Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi simpleboi, you can have wall mirror in the living room,,, will help to make the living room looks bigger. I will be engaging Impress21 to renovate my house. Reasonable price and good workmanship!:notti: Alot of good feedbacks from the Singaporebride forum :bleah:

Hi Peng Ling,

Do u mind pm-ing me the quotation u got from Impress 21? :ph34r:

we can only place our shoe cabinet facing the the main door, which is bad qi or fengsui

anyone got better idea where to place the shoe cabinet

i'm having this problem too. maybe thinking of putting it at the side... but dining table is there.. problem..

anyone with better suggestion?

we can only place our shoe cabinet facing the the main door, which is bad qi or fengsui

anyone got better idea where to place the shoe cabinet

Hi, I was told the same thing, but can be reduced by changing to a display cabinet above and shoe cabinet below.. Therefore at first glance, nobody will know its a shoe cabinet below the display cabinet.

Also, does any 4-roomers here thinking of hacking away the small bedroom to make the living area bigger??? We are now toying with this idea.. :bleah:

mm.. did u gals jus read frm the shoe cabinet thread? i jus did.. n same here loh.. where got place for shoes leh..

applefreak suggested in that thread to put beside the door.. i tot is quite cramp.. s i visualise it tis way:

shoecabinetui2.gif

but i hvn't ask Lance yet.. will see if he can accomodate it loh.. but then will b like slapping my own mouth.. cos i told him 我们没有看风水的.. :bleah: hahaha..

i have collected my keys! :notti::notti::notti:

first thing to do is to check for defects cos have only 7 days to report the defects and HDB will rectify them FOC; beyond this period, no more FOC, gotta engage own contractor to rectify them.

so far spotted these defects in my unit...

1. hollow wall tiles... when knocked with a metallic object e.g. coin, such tile gives a hollow sound... over time, a hollow tile may come loose and "pop out". About 10 wall tiles spotted as hollow. Floor tiles no problem, all are well-tiled.

hollow%20wall%20tile.jpg

2. Main door's side panel is chipped at the edge.

chipped%20main%20door.jpg

3. Cracked wall near the magnetic door holder.

cracked%20wall%20near%20door%20stopper.jpg

4. The window handle "stopper" (not sure what is it called) is held by only a single rivet, and could be dislodged quite easily.

loose%20window%20handle%20stopper.jpg

5. Not only being easily dislodged, the "stopper" is made of plastic and could crack quite easily too.

cracked%20window%20handle%20stopper.jpg

6. In the Gas and Water service cabinet outside the flat, the lock is jammed when fully retracted.

lock%20jammed.jpg

Not sure if HDB will recognize some of these "defects" as "defects" or not. But i think, just report lah, let HDB decide whether to rectify or not...

wa.. congrats redbottle (for ur keys.. of cos not the defects.. haha)

mm.. did HDB say how long u hv to shift over n return ur old flat?

wa.. congrats redbottle (for ur keys.. of cos not the defects.. haha)

mm.. did HDB say how long u hv to shift over n return ur old flat?

thanz!

4 months to shift... gotta make appointment with the CLR (collector of land revenue) about 2 weeks before

moving to handover the old flat...

Hi, I was told the same thing, but can be reduced by changing to a display cabinet above and shoe cabinet below.. Therefore at first glance, nobody will know its a shoe cabinet below the display cabinet.

Hi All,

A tip on Fengshui. the shoes cabinet should never be higher than yourself.

REMEMBER IT IS IMPORTANT :notti:

I didn't manage to go into yr unit to see b'cos he locked himself inside... :notti:

Is ok la... kekekekeke.... Juz hope tt he will not anything "silly" thing in my place.... :notti:

Hi All,

A tip on Fengshui. the shoes cabinet should never be higher than yourself.

REMEMBER IT IS IMPORTANT :notti:

i heard from one FS master, shoe cabinet must not be higher than the doorway...

perhaps different FS style got different requirements bah... :notti: