Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

sliding door at foyer side is my first choice. the ppl i've talked to all say not possible, cos either that the main door will bang into it or that there's not enuf space for the track. but if xlan's id can do it, why they can't? :dribble:

don't really want sliding door hiding behind the fridge. 1stly, don't wish to relocate the sockets. 2ndly, it will become a space to accumulate dust.

one contractor suggest doing a bi-fold door such that when the door is opened, it rests nicely on the wall. next to the opened door will be the shoe cabinet. this idea is creative but i've cannot imgaine how it will turn out to be. dunno will look nice or not.

i suggested pd door and he said the quality is bad. will pose lotsa problems in the future.

the only choice i have left is swing glass door.

xiao xiin, think i understand what the contractor means. my mum's house is also using bi fold door. quite nice. if i go to my mum's place i'll take pic and show u all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just bought my mattress yesterday, very good deal... didn't wanna post the details earlier until it was signed on the dotted line

$2550 for a Serta Missouri KING, 2 mattress protectors, 2 pillows & 2 bolsters... my colleague got a better deal with an additional bedframe & bench :dribble:

PM me if you want my salesperson's contact

Sure! No problem. I am clearing my anuual leave now or my company eat it all up.

hehe ! Pai seh. Must talk nicely to the officer and show then u care about them and then I got the key collection date within a day. Luckily, nvr ask my hb to talk to them, surely get the keys in 2008.

How much did u pay for it ? We bought a Slumberland king size classic bed at $1300 without making any research ? Do u think it is expensive ?

Hi Cindy,

We got the Slumberland Royal Princess King Size at $2998, come with free bedframe, pillows, bolster and 1 set of king size bedsheet.

dorcas, bring ur ID to select for you.. cos frm my very pleasent experience with my ID, i brought him to do our final selection.. he helped us with the measurements, colors, fabrics, even cushion combinations, everything! really really helpful with ID around.. that time when we selected our L-shaped sofa n coffee table.. he did the measurements carefully to ensure can fit in n still hv enough room to walk.. :dunno:

s for the kitchen door, ours will b sliding door at the foyer side..

Hi xlan,

Ya, I'll bring my ID to select the furnitures. Afterall, that's part of their job. hee hee...

Can I know how u fix your sliding door at the foyer side? Won't it be hit by the main door when it swings open?

May I know what is a pd door?

hey neigbours.... can i ask if anyone came across this laminate floor caled premier flooring, my id said it was from germany and recommnends it over supreme. Anyone came across this brand yet?

Edited by marksng12

Saw both side painted orange colour this late afternoon.

I think the paint will be up by another 1 or 2 weeks.

After that, inspection, and get ready for the key, probably around Jan to Feb 08.

f_IMG8641m_c5a4b3b.jpg

I saw that too..but the windows at the lower stories not up yet leh. I wonder whats outstanding after the paint and the windows

I also not sure.

I think the kitchen tiles and wiring still have some outstanding.

But my guessing is once windows are installed and the paint are up and the internal are up, the inspectors will come and inspect all the units.

That will take at least 1 month plus (as blk25b has the most units).

So maybe by end of dec 07, the inspections will be complete and then hand over the keys to the hdb.

After that, hdb will give out batch by batch probably around Mid Jan to end of Feb or maybe even early mar 08.

Hi,

for anyone looking for lightings, u may go take a look at Carrefour.

There's a 20% discount going on now till wed, think..

i bought a black chandelier + downlights from a very helpful Jack :)

he offer suggestions on lighting needs based on ur floor plan...

price already incl GST + 20% discount + 5% rebate on everyday card + $10 for every $200 spent on mastercard... i think its worthwhile...

