Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
candyprincess

*~ Keong Bibi & Candy Fifi ~*

when i enter kitchen, left is stove, right is sink.... if im nt wrong, my sink wil be below the window... i told my ID to try not to face directly opposite each other... a bit hard bah... hai... i also duno la... my kitchen is nt done yet... was hoping to be surprised by visitin today... thought some carpentries would be up.... :P

Hmm.... same same for me. But I read some other thread that the stove should not be facing the sink, pipe, washing machine, windows. So, if we are going to put at this place, then all of these will be involved.

At first was thinking of shifting the sink to what blackapple was talking about to the wall directly facing the kitchen entrance. But ID said that it was impossible I think mainly due to where would the drainage going to run to (it cannot run upward can only run downward).

So I was thinking of instead of shifting the sink, why not shift the stove to the wall directly facing the kitchen entrance. Then although part of the stove is facing the kitchen entrance which is equally bad, but at least that the only problem. The other thread mention that 90 degree facing "water stuff" like washing machine is ok.

1 more thing I thought of when shopping at Ikea, saw a stove side cover for protection against small children from overturning any pot on the stove. So this cover will cover the both the side and the front of the stove, wonder will this help

What you all think???

I posted a thread here. Hope Mr Chong will reply... :paint:

Initial thinking -> A

Thinking of putting at -> B

kitchenle0.jpg

Edited by mlsh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hmm.... same same for me. But I read some other thread that the stove should not be facing the sink, pipe, washing machine, windows. So, if we are going to put at this place, then all of these will be involved.

At first was thinking of shifting the sink to what blackapple was talking about to the wall directly facing the kitchen entrance. But ID said that it was impossible I think mainly due to where would the drainage going to run to (it cannot run upward can only run downward).

So I was thinking of instead of shifting the sink, why not shift the stove to the wall directly facing the kitchen entrance. Then although part of the stove is facing the kitchen entrance which is equally bad, but at least that the only problem. The other thread mention that 90 degree facing "water stuff" like washing machine is ok.

1 more thing I thought of when shopping at Ikea, saw a stove side cover for protection against small children from overturning any pot on the stove. So this cover will cover the both the side and the front of the stove, wonder will this help

What you all think???

I posted a thread here. Hope Mr Chong will reply... :P

Initial thinking -> A

Thinking of putting at -> B

kitchenle0.jpg

ya.. the IDs i went to... most of them put the stove at position A. how i wish i can shift the pipe? Argh..

but mIsh, if you shift the stove to position B, you will need to make a L-shape.. then the whole kitchen will b made smaller..

how did you arrange ur MBR

ya.. the IDs i went to... most of them put the stove at position A. how i wish i can shift the pipe? Argh..

but mIsh, if you shift the stove to position B, you will need to make a L-shape.. then the whole kitchen will b made smaller..

how did you arrange ur MBR

Hi,

Yup, it will be a L-shape cuz I realise that there will not be enough place to put stuff if it is juz on 1 side.

For MBR, i juz doing raise platform for the bed. TV console will be getting ready made one. Mayb getting display shelf later. We shift the MBR door to the front so that the study room become inside of MBR and convert the study room to become walk-in wardrobe. We did not want to hack the wall as it take time for the permit and we want to save a bit... hee hee

:paint: thanks for reviving ah... hahahahah i hardly post here becos really nothing happening in my flat lo.... haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

ya admit cn scold more but when i scold i cn be really sacarstic n mean.. i dun wana sour the frnship la.. haha... i am controlling very hard now!:P if it was someone else, i wld have blasted them already... :)

for the sink right, maybe cn put right at the corner when u enter... its at your right... so it wld nt be directly opposite the stove... will be opposite but not directly bah.. heh... nt gd for right handers bah... means have to shift your plate rack on ur left or on the wall above the sink... my ID did suggest that but i scared hit my head la... hee hee...

