Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
candyprincess

*~ Keong Bibi & Candy Fifi ~*

helllo LinDa~ thanks for the advice and tips.... :) a lot of things hafta go scout myself for now becos hubbs very busy with work and he work's 6 day week... hai... so i gather al the data n tell him abt it.. he's mostly okie with everything... bottom line is as long as i'm happy... Heh and of cos try to keep within budget... :huh:

Can i ask for painting... is it very hiong? we are thinking of doin it ourselves buden ive read some comments that sometimes will get bubbles or not that smooth... of cos it's always best to leave to the experts but if cn save a bit we wldnt mind doin ourselves...

i bought ikea furniture for my own room few yrs back... still goin strong? but the gross thing was when i dismantled my study table to throw away, there were a lot of white ants crawling in the holes where the stands were connected to the table... :puke: another things is the pole in the cupboard for hanging clothes not very strong... bent already and dropped few times... so cant put much clothes and canoot put in the centre... mus push all to both sides... ZzzZZ anyway, moving hse soon! Muahaha .. Wanted to throw the cupboard away but too huge and heavy!:dunno: have to hack it wan to throw... bleah.. but i think like u said accessories and utensils still okie bah... :)

no worries, i not the most li hai at advices and tips la.. *blush*

sourcing for everything yrself will be so tiring lor.. i almost giving up on my sourcing liao.. today go IMM find mattresses for the umpteen time still haven't buy.. *sighs* so u gambatte ya!!

my hubby did the painting with some friends that time.. i think for guys ok la, they joke, they paint, they drink, they eat, they joke, they paint.. so he had fun lor.. as for bubbles or not that smooth i find it not really lei, perhaps is the paint people use that have this problem.. buy the paint with the roller and the roller plate so that you roll the roller on the roller plate then the roller don't pick up too much paint.. er, don't know you understand not.. haha.. :jawdrop:

same lor, my ikea chest of drawers also sag in the middle until the drawers all cannot close properly.. pek cek.. then ikea study table also abit sink in the middle.. and my ikea clothes hanger gave way!! :help:

for my bulky items, we asks the bangalas working as cleaners at my house to come up to my house to dismantle and throw.. give them abit of money ($10) they happy to do it!!

Edited by LinDa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
helllo LinDa~ thanks for the advice and tips.... :) a lot of things hafta go scout myself for now becos hubbs very busy with work and he work's 6 day week... hai... so i gather al the data n tell him abt it.. he's mostly okie with everything... bottom line is as long as i'm happy... Heh and of cos try to keep within budget... :P

Can i ask for painting... is it very hiong? we are thinking of doin it ourselves buden ive read some comments that sometimes will get bubbles or not that smooth... of cos it's always best to leave to the experts but if cn save a bit we wldnt mind doin ourselves...

i bought ikea furniture for my own room few yrs back... still goin strong? but the gross thing was when i dismantled my study table to throw away, there were a lot of white ants crawling in the holes where the stands were connected to the table... :puke: another things is the pole in the cupboard for hanging clothes not very strong... bent already and dropped few times... so cant put much clothes and canoot put in the centre... mus push all to both sides... ZzzZZ anyway, moving hse soon! Muahaha .. Wanted to throw the cupboard away but too huge and heavy!:P have to hack it wan to throw... bleah.. but i think like u said accessories and utensils still okie bah... :)

we DIY the painting for our EA.. spent less than $400 for the paints, brushes, rollers, masking tapes and plastic sheets. It was quite an effort and time consuming cos we got alot of walls to paint.. zz however, after the task was done.. its really very satisfying to look at the end result.. of cos, there are some imperfections here and there, but we can accept it cos we realised its not easy to paint the walls..

some advice for u to consider:

1. use a small spade to ensure that the wall is smooth then use a feather duster to remove the dust.

2. place masking tape at your skirting as Paint can smear onto it when u r painting the bottom end of the wall.

3. get an angled brush.. ask for the brush that can paint corners when u r at the hardware store. That brush is very very helpful when u r painting corners.. esp the one between the wall and ceiling. It ensures straight line at the top of the wall :good::good:

4. use the smallest roller to ensure that the paint is even. Had tried a bigger roller, though it was faster but the paint effect was uneven.. we had to use the small roller to touch up again and again :bleah:

5. if u wan to save time, avoid using bright, strong colours. We did 4-5 coats on our red, yellow, green, blue and chocolate walls!!! The off-white walls only took us 2 coats!! :D:bleah:

6. Last but not least, get many many manpower!!! My father, hubby and I took over 2 weeks to complete the main walls.. still left abit to touch up after the carpentery.. if we were to paint the ceiling, I think we would take longer time to complete :P

thanks loads for the advice.. think cn get my sibs n their partners to help... ahahahahah thats if they have time la...

anyway have given a rough list of wants to my ID.. nw waitin for him to give me quotation... shall list it here ...

