Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DWG

Wrought Iron Bed Frame

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can try those wrought iron gate/grill/railing factory (don't find shop, they also get from factory, but charge you extra for service). You give them the picture and ask them to quote, see if the price is reasonable. Got money to earn they sure will do for you.... he he. Newspaper classified should have some of this factories....

DWG your theme is victorian / country / french type?

We are also looking for similar bed frame but not really wrought iron lah, good quality metal / alloy is fine with us, the painting part is the most important one.....

Laura Ashley has 1 cost $1500, Harvey Norman has another simpler one cost $899, we are still looking for others......very hard to get as there is very tiny market for this kind of bed.....and mostly Malays would buy.

This is a sleigh bed. As the name suggests, it is based on a sleigh. Thus it is a very classic western style of furniture. A true sleigh bed would be made of maple, ash or mahogany, which are woods found in North America. Definitely hard to find in Singapore, as there is no tradition of sleighing here.

I don't know if Malays will go for it, but it is certainly more of an expat style.

I will be importing one in the next few months, it will be custom made from mahogany. A wrought iron one would be hard to find in Singapore, as there's little market, unless it is custom-made.

there is one shop in Joochiat complex 2nd or 3rd floor dealing in such metal bed frames.

all imported from france and italy....cheapest we saw is at least $2k.

cheapest $2K??:D!! OmG, even more expensive than LauraAshley.....

the shop maybe located at a cheapo complex but his stuffs all french/italian imports....PURE BRASS or PURE copper and all very very victorian and angmoh designs.

thanks for the info, will drop by and take a look. worst case copy the design and ask somebody to customade lor heheh

I think french is the one closer to Victorian design, Italian maybe not lah.

Edited by tingshen

I can't remember where I have seen these, but I have seen them before. However, I don't know if they are genuine wrought iron bed frames, or just normal ones with just the wrought iron headboards.

can't be just headboard only, coz usually the "tail" side will also have the metal part, in fact, the whole bed is metal frame...

can't be just headboard only, coz usually the "tail" side will also have the metal part, in fact, the whole bed is metal frame...

Yeah. I wanted to say headboard and the 'end-board', but don't know the right term for the 'end' board. Still, the body frame could be made of wood,with only the metal headboard and 'end-board'.