 'kui xing' of anything and pretty dressed up, juz ignore it and be happy that someone's amiring. now if u really find it disturbing and choose to do back same to him in anyway, it may be offensive and pose a challenge. if u choose to do a friendly face-2-face appraoch, he may be happy and think that he's attractive. bad move especially u do not know what is 'behind that door'.

meantime, juz ignore this 'attention seeker' or kaypoism. it might juz be temporary issue. be happy and do what u need to do. cheerios.