Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I still have not source for lights.

Have not get my keys yet.

I just took down the name in my notebook.

There are so many things I have not buy: Sink, stove, hob, lights, ceiling fans, air con.

Aiyo....headache lah.

the order of things i've gotten so far:

1. toilet accessories (contractor kept telling to get from his friend)

2. wm and fridge

3. hob and hood

4. lights

now, the focus is on book shelves and study table.

Next:

1. curtain

2. bed and things like dressing table

3. sofa and cabinets for living room

i have no idea how to fit this into my remaining budget of $5000.

:-(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
With regards to the curtain,.. anyone decided to install grilles?.

How will grilles affect the design and installation of curtains?.

If we have grilles, the curtains will be installed on the wall or on the grilles?.

sigh.... headache.. headache..

Hi,

I will be installing grilles.. havent think bout the curtains yet.. so still unsure :yamseng:

Have to go think bout it again.. and yup headache too :P

think of it, if use 2 rods in the living room, your rod need to mount one 1up 1 lower..cant mount on the same level

i guess really have to custom made our mbr and living room leh..

i have window grilles, cant use the idea of drilling hole in the window area :P

I was thinking custom made, but may need to mount on the grilles, will check with my contractor if he can put a thick bar on the top of the 'skeleton' or frame, so the curtain can be drilled into top bar grilles. dunno whether you understand or not :yamseng:. haha.. am bad in explaining.

with the above method, the advantages is the curtain will roll smoother in front of the grilles (compared mount on the wall, you have to pull your curtain a bit inward for the rollers to roll smoother). mounting on the grilles will have you less space :P, but 'may' looks nicer and natural hanging.

anyone have any grilles + curtain installed on their existing house?. mind to snap few pictures for us to see?.

the order of things i've gotten so far:

1. toilet accessories (contractor kept telling to get from his friend)

2. wm and fridge

3. hob and hood

4. lights

now, the focus is on book shelves and study table.

Next:

1. curtain

2. bed and things like dressing table

3. sofa and cabinets for living room

i have no idea how to fit this into my remaining budget of $5000.

:-(

Err,.. why not try to stretch for electrical appliances by using 0% installment credit card :notti: - but compare the price first, if they charge you higher due to 0% installment, then not so worth it.

I found that Harvey Norman @ millenia walk is quite a good bargain, they dare to match the price offered by others (if the price covers their bottom line).

All furnitures can be pushed at a later date... can slowly shop, unless you get the whole set one or have a theme one... :)

Hi all,

Just to check anybody getting system 4 non inverter here? we are looking at air con now.. but one of the sales person say system 4 non inverter not strong enough..somemore limited brand.. even inverter we have limited choice cos of our window access to the air con legde.. is that true?...so headache.. :yamseng:

Hi Jasch,

i'm not sure about inverter and non inverter system, but it is true that limited brand can fit out window, suggest u go hunting for aircon with the window measurement on hand.

I had a hard time with Gain City when i had my inverter Sys 4 installed. They said its the 1st time they had problem with window :P

totally love this from Scanteak..

anyone considering teak furniture?

http://www.scanteak.com.sg/products/main_100_140.png

If u like weave type (like your attached pix), you can try Rattan Pacific at IMM. Prices are 'neg' :P

Personally find scanteak prices on the high side.

I found that Harvey Norman @ millenia walk is quite a good bargain, they dare to match the price offered by others (if the price covers their bottom line).

All furnitures can be pushed at a later date... can slowly shop, unless you get the whole set one or have a theme one... :dunno:

like NM at millenia walk too, find their prices comparable and service is good. Best is their 5 year extended warranty :dunno:

Hi Jasch,

i'm not sure about inverter and non inverter system, but it is true that limited brand can fit out window, suggest u go hunting for aircon with the window measurement on hand.

I had a hard time with Gain City when i had my inverter Sys 4 installed. They said its the 1st time they had problem with window :bath:

So your are not the only one having the problems aye? :P

Well I asked the aircon guy to come over to my place to "view" then measure here and there, measure the window, he shook his head. Then he gave me 2 choices!!

As I told him I want all the rooms and living room to be fitted with aircon, he suggested me to get either 3+1 split unit non-inverter (2 compressors) @ $3988 or system 4 invertor (1 compressor) $4k..

In the end we went with the system4 invertor as the price difference aint that much..

:P:dunno::dunno:

So your are not the only one having the problems aye? :bath:

Well I asked the aircon guy to come over to my place to "view" then measure here and there, measure the window, he shook his head. Then he gave me 2 choices!!

As I told him I want all the rooms and living room to be fitted with aircon, he suggested me to get either 3+1 split unit non-inverter (2 compressors) @ $3988 or system 4 invertor (1 compressor) $4k..

In the end we went with the system4 invertor as the price difference aint that much..

:P:dunno::dunno:

does this mean that sys3 compressor can fit into the window? I measured, max height is 70-71cm.

Hi kriegs,

You can go to coolserve.com.sg

Browse the brands on the left pane,

they have a very good :P detailed aircon catalog showing the size of the compressors.

does this mean that sys3 compressor can fit into the window? I measured, max height is 70-71cm.

I think certain brand's compressor can't go in (am not sure about sys3 or sys 4 inverter/non-inverter). From what I remember, Toshiba compressor can't go in, one forummer (can't remember who) have to cut the aircon window and retrofit it back by around $200.

But again, the price of the whole bargain is still cheaper (by around $500-600 if not mistaken) than mitsubishi electric (the brand which can go through the window). For non-brand conscious fellow can do so..! :P

Wow seem like almost all will be installing whole unit air con.

Please bear in mind that the electricity bills will be expensive.

I read somewhere (i think tanglin halt) that one actually rec' pub bills of $200 + for the 2nd and 3rd month of staying in the new house.

So, use it wisely.

Hi kriegs,

You can go to coolserve.com.sg

Browse the brands on the left pane,

they have a very good :thumbs up: detailed aircon catalog showing the size of the compressors.

Thanks for the link. Decided to get contractor to change the window to full panel type, do not have to be restricted to 'some1' else bad design.

I read somewhere (i think tanglin halt) that one actually rec' pub bills of $200 + for the 2nd and 3rd month of staying in the new house.

So, use it wisely.

That is true.

For comparsion, can refer to NEA's website http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

Thanks for the link. Decided to get contractor to change the window to full panel type, do not have to be restricted to 'some1' else bad design.

That is true.

For comparsion, can refer to NEA's website http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

Wow i'm sure it'll turn out nicely. For a full panel window. Looking forward to your pix.

So, use it wisely.

Understood. Thanks for the heads-up.

For now, it'll be just me and the wife. Standing fans is good enuff during a cool nite. The air-cons will come into play when there are visitors usually.

Wow i'm sure it'll turn out nicely. For a full panel window. Looking forward to your pix.

Understood. Thanks for the heads-up.

For now, it'll be just me and the wife. Standing fans is good enuff during a cool nite. The air-cons will come into play when there are visitors usually.

Hi,

Me too.. the aircons are for the visitors.. so may not use it often thus the bills hopefully wont be so high keke.. now only need for them to check to see the unit :thumbs up:

So your are not the only one having the problems aye? :)

:thumbs up::P:)

ermmm... Sys 4 $4k? u mean with the extended warranty in huh? i m no technical person so i dunno if theres any difference (sub-category) within Mit Elec Starmex. I got mine from Gain city, 1 compressor, invertor, + extended warranty then comes to $4k.. just to share. anyway, think the price should b pretty standard regardless of where u buy from, rite?!