Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanjiro

Reusing existing fibre optic terminal point in resale flats

Hi Everyone,

May I seek your recommendation on terminal point of the fibre optic point in a resale flat. Would you reuse it or get the electrician to reinstall a new one? I'm rewiring the switches and power sockets but the existing terminal point location is quite ok. Wondering any disadvantage in keeping the existing one 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you can't simply rewire it as the NTP doesn't not belong to you. it belongs to NLT. if you damage it, you will need to pay NLT $165.50 to replace the point. Just leave it as it is unless you want it to be in another location then you would need to contact NLT to shift it for you.

Thanks Snoozee for the clarification. 

I was under the impression the electrician ID appointed was going to shift my terminal point because I was asked where I wanna place my router and he said I can place it anywhere I like such as near where I most likely will use internet such as TV or study area.

Then when the quotation come there is an item "O.P" for $250. I asked ID what is that and he say Optical Fibre Point so I assume that's for the terminal point since i indicated my router at a different location from the terminal point.

So I guess I need to clarify with ID again what exactly is this O.P. and if i find the way the current trunking for the terminal point is unsightly then I should be asking NLT to relocate it instead.