i actually thought of converting my study to my mbr then the mbr will be come walk in wardrobe & study... but i tink a lot of wasted space if i do that... also nt much privacy if pple wana use the study room and im walking in n out with towel or better still in my birthday suit... :D

hei ping guo & soft ball ball so happening at night ah? actually i didnt sleep til 2 ah... if i knew pple here i wld have been here to "chat" also... hahaha...

i wil try to upload the pathetic pics of the pebble wash n fridge base if u all wan... becos that's all that has been done so far... hahaha.... did nt tk pics of my aircon n lights...

oh well time for me to knock off work... do share ur quotations with me... wld love to compare than :paint: my ID and ask for freebies.... *lolx*

:jawdrop: thanks for reviving ah... hahahahah i hardly post here becos really nothing happening in my flat lo.... haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

ya admit cn scold more but when i scold i cn be really sacarstic n mean.. i dun wana sour the frnship la.. haha... i am controlling very hard now!:( if it was someone else, i wld have blasted them already... :P

for the sink right, maybe cn put right at the corner when u enter... its at your right... so it wld nt be directly opposite the stove... will be opposite but not directly bah.. heh... nt gd for right handers bah... means have to shift your plate rack on ur left or on the wall above the sink... my ID did suggest that but i scared hit my head la... hee hee...

i actually thought of converting my study to my mbr then the mbr will be come walk in wardrobe & study... but i tink a lot of wasted space if i do that... also nt much privacy if pple wana use the study room and im walking in n out with towel or better still in my birthday suit... :wacko:

hei ping guo & soft ball ball so happening at night ah? actually i didnt sleep til 2 ah... if i knew pple here i wld have been here to "chat" also... hahaha...

i wil try to upload the pathetic pics of the pebble wash n fridge base if u all wan... becos that's all that has been done so far... hahaha.... did nt tk pics of my aircon n lights...

oh well time for me to knock off work... do share ur quotations with me... wld love to compare than :curse: my ID and ask for freebies.... *lolx*

my reno not going to b so soon.. most prob in june. by then most of u.. will b enjoying the fruit of ur labour..

candy dun worry.. everything will b chop chop.. if not u go chop ur fren.. hee..

show more PIC.. hee.

my reno not going to b so soon.. most prob in june. by then most of u.. will b enjoying the fruit of ur labour..

candy dun worry.. everything will b chop chop.. if not u go chop ur fren.. hee..

show more PIC.. hee.

cannot chop le.. his wife goin to give birth next yr feb... :( kekekekeke

hmmm sorrie but cnt seem to bluetooth the pics leh.... so weird... jus nt meant to see the pics yet i guess... i used my hP to take... hehe... i told my ID i will be going dwn 2 times next week... hopefully i gt big happy surprise bah... if nt mus go sharpen my parang... :jawdrop:

cannot chop le.. his wife goin to give birth next yr feb... :) kekekekeke

hmmm sorrie but cnt seem to bluetooth the pics leh.... so weird... jus nt meant to see the pics yet i guess... i used my hP to take... hehe... i told my ID i will be going dwn 2 times next week... hopefully i gt big happy surprise bah... if nt mus go sharpen my parang... :notti:

nvm.. another few more days is fine..

go gentle on ur ID.. haha

went dwn to my plc to see what's been done... of cos nt expecting anything much... paint works have been completed.. supposed to finish b4 new year but... oh well... dun wish to comment... tired abt it all.. anyway, here are pics of what's up...

