Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

anyway, anyone is looking into washing machine tat comes with dryer? so far, quite limited range in the market?

realise that the built in oven offered by harvey norman like Brandt, Smeg cost a big bomb ( $1k and above). !! !! . i thought all the while is like 500- 800 bucks for one...

Hi elaine,

For washing machine, i feel that its not advisable to get a washer cum dryer, cos if 1 function spoilt, u must change the whole machine.. And its not cheap also..

For built-in oven, there are $500 - $800 range one.. If the oven is without digital timer, it will be cheaper.. Digital timer is good for baking and grilling as they give u precise control over the time and temperature.. Conventional oven goes by increase of 5 mins each turn, something like that.. err, u know what i mean???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks binzz for pointing this out.

as for the built in oven, may recommendatiion on places to check it out?

Hi elaine,

For washing machine, i feel that its not advisable to get a washer cum dryer, cos if 1 function spoilt, u must change the whole machine.. And its not cheap also..

For built-in oven, there are $500 - $800 range one.. If the oven is without digital timer, it will be cheaper.. Digital timer is good for baking and grilling as they give u precise control over the time and temperature.. Conventional oven goes by increase of 5 mins each turn, something like that.. err, u know what i mean???

Thanks Mark

1 concern with citygas...it is very difficult to monitor how much gas is really needed, even to heat up water heater

but likewise, not as if i can estimate how much electricity i m using haha

either that, i m going for electrolux, using it in my house now, quite reliable brand...

i saw adverts in newspaper--ariston washing machine and dryer for 1299 or something, thought it is quite reasonable...but didnt hear alot reviews on their WM and dryer before.

Hi elaine,

Thanks for the oven info binzz... pretty useful for me at this stage.

Some with self-cleaning (pyroxxx something, which use high degree, ard 500 degree celcius to wash away the oil or mess, or burn the food residue into dust-it shocked me, sounds more like a cremation box now).

I wonder what are the functions need to take note without needing to spend so much on such a high tech stuffs.

Some ppl mentioned that for the timer (analog I suppose), you can't turn anti-clockwise, as the spring can spoil. Not sure if it is true or not (I do that often to my microwave and looks okay :dunno: )

Btw, Binzz, will it spoilt the kitchen cabinet where u put the oven. Heard frm salesman that it will spoil easily due to the heat out frm the oven. sigh.. confusing.

Any insight?

Thanks Mark

1 concern with citygas...it is very difficult to monitor how much gas is really needed, even to heat up water heater

but likewise, not as if i can estimate how much electricity i m using haha

either that, i m going for electrolux, using it in my house now, quite reliable brand...

i saw adverts in newspaper--ariston washing machine and dryer for 1299 or something, thought it is quite reasonable...but didnt hear alot reviews on their WM and dryer before.

Linggie, heard from other thread/forum, that ariston/mayer's after sales service is quite bad and charge high (even for transport for them to go your house to check min around 30-40 bucks, that fee is apart from the broken parts), and took quite long to repair.

Btw, Binzz, will it spoilt the kitchen cabinet where u put the oven. Heard frm salesman that it will spoil easily due to the heat out frm the oven. sigh.. confusing.

Any insight?

I have that concern too. was thinking of purchasing a countertop multifunction oven and placing it in a tall wall cabinet, the only thing is worried if it will spoil the cabinet

thanks binzz for pointing this out.

as for the built in oven, may recommendatiion on places to check it out?

We went to many places, can try best denki, gain city, harvey norman, courts, audio house, teka showroom, Poh Joo, Asia Excel, Hoe Kee etc to look at ovens, but found that most of the ovens displayed are not to my requirement. Then I started researching on the models and specs of the built-in ovens and finalised my selection. Finally got the Teka one due to cost and "look".. :dunno:

Although I very much prefer to get the Brandt 667 oven bcos of the functionality, but they increase their price, retail cost around $1799, after discount still $1700 :notti:

Actually, my hubby strongly discourage me from buying oven, cos he say I won't cook after awhile, no point to get so expensive one :jawdrop: .. The Teka one that I bought, he also grumble and grumble, but finally agree after I choose a much cheaper hob and hood, $600 for both as we had set a budget of $1.5k for hob, hood and oven initially.. :good:

Hi nemofc,

Hows ya trip.. Great?? Bought anything for the house??? :jawdrop:

My oven is built-in..

okay, kind of a disappointed cos didn't go Ocean park, disney land, no Shen Zhen, just purely in HK only.

Havn't buy any for the house yet... :good: must look / think thru' first

:notti: how r u nemofc? me too.. jus back frm HK (last thurs nite).. the air was very bad over there.. :dunno:

:good: now having bad cough (all thanks to Sister cos' she's sick) haha

Thanks for the oven info binzz... pretty useful for me at this stage.

Some with self-cleaning (pyroxxx something, which use high degree, ard 500 degree celcius to wash away the oil or mess, or burn the food residue into dust-it shocked me, sounds more like a cremation box now).

I wonder what are the functions need to take note without needing to spend so much on such a high tech stuffs.

Some ppl mentioned that for the timer (analog I suppose), you can't turn anti-clockwise, as the spring can spoil. Not sure if it is true or not (I do that often to my microwave and looks okay :dunno: )

No prob.. For the pyroxx function, very good, i guess u r saying about Brandt 667, that model really good, especially if you are having your oven built-in and below the hob area and with kids, cos this model come with cool door function, even if the temperature is over 200 degrees, the temperature on the external door will only be i think 40 or 60 degree only.. The self-cleaning is good to have for lazy pple like me.. haha.. no need to clean the oven.. wahahaha.. But no budget..

Actually, what oven to buy, first is based on what you need, then the budget and then the look (if it matters to you). I feel that if u bake and grill alot, its advisable to invest in a better oven..

As for whether kitchen cabinet, what i understand is that the contractor must make sure they provide sufficient space for ventilation and the wood must not be those low quality ones..

If the cabinets really spoilt easily, then by right the built-in ovens will not be so popular liao, but currently, you can find more and more built-in ovens models and brands in the market..

morning everyone... i am looking forward to hearing good news from HDB abt my HLE.. just faxed over to them on friday evening and they received it already..hope they mean what they said ( they said they will do it today)....

by the way, nemofc, take care k... weather nowadays are getting worse and unpredictable...

:dunno: congrats to you!!

thanks, now on medicine.

Hi elaine,

binzz,

you buy built-in oven? how much/ brand?

you are right with washing machine, i guess i will buy the front loading one... you? any comment on the front loading? cos' more space then

Actually, my hubby strongly discourage me from buying oven, cos he say I won't cook after awhile, no point to get so expensive one :notti: .. The Teka one that I bought, he also grumble and grumble, but finally agree after I choose a much cheaper hob and hood, $600 for both as we had set a budget of $1.5k for hob, hood and oven initially.. :jawdrop:

yo, if you seldom/ don't cook, you might want consider small cooker hod & hood instead of the usual size. can cnnsider small kitchen. i want that but hubby said he will grill & cook since we going to have a home of our own.

I have that concern too. was thinking of purchasing a countertop multifunction oven and placing it in a tall wall cabinet, the only thing is worried if it will spoil the cabinet

that's my worries too...