Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enci

Advise On My Quotation ...

Hi ... i got another quote from another ID firm, can u check for me what is being over charged ? I feel that its very high, esp when I did not hack my exisiting marble flooring and not really much carpentary jobs done .. pls advice me ... thanks ...

I also feel that they never give me freebies such as aircon, tv, sink, hob, etc etc ???? But he says that everything is negotiable, he says the the everything about be ard 27K not 32K as quoted which i feel is also quite steep for not really much work done... no new floor n no laminates for all my rooms

Enci

HAULAGE SERVICES

to hack FLOOR TILES at kitchen -$400

to hack MBR n Common Bathroom FLOOR TILES -$200

to hack WALL TILES at kitchen - $480

to hack WALL TILES @ MBR n Common Bathroom -$400

to demolish exisiting internal hollow block wall btw kitchen to hall - $80

to hack concrete support at exsiting Kitchen - $120

to hack exsisting vanity @ MBR n Common toilet - $80

to dismantle exisiting sanitary wares at MBR n Common Bathroom - $80

to dismantle exisiting kitchen cabinets - $200

clear of debris - FOC

load n unload of materials - FOC

CONSTRUCTION WORKS

to MAKE GOOD with chemical cement plastering for wall and ceiling that are affected by demolition works btw Hall and Kitchen - $220

to polish existing broken marble floor - $900

to apply waterproofing membrane for kitchen n service balcony - $240

to supply n lay homogenous art floor tiles for kitchen n service Balcony - $1400

to construct 2" height fridge and wasking mahine cement base with matching floor tiles - $160

to construct 2" height cabinet cement base with matching floor tile $200

to supply & lay selected homogenous art partial wall tiles at Kitchen - $1600

~(Common Bathroom)

to apply waterproofing membrane for bathroom before laying tiles - $80

to supply & lay selected homogenous art tiles at bathroom - $400

to construct floor height difference as shower kerb - $100

to supply and lay selected homogeneous art wall tiles - $1700

~(MBR Bathroom)

to apply waterproofing membrane for bathroom before laying tiles - $80

to supply & lay selected homogenous art tiles at bathroom - $400

to construct floor height difference as shower kerb - $100

to supply and lay selected homogeneous art wall tiles - $1800

PLUMBING WORKS

to supply n change stainless steel pipe for kitchen - $180

to supply n change stainless steel piple for both bathrooms -$400

to supply n install 2 hot points for showers -$250

labour to install 1 tank storage heater -$100

labour to install 2 shower head/mixer -FOC

labour to install 2 Basins $120

labour to install 2 mixers/taps for basins - FOC

labour to install 2 pedestal toilet bowls $300

labour to install 2 sets of toilet accesories - FOC

Labour to install Sink n mixer tap - $60

to supply n install 1 PVC sewage outlet pipes for kitchen -$80

to supply n install 1 PVC sewage outlet pipes for both bathrooms -$160

to supply n install outlet pipe for sink and washing machine - FOC

to supply n install outlet pipe for basin and shower for both bathrooms - FOC

PLASTERING WORKS

to supply and install false ceiling, cove light holder and Lbox **** n dining -$1500

to supply and install false ceiling, cove light holder and Lbox with 1 set of curtain pelmet at bedroom2 -$300

to dimantle exsiting cornices **** n dinning room - FOC

GLASS WORKS

to supply and install 1 custom made 10mm thick frameless tempered glass fitted shower screen panel and casement door with fittings and stainless steel handle at MBR - $640

to supply and install 2 custom made 10 mm thick tempered glass fitted panel at entrance of kitchen - $790

PAINTING WORKS

to supply and paint ceiling at wet area with sealant paint - $180

to supply and paint whole house wall and ceiling with emulsion paint (ICI or Nippon) -$1700