- L shaped Wardrobe with sliding doors & 2 mirrors( 2.5 metres in length )

- platform in Balcony

- windows in balcony

- windows in service balcony

- kitchen cabinets

- door with magnetic field to cover bomb shelter

- rack in bomb shelter

- toilet sink and cabinet ( change old ones )

- sliding glass door for kitchen

- remove study room door

- build door after 2nd toilet towards master bedroom

- shelves and study table

- platform bed with storage space

ya'l think 10 enough for all this or bit tight?

1. use a small spade to ensure that the wall is smooth then use a feather duster to remove the dust.

2. place masking tape at your skirting as Paint can smear onto it when u r painting the bottom end of the wall.

3. get an angled brush.. ask for the brush that can paint corners when u r at the hardware store. That brush is very very helpful when u r painting corners.. esp the one between the wall and ceiling. It ensures straight line at the top of the wall :good::good:

4. use the smallest roller to ensure that the paint is even. Had tried a bigger roller, though it was faster but the paint effect was uneven.. we had to use the small roller to touch up again and again !!

5. if u wan to save time, avoid using bright, strong colours. We did 4-5 coats on our red, yellow, green, blue and chocolate walls!:P The off-white walls only took us 2 coats!! :D:bleah:

6. Last but not least, get many many manpower!!! My father, hubby and I took over 2 weeks to complete the main walls.. still left abit to touch up after the carpentery.. if we were to paint the ceiling, I think we would take longer time to complete :P

7. sandpaper.. to sandpaper uneven walls or those lumps.. :P

its indeed satisfying.. for the last six yrs, i tell friends whom visit me, my hubby paint the wall one.. :bleah:

thanks loads for the advice.. think cn get my sibs n their partners to help... ahahahahah thats if they have time la...

anyway have given a rough list of wants to my ID.. nw waitin for him to give me quotation... shall list it here ...

ya'l think 10 enough for all this or bit tight?

or u can consider approaching those bangalas u see helping hdb paint flats lei to help u paint.. my friend's mother did that and paid them for their labour.. they help hdb paint everyday very experience one!!

do u have an idea of the design u wan for yr items?? if so, get contractor to do shld be able to do so at that price.. but if u using designer as u need help to design the items, then may cost abit more..

u must factor in other costs too like electrical (are u going to rewire the place, L-box, lights), plumbing (installing new sanitary, changing pipes) on top of the usual furnitures.. :D

what is '- door with magnetic field to cover bomb shelter'??

Edited by LinDa

eh.... heheheehehehehheh door .... with magnetic field ???

hmmm... maybe its tic tac... i wan to put up photos n notes de... cos near entrance so cn leave lurve notes for hubby and also put up some photos of us lo.. using magnets... ? yah... :)

or u can consider approaching those bangalas u see helping hdb paint flats lei to help u paint.. my friend's mother did that and paid them for their labour.. they help hdb paint everyday very experience one!!

do u have an idea of the design u wan for yr items?? if so, get contractor to do shld be able to do so at that price.. but if u using designer as u need help to design the items, then may cost abit more..

u must factor in other costs too like electrical (are u going to rewire the place, L-box, lights), plumbing (installing new sanitary, changing pipes) on top of the usual furnitures.. :)

what is '- door with magnetic field to cover bomb shelter'??

hmmm actually i was thinking of getting contractor... but becos i olredi asked my frn's hubby to do for us... and he is an interior designer... so canot take back my words? but he has lobangs and he did say charge us cost price lo... end of the day stil mus give him bit of money not nice dun give anything... so like that lo...

Hello!:P time for us to join here... hee... have "gotten" our "new" flat at Admiratly Drive :)

Will collect keys soon I guess??? Waiting for HDB to let us knw when to go dwn to collect them.

Just can't wait! Have so many ideas for the plc goin thru our minds... hee hee hee...

Our frn will be doin it up for us so I guess reno may not be that pricey cos he said cost price... hope so ba *cross fingers* we wana keep it really simple and easy on the pocket... we most probably will :( the walls ourselves..

Will put up photos as soon as we get our keys... we were told within 3-4 mths time... latest wld be Aug becos that's when our HLE expires... Anyway, we're not really in urgent need for the keys as yet... still need more funds ba... we dun wish to borrow that much... wld most probably be borrowing from his Mom. Thnking of 15-20k for reno n furniture... Possible? We're not gonna change tiles.. Painting ourselves... jus need to do up cabinets n walk in wardrobe as well as platform in balcony...

