Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanessa

Gas Tank Next To Oven

Small worry....need an opinion.

My new home will run on tank gas. Unfortunately the developer has allotted the space next to the oven for the tank.

Isn't this dangerous? Will the tank explode if i use the oven?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Small worry....need an opinion.

My new home will run on tank gas. Unfortunately the developer has allotted the space next to the oven for the tank.

Isn't this dangerous? Will the tank explode if i use the oven?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

In my opinion should be safe. Last time there is a popular 2 in 1 stove and oven, the gas tank can be put inside just beside the stove. Never heard of explosion incident b4

In my opinion should be safe. Last time there is a popular 2 in 1 stove and oven, the gas tank can be put inside just beside the stove. Never heard of explosion incident b4

It's actually a genuine concern and should not be taken lightly. Make sure that there is a partition (can be a simply plywood even) separating the oven and the gas tank. The worry is that if there should be a gas leak (never say never) e.g. from an aging nozzle, you don't want any sparks/flame/heated grill to set it off. I am not kidding here. Every time I plan my kitchen cabinets, I always make sure gas + electric socket & gas + oven are both separated.

In my mum's kitchen, her gas tank is right beside her oven... but of cos there is a partition... Over 17 years already and no problems at all... But of cos agree, have to be careful lor..

Thank you for the reassurance.... that is good to hear... i do use the oven a fair bit, so i am concerned

It's actually a genuine concern and should not be taken lightly. Make sure that there is a partition (can be a simply plywood even) separating the oven and the gas tank. The worry is that if there should be a gas leak (never say never) e.g. from an aging nozzle, you don't want any sparks/flame/heated grill to set it off. I am not kidding here. Every time I plan my kitchen cabinets, I always make sure gas + electric socket & gas + oven are both separated.

Yes there will be wood seperating the oven and where the gas tank will be. I wouldn't have planned it as such....where the gas tank is next to the oven but the condo is a new one, and it would have been such a waste to tear up the cabinets, seeing they are brand new.

In my mum's kitchen, her gas tank is right beside her oven... but of cos there is a partition... Over 17 years already and no problems at all... But of cos agree, have to be careful lor..

Oh coolest!! That is a relief!! I will try and be careful....will ask the gas delivery guy to check that the pipe and everything is in working order. :bangwall:

Another thing is to ensure that that gas pipes and the knob to the gas tank are in good status. :(

any tips on what i should be looking out for?

Is not so much about having a partition between the tank and the oven. Those combo hob/oven/tank gas cabinets are still sold in stores today, and the partition is just a sheetmetal.

What is most important for oven is the vents to release hot air. Usually, for built in ovens, the vents are towards the front, so any heat buildup is released to the front rather than allowed to radiate to other sides. As long as the heat is allowed to vent out, then there is nothing to worry about.

As for the gas hose and regulator, can just check got the safety mark.

http://www.safety.org.sg/

Is not so much about having a partition between the tank and the oven. Those combo hob/oven/tank gas cabinets are still sold in stores today, and the partition is just a sheetmetal.

What is most important for oven is the vents to release hot air. Usually, for built in ovens, the vents are towards the front, so any heat buildup is released to the front rather than allowed to radiate to other sides. As long as the heat is allowed to vent out, then there is nothing to worry about.

yup, I think that is the answer.

As long as u keep the gas tank area cool will be fine.

Moreover, all built in oven must have the feature to release hot air to the front and not towards side or back .. tat is why it can be built in mah :notti:

Thanks for the link! Will go read.

As for the vents, that is something i better just check that they have done. Just in case. I love cooking, and I use the oven a fair bit. The last thing i want is for a huge explosion to happen. 8|

yup, I think that is the answer.

As long as u keep the gas tank area cool will be fine.

Moreover, all built in oven must have the feature to release hot air to the front and not towards side or back .. tat is why it can be built in mah :notti:

Maybe just to play safe, when i am using the oven, i will keep the door housing the gas tank open. Safer?