*paiseh* files r quite big.. waiting for them to upload... will post em up later.. wana tk a nap 1st. super tired... Heh :dunno:

ok here r pics of the really slow moving renos ever ! grrr

Upon entry from main door

018.jpg

Balcony facing main door

021.jpg

Where the Tv will be

022.jpg

019.jpg

The Balcony

020.jpg

Edited by candyprincess

MBR wardrobe

011.jpg

The Curve

010.jpg

From the curve towards door

012.jpg

013.jpg

Room light

017.jpg

Study room

014.jpg

016.jpg

Bedroom 1

027.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

Bedroom 2

031.jpg

032.jpg

Common toilet & light

025.jpg

026.jpg

Kitchen that waiting for magic to happen

024.jpg

Walkway to room

035.jpg

With lights on

039.jpg

The downlight

037.jpg

thats all for noW!! forgot to take of the service balcony.... we removed the door of the service balcony & added windows like the one at our main balcony !!

Edited by candyprincess

glad to see ur sweet home in making. :)

you paint the tv wall or use wall paper? it looks nice. :notti:

I was about to ask the same question... How was it done?? Paint? Use wall paper? Feature wall? The tv wall is real special.. :dribble:

painted... was ID's idea.... looks rather confusin to me leH... but i guess i shall let it grow on me bah... anyway as you all knw, our renos have been dragged for super long time... according to my ID's wife, my ID is going to fix up all the carpentries on Monday with the contractor... he claims only 1 day needed... hopefully no more sccreew uPs..

My Bi was really :dribble::notti::) when he saw our plc yesterday and shot sms to our ID... Heh... My Bi has been keeping quiet all the while... its been me who has been ;)8|:P my ID... so when my Bi is not happy and speaks, it means quite bad already... Hehehehehhe Best part? ID nvr reply to my Bi... :fire:

Anyway, we sort of decided since he draggggg our place, we will draaggggggg payment for the last leg... we have paid 75% already... Anyway, he can't do anything if we dragggg payment also... at most frnship SouR... :wub:

painted... was ID's idea.... looks rather confusin to me leH... but i guess i shall let it grow on me bah... anyway as you all knw, our renos have been dragged for super long time... according to my ID's wife, my ID is going to fix up all the carpentries on Monday with the contractor... he claims only 1 day needed... hopefully no more sccreew uPs..

My Bi was really !! !! :furious: when he saw our plc yesterday and shot sms to our ID... Heh... My Bi has been keeping quiet all the while... its been me who has been :P8|:P my ID... so when my Bi is not happy and speaks, it means quite bad already... Hehehehehhe Best part? ID nvr reply to my Bi... :P

Anyway, we sort of decided since he draggggg our place, we will draaggggggg payment for the last leg... we have paid 75% already... Anyway, he can't do anything if we dragggg payment also... at most frnship SouR... :deal:

it looked unique :good: .. guess you not going to have a feature wall there.. any tv console in living room or off the rack?

I'm signing my lease today!:dancingqueen:.. but may not be starting my reno so soon.. Do I have to pay the conservancy fees (CF) once I get my lease signed or when I get my keys..?? Why CF for EA is so ex.. 77 dol per month :jawdrop: ...

Anything I should look out for when I sign my lease and/or collect my keys and/or visit my home?

it looked unique :sport-smiley-004: .. guess you not going to have a feature wall there.. any tv console in living room or off the rack?

I'm signing my lease today!:yamseng:.. but may not be starting my reno so soon.. Do I have to pay the conservancy fees (CF) once I get my lease signed or when I get my keys..?? Why CF for EA is so ex.. 77 dol per month :idea: ...

Anything I should look out for when I sign my lease and/or collect my keys and/or visit my home?

hmm will be having tv console by ID... eh we paid when we collected keys... so i guess same for you? heh.. well jus check everything in ur home... all the keys, doors, locks, windows... can open/close properly... switch on ur water and see can flush toilet bowl properly or not... any leaking... also ur taps... on n check ur sinks... if you gonna keep tiles frm HDB and if you really want to, cn check the tiles lor... but we didnt.. heh... also check ur HHS door... main gate too... have fun!:wacko:!!

just posted some pics of 3D drawing on my t-blog. comments & suggestions are welcome! thx :sport-smiley-004:

heyo lurve the mbr & wiw !