Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
white_affair

~wei & Jay's Love Pad~

Hihi Whiteaffair!

Just curious.....whats e specs of ur TV (contrast ratio) n how much did u get it for? Its a plasma?

Dynamic contrast is only 5000:1 and bought it for 1900+ ... Its a LCD tv..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello! starting yr reno tmr rite! congrats ya. exciting times coming right up. :lol: i don't understand how come the previous owner like to paint all the pipes brown, kinda awful le. usually ppl paint to blend in with the wall colour ma. hee..

hello! starting yr reno tmr rite! congrats ya. exciting times coming right up. :) i don't understand how come the previous owner like to paint all the pipes brown, kinda awful le. usually ppl paint to blend in with the wall colour ma. hee..

Yar, super super excited!! So sad that I can't take leave to go see anything!!

I tink the painting was done by HDB.... they hav horrible (x100) taste! so disgusting colour for sewage pipe.. Haiz, but nevermind, will paint over it and although its got so many pimples.. have to live with it.. cos changing the pipe would cost a bomb.. :P

I got some doubts about my WIW.... Wonder if anyone can help...

My ID is giving me polykem wardrobe.. its an open concept kind... so the backing is off-white colour and the shelves are black... I keep thinking that the material looks quite cheap.. gives me a feeling its PVC although when comparing the 2, polykem looks slightly better.. But the colours are so limited..

Any idea if change to laminated shelves, will it cost alot more? Anyone feel the colours dun suit a lush concept? 8|

Edited by white_affair

Need some help again!! I just got my electrical quote and its about $2300 :D

Can some seniors help and see if the price is reasonable?? :D I will basically be doing simple lighting points but whole unit re-wiring, no false ceiling..

1) Install new light point - $28

2) Install new 2 way switch ctrl - $50

3) Install dimmer switch ctrl - $30

4) Install new single 13A socket - $45

5) Install new double 13A socket - $58

6) Install new SCV point - $95

7) Install new telephone pt - $40

8) Install new heater point - $85

9) Install new 15A air-con pt - $85

10) Sub main cable(to DB box) - $80

11) Install new DB box c/w ELCB & MCB - $290

12) Earth Bonding - $80

13) Instal normal lighting - $8

14) Install pendant lighting (chandelier) - $45

15) Conceal light point - $55

16) Install new conceal singale 13A socket - $70

17) Install new conceal heater point for cooker - $150

FOC

1) Install new speaker pt c/w cable

2) 3 core cable to hob/hood/heater

3) Water proof cover ??

Hello white affair,

I have just completed my reno for kitchen & 2 toilets ( resale 3NG at AMK 611). It's a simplistic reno under very tight budget ( <8k) , given that the condition of the flat was very original, with existing 30 year old mosaic tiles for flooring in kitchen and toilets.

22062007828001vy9.th.jpg

Some of the electrical wiring had to be repositioned, there were also additional lighting, power socket and SCV points/switches for the kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms. I didn't have any false ceilings or L boxes, so the job was completed in less than 2 days.

Although my reno contractor had his own electrician , this was done by an electrician I have known many years, he is doing this free lance out of his own free time and mostly during Saturdays , and if you are able to accomodate his " flexible hours" for installation, his charges will be most reasonable ( however please do not expect drastically cheap prices as material costs have gone up a fair bit during the last 6 months).

If you are keen to get a quotation from him to compare with what you have on hand, please PM.

Hello white affair,

I have just completed my reno for kitchen & 2 toilets ( resale 3NG at AMK 611). It's a simplistic reno under very tight budget ( <8k) , given that the condition of the flat was very original, with existing 30 year old mosaic tiles for flooring in kitchen and toilets.

22062007828001vy9.th.jpg

Some of the electrical wiring had to be repositioned, there were also additional lighting, power socket and SCV points/switches for the kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms. I didn't have any false ceilings or L boxes, so the job was completed in less than 2 days.

Although my reno contractor had his own electrician , this was done by an electrician I have known many years, he is doing this free lance out of his own free time and mostly during Saturdays , and if you are able to accomodate his " flexible hours" for installation, his charges will be most reasonable ( however please do not expect drastically cheap prices as material costs have gone up a fair bit during the last 6 months).

If you are keen to get a quotation from him to compare with what you have on hand, please PM.

Hi Espresso, appreciate your help.. Actually I don't have time to look for another electrician. This is ur ID's electrician. Just need to find out if the price he is quoting us is at least reasonable and not off the charts... Thanks once again!!

My 2 bangalah workers are so efficient.. In just 1 day, they have already hacked my floors, my 2 walls, my kitchen and toilets... Yesterday, the torment must have been terrible for my neighbours..

Just some pics to share of the mess... :sport-smiley-004:

My living rooms and 2 bedrooms hacked

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg

My Kitchen

IMG_8597.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg

Wonder what will be done today .. !!

My reno was completed last month ...Haven't had time to update my blog at all since my reno started... So just wana share some photos of the process...

The horrbile cement screed wall.... In the end, we just plastered instead

img8632hl1.th.jpg

My tiles

img8614pz5.th.jpg

img8622dh8.th.jpg

img8624oj6.th.jpg

img8625wo3.th.jpg