Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
overlay is to lay another layer of new tiles on top of the existing ones w/o any hacking.. so u can hv ur choice of tiles while not against any HDB rules loh..

OIC... thanks :D

I am curious too.. whats the metal bar in the kitchen for? Any idea?

tempkitchennd1.jpg

Looks like cloth hangar/bar.

This would have to go if maximizing the space for kitchen cabinet

redbottle, share yr ID hunting experiences here too :sport-smiley-004:

hi onepostwonder!

i posted a blog on my ID hunt at the beginning of this month... membina.blogspot.com

last saturday, i went for a reno tour conducted by HBay and ID Emboss... visited a new Seng Kang flat and a Changi 3-storey terrance corner... quite an informative tour... learnt abt the various materials used and the approx price... at the end of the tour, i also discuss my reno plan with an ID from ID Emboss...his name is called Y.Y.... funny name, haha... he's quite friendly lah, so far first impression still ok... he said he'll give me a quotation by wednesday... :D

redbottle, is $10k really possible? :dunno:

this 10K is only for basic reno:

flooring (mainly laminates except homo tiles for foyer and HHS)

L-box

kitchen cabinets

sliding door at kitchen entrance

aluminum grilles

wardrobe for MBR

painting works

electrical works

plumbing works

most IDs i met said 10 to 12K is a realistic figure...

I always tell IDs my budget is "as close to 10K as possible"... i dun want to give them a max budget cos i think they'll tend to "max out" the quotation until it hits ur max budget... so i prefer to tell ID a realistic lowest budget and let them work out the reno plan... :sport-smiley-004:

the remaining reno stuffs like furniture and electrical appliances, i got a separate budget for them... think it's easier for me to manage this way... :D

Edited by redbottle

this 10K is only for basic reno:

flooring (mainly laminates except homo tiles for foyer and HHS)

L-box

kitchen cabinets

sliding door at kitchen entrance

aluminum grilles

wardrobe for MBR

painting works

electrical works

plumbing works

most IDs i met said 10 to 12K is a realistic figure...

I always tell IDs my budget is "as close to 10K as possible"... i dun want to give them a max budget cos i think they'll tend to "max out" the quotation until it hits ur max budget... so i prefer to tell ID a realistic lowest budget and let them work out the reno plan... :sport-smiley-004:

the remaining reno stuffs like furniture and electrical appliances, i got a separate budget for them... think it's easier for me to manage this way... :D

Hi, I intend to do the following u listed... add on the following,

raised platform with storage shelves at the sides

dining bench

open concept wardrobe with partition for MBR

platform beds for all rooms

May I know what do u mean by laminate flooring? got a photo to see?

tempkitchennd1.jpg

Looks like cloth hangar/bar.

This would have to go if maximizing the space for kitchen cabinet

judging by the shadows, doesn't make sense to hang clothes there unless it is extendable... i believe we got sheltered clothes hanging bars outside the kitchen

option for doors only.. not the tiles.. tiles cannot opt out nor hack in the 1st 3 yrs... applied to all of us..

u can read the specs that i scanned n posted here:

specsui3.th.gif

xlan,

"option for doors only" here means? can choose?

Hi all

who else will be signing the Agreement? Im on 28 July this month.

common toilet

2679379160083214719S425x425Q85.jpg

frankly speaking.. thou it is slighly better than some other HDB units.. some as ugly as green+peach combi or even more obiang flowery peach tiles majiam living in the 60s.. BUT.. y always hv to insist on using tis peach color in the common toilet leh??? sigh.. if both toilets can use the same color as the MBR toilet.. how nice leh.. :furious:

mbr toilet

2217575170083214719S425x425Q85.jpg

at least the MBR toilet is mainly white.. with more universal colors combi (tones of blue).. so much more acceptable to the majority.. y can't HDB jus keep tis consistant? :D

oh ya hor.. r they concealing the water pipe for us? see the box up in the upper right hand corner? tis is nice.. save money.. no need to ask ID do for me le..

kitchen

2489432910083214719S425x425Q85.jpg

y HDB put tat metal rod there? i guess is for hanging clothes la.. but now even more difficult to hide the laundries leh.. such an eyesore now.. :P:wub::D

n y peach AGAIN?!?!?! y can't jus all white tiles?!?!?!?!?! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

living room

2216446010083214719S425x425Q85.jpg

mm.. living room.. they hvn't put up the grills at the lower part of the windows yet.. i WISH they jus keep it w/o the grills.. it looks so much better w/o the grills now.. :unsure:

but the size to me is consider big liao.. hehee.. frm a 29sqm moving into a 85sqm.. the living room is already almost my current floor area liao.. hahaha.. :yamseng:

n a v BIG THANKS to jasch for sharing the pics with us.. may i know how much did u paid for that?

judging by the shadows, doesn't make sense to hang clothes there unless it is extendable... i believe we got sheltered clothes hanging bars outside the kitchen

yey u are rite one post wonder

I will post a few more pics showing the passage way to bedrm, the tv pt in living rm and the clothes hanging bars outside the kitchen

xlan,

"option for doors only" here means? can choose?

mm... nemofc... if during the time u did ur selection of flat.. they didn't offer this option to u... i think it is no choice already... because during the time we selected our flat.. the site hvn't build up yet.. so we get to choose if we wants the doors or not.. so they dun need to order as much n install.. they can skip installing the doors for those units opted out during the selection exercise..

but weird enough.. they let us choose to have doors or not.. but no option for the tiles... n now they force us to accept that yucky peach color tiles in kitchen n toilet... it gonna spoil my kitchen design a big time... :D

yey u are rite one post wonder

I will post a few more pics showing the passage way to bedrm, the tv pt in living rm and the clothes hanging bars outside the kitchen

placetohangclothesatkitdj3.th.jpg

passagewaytobedrmke3.th.jpg

tvptinlivingrmxt3.th.jpg

jasch , look up from yr kitchen and u can see my unit :D

either I change the design of my living room or I move the cable points... ARGH

Edited by OnePostWonder

mm... nemofc... if during the time u did ur selection of flat.. they didn't offer this option to u... i think it is no choice already... because during the time we selected our flat.. the site hvn't build up yet.. so we get to choose if we wants the doors or not.. so they dun need to order as much n install.. they can skip installing the doors for those units opted out during the selection exercise..

but weird enough.. they let us choose to have doors or not.. but no option for the tiles... n now they force us to accept that yucky peach color tiles in kitchen n toilet... it gonna spoil my kitchen design a big time... :P

xlan, during our time of selection, officer didn't mention anything.

not nice, peach color tiles kitchen n toilet... and worse, can't hack ... what to do?? :D

jasch , look up from yr kitchen and u can see my unit :wub:

either I change the design of my living room or I move the cable points... ARGH

can move the cable point again?