MISCELLANEOUS

to supply corrugated / plastic sheet for floor protection - $180

labour to lay corrugated plastic sheet FOC

to supply n do general cleaning for whole house $220

to provide application of permit from relevant authority - FOC

CARPENTARY WORKS

1 Buddha Altar boxup feature storage divider (L900/700 X D400 x HT850/1600mm) -$1200

1 Hung TV Cabinet (L 3600xD600xHt400mm) $1300

1 feature wall with mirror **** (L4200xD150x2400mm) - $2100

KITCHEN

top cabinet (L2400mm) -$960

bottom cabinet (L4800) -$1920

1 stainless steel rack - FOC

1 cutlery tray - FOC

to install cooker hob - $30

to install cooker hood - $30

Cresto solid surface solid top (L4800mm) - $1280

to open hole for top mount sink - FOC

1 set of sliding door for heavy duty rack $900

MBR

1 wardrobe (L2700 x D600 x ht2400mm) - $2160

1 TV Cabinet $480

TOTAL: $30,940

5% GST $1547.00

GRAND TOTAL: $32,487

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yeah ,,,

i think terribly steep .. plus electrical works ... buy furnishing .. buy sink hob toilet powl basin etc etc etc ... dunnoe gonna cost how much liao :)!!

forever nevr give me any freebies ... =( no free aircon , no free tv...

anyone help me :horse:!! got cheap toilet contractors ???

Edited by enci

enci, nothing is free. when you get things for free meaning the quality of the material and the renovation will drop.

for the above quote is a bit on high side. but you got see their ongoing renovation area? try to go and see. take a look on their workmanship and their designs.

It never state the materials used, so you never know if they are offering you better quality. Also, we dun know the area of the unit. A lot depend on the size. And now with everything going up (sand, GST, etc).

Looks extremely pricey in my opinion...

Abit high imo.

Nothing is free in this world, "free" stuff already added in cost. Certain things like labour for this and that, hackhing, etc i find its better to sum up all and compare, rather than comparing individual items.

See if they can absorb the GST. My ID does not have GST.

thanks everyone ..

i wonder if it is possinle that i get a contractor to do my toilet while the rest leave it to my ID ? afterall, toilet dun need too much design .. just see someting i like then show the contractr can liao...

well, it will be good to just get one person to do all the things. as the price will be cheaper rather then you get one to do this and the other one to do that.

another thing is when things happen they will push the blame to other person. Then u will have the most headache.

If you want to have more ideas u can get some designer books, seach from websites and show rooms. Then try on what theme u want for your house. Then at least u will have some pictures in mind that what you want and where you want to place on the exact loaction.

if you are in fengshui then you will need to seek advise from master then. :notti:

thanks everyone ..

i wonder if it is possinle that i get a contractor to do my toilet while the rest leave it to my ID ? afterall, toilet dun need too much design .. just see someting i like then show the contractr can liao...

i think u should drop ur id. and find another one.

but thats my opinion.. lol...

i'll say again.. quote looks pricey

haha ... my ID says can negotiate the prices wor .... he say he come down to my house tomorrow then discuss and i am so shy to slash the price .. cos they also need to earn money :good:! =(

I tot get contractor do toilet will be cheaper mah ... desinger toilets so so so so ex ...

devil ... haha .. i not a believer of fengshui thus no restrictions and i always tell my ID "Pls design the most daring designs u can give ... dun need to tink about fengshui or customs"

!! enci.

nothing is to be shy about. It will be good to go to their ongoing site to see their workmanship. They can slash the price to ur standard but the workmanship is not. Does it really good for you?

All ID can negotiate price but the material wise and the workmanship will be slash also. Meaning from an experience worker to a newbie worker. That will be a great different.

since you are not into fengshui then at least you can do what you want for ur dreamhome. :dunno:

yr quote looks funnie oso....

"Open top for solid surface to mount sink -FOC"

looks like added in to tell u give more freebies me

u wanna noe where to slash yr quote is to get the quotes compare than ask them for the lower price of each item and see if they can match lor, but oso dun too hiong lor cos normally when quoting the ID will quote some higher quote some lower, but watch out for masks like the open top thing lor, it's one item that i seldom see in all the quotations here so far.

enci, at first glance.

Plumbing price seems quite inflated, they seem to charge an amount for every single thing. I kind of remember mine was flat rate.

$300nett to install 2x basin, 2x taps, 2x heater, 2x toilet bowl, 2x accessories.