That's it for now.. shall update in time to come :)

Hello~~ Me your neighbour at 360B~~ my layout of the flat is exactly like yours...just opp direction only. we got the flat during the last walk-in...now already moved in to my hse.

erm...something to tell u, unless u got the colours of your flats all up...try not to buy furniture...might not match u know..although i know its tempting to save the 2% GST la...

btw...actually if u urgent to take the keys, u can actually write in to request for early release since the flat is ready. i tat time is write in to delay coz of the 7th mth...

Hello~~ Me your neighbour at 360B~~ my layout of the flat is exactly like yours...just opp direction only. we got the flat during the last walk-in...now already moved in to my hse.

erm...something to tell u, unless u got the colours of your flats all up...try not to buy furniture...might not match u know..although i know its tempting to save the 2% GST la...

btw...actually if u urgent to take the keys, u can actually write in to request for early release since the flat is ready. i tat time is write in to delay coz of the 7th mth...

hihi thanks for the advice... more or less knw wad the colour of our plc is... also kinda knw wad kinda style we want so more or less can see furniture... by the way u have pics of ur plc?? hw much was it for ur renos? do share with me ya? thanks :)

hihi thanks for the advice... more or less knw wad the colour of our plc is... also kinda knw wad kinda style we want so more or less can see furniture... by the way u have pics of ur plc?? hw much was it for ur renos? do share with me ya? thanks :(

Oh...u can search my blog here under mercsboy...but very long nvr update already. lazy man...my reno about 24k. excluding fittings e.g lights, toilet accessories, kitchen stove all tat.

nowadays materials cost increase lor...so if u have alot of carpentry...it might cost more. my reno was done by my hubby's schoolmate...so my pricing is not accurate one....

PM me if u want to drop by and see my house reno~~ but then hor...my house now messy already la...coz now already stay for so many months liao...alot more barangs...but if u malay cannot come la, coz i got 2 dogs..

hahaha okie okie no la im chinese... :P nice. we wld lurve to get dogs ourselves.. but when we r more settled. pair of pugs. hee. wad breed ure dogs? hmmm wil ask my Bi see he wana go see see look look or not.. he quite passive la.. i do all the rekke-ing and research then he jus adds in wadeva then we compromise lor. bleahx.

i do all the rekke-ing and research then he jus adds in wadeva then we compromise lor. bleahx.

me and hubby also like yr pattern lor - i rekke, he add in.. but i get very pek cek, when i do so much research work then hor my hubby sometimes will comment this not good, that not good but ask him find, he too lazy.. :notti:

me and hubby also like yr pattern lor - i rekke, he add in.. but i get very pek cek, when i do so much research work then hor my hubby sometimes will comment this not good, that not good but ask him find, he too lazy.. :furious:

yaaaa i totally agreee!:notti:! then he wil say u happie can liao.. but when i choose certain things he wil give comments... 8|

jus wondering.. are we allowed to paint our bomb shelter door??? cos if can then maybe i wil paint it and decorate it... becos it is already magnetic.. no point of me making a door over it and also magnetic a bit duh lo... Heh..

meanwhile have been tryin to call my officer but she nt answering her phone leh... then i called her HP and she put down on me... duno if she is busy or what.. but duno why so hard to get hold of her... zZzzZz..

also rushing my ID to faster come out with quotation and want to meet up to discuss the design all that.. i dun wan to waste time lo.. cos when HDB says cn take keys then will take, look for defects and then start renos le.. dun like to drag here and there lo... if cn finalize rough price and design also good lor... but he say he busy with his projects and paperwork... *bish*

yaaaa i totally agreee!:furious:! then he wil say u happie can liao.. but when i choose certain things he wil give comments... 8|

jus wondering.. are we allowed to paint our bomb shelter door??? cos if can then maybe i wil paint it and decorate it... becos it is already magnetic.. no point of me making a door over it and also magnetic a bit duh lo... Heh..

meanwhile have been tryin to call my officer but she nt answering her phone leh... then i called her HP and she put down on me... duno if she is busy or what.. but duno why so hard to get hold of her... zZzzZz..

also rushing my ID to faster come out with quotation and want to meet up to discuss the design all that.. i dun wan to waste time lo.. cos when HDB says cn take keys then will take, look for defects and then start renos le.. dun like to drag here and there lo... if cn finalize rough price and design also good lor... but he say he busy with his projects and paperwork... *bish*

ya la, we happie means we decide right not?? today got argument with hubby over mattress also.. :notti:

i think those hdb officers put their nos is for show only lor, don't think they really like to entertain us.. haha.. u sms her say u need the key urgently lar.. come up with solid excuses..

yup, i painted my bomb shelter door.. 8|

ooo hmmm but my rom only next yr lehh... =X

u have pic of ur door? cn put up?? heh

hmmm we have kinda decided on the sofa .. the bed mus go try more... heh... i pref soft he pref solid... so shall see how but we saw the latex kind he is okie with it.. so shall see how.. hee...

mattress is very impt!! so mus make sure u cn slp soundly on it :)