if u do pop by n saw that black chandelier hanging rite at the corner, thats the one i bought :dunno:

went to alumix factory today. got their system for abt 1.9k. i feel so xin tong. but it's a whopping 17ft L-shaped wardrobe. for 2 persons use. hubby insists on getting a longer one. he says i've too many clothes. :(

we toyed with the idea of using alumix bi-fold door for the kitchen entrance. it's definitely prettier than those toilet door look alike bi fold doors. if i din remember wrongly, glass ones cost $680. laminated ones is cheaper but they have very limited choice for laminates. so happy to see their bi-fold doors. but hubby wants to kiv first since we cannot agree on the colour. :dunno:

then after dinner, we went over to courts to see see look look. one saleman caught us and recommend this samsung 40" LCD tv LA40R71BAX. he says they are having "5 exclusive sets" promotion, selling at $1999 each. according to him, it's a 2 month old model. but after doing some research online, it seems that r81 is the latest model leh, not r71. so confusing... anyway, i already bought it. :)

Edited by xiao_xiin

Can I know how u fix your sliding door at the foyer side? Won't it be hit by the main door when it swings open?

I'm getting sliding door too. One ID said, just fix a door stopper (a round rubber thing) on the floor to stop the main door before it hits the glass door :dunno:

Quoted about $1100 for sliding door + a fixed panel. Swing door + fixed panel about $700.

Hi xlan,

Ya, I'll bring my ID to select the furnitures. Afterall, that's part of their job. hee hee...

May I know what is a pd door?

Hi Dorcas,

PD Door (http://www.pddoor.com/) is the kind where you can slide and swing (slide at the center to the side, and swing for the last panel, like a bifold door). I believe it runs on the track at the top, so there is no track on your floor.

Personally I think it will be a bit flimsy since no support from the floor track, but well, it depends (some wardrobe I've seen is quite sturdy without floor track).

Hi,

for anyone looking for lightings, u may go take a look at Carrefour.

There's a 20% discount going on now till wed, think..

i bought a black chandelier + downlights from a very helpful Jack :dunno:

he offer suggestions on lighting needs based on ur floor plan...

price already incl GST + 20% discount + 5% rebate on everyday card + $10 for every $200 spent on mastercard... i think its worthwhile...

if u do pop by n saw that black chandelier hanging rite at the corner, thats the one i bought :D

Wanna share how much you bought it?

went to alumix factory today. got their system for abt 1.9k. i feel so xin tong. but it's a whopping 17ft L-shaped wardrobe. for 2 persons use. hubby insists on getting a longer one. he says i've too many clothes. 8|

we toyed with the idea of using alumix bi-fold door for the kitchen entrance. it's definitely prettier than those toilet door look alike bi fold doors. if i din remember wrongly, glass ones cost $680. laminated ones is cheaper but they have very limited choice for laminates. so happy to see their bi-fold doors. but hubby wants to kiv first since we cannot agree on the colour. :)

then after dinner, we went over to courts to see see look look. one saleman caught us and recommend this samsung 40" LCD tv LA40R71BAX. he says they are having "5 exclusive sets" promotion, selling at $1999 each. according to him, it's a 2 month old model. but after doing some research online, it seems that r81 is the latest model leh, not r71. so confusing... anyway, i already bought it. :(

Thanks for the info, very informative! :)

btw,how did you achieved 17ft L-shaped wardrobe? :)

Do you mean 7ft in MBR or you combined MBR with another Bedroom?

I'm getting sliding door too. One ID said, just fix a door stopper (a round rubber thing) on the floor to stop the main door before it hits the glass door :dunno:

Quoted about $1100 for sliding door + a fixed panel. Swing door + fixed panel about $700.

hi moonbell, does this mean your maindoor cannot be swing open fully?

hi gadgetgal,

paiseh it's only 3.95m, abt 13ft. the alumix gal convert wrongly. :(

i use the bedroom beside masterbedroom for wardrobe. din hack any wall. it's a full L-shape from the door to the window.

Edited by xiao_xiin

HI all,

I am looking for good LCD TV(for playing game and watching movie). Anyone can recommend a good brand/model. Heard that LG brand is not good. Is it true?

:dunno:

Edited by Peng*Ling :D

HI all,

I am looking for good LCD TV(for playing game and watching movie). Anyone can recommend a good brand/model. Heard that LG brand is not good. Is it true?

:sport-smiley-018:

Peng*Ling,

I think so far, samsung one is still the best, crisp, clear and smooth.

Have you started your reno?