Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi ppl,

Going to start my trunking on christmas eve..heehee... How should the trunking be run?? any1 care to share? Best is top or bottom?

Elaine, like nemofc mentioned, u gotta go around and see which trunking lines u prefer.. But the most common running of trunking is through the toliet...

Exactly what I mean lor. I'd rather they don't do up the toilets or give us the taps or whatever. Better I go and do it myself than ......sigh. Also, the kitchen walls are white on the upper half and beige on the lower half leh...sigh, why don't they just do one color. You know when you put on your kitchen counter tops, you'd still see one beige tile sticking out from the counter tops.....sigh. You want to make your house/kitchen look nice, got to spend money one, leh. If they just make everything one color, it won't affect the selling price what. Whatever tile color they choose, they still cost the same what. Aiyah, can't help it already. Got to live with it or spend more money.

HANDS UP AGREE!:dancingqueen: But what to do, HDB prefer to put 2 colours.. haiz..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yup....It's nice to look look, see see....have new ideas and know "what not to do" in the upcoming renovation. The exchange of ideas and views is great and it's cool to know that my future neighbours are friendly and nice.

The decorative tile (like Egyptian drawings) at the one of the units very nice leh....which both my wife and I fancy. Must ask Tony to bring me see, the light above also nice.....

Hi All,

It's real nice having the chance to meet up with my future neighbours and din know that skysheep live so near me.. hahaha. Got to learn new things as well when you guys ask questions that never came to my mind. Great! It's indeed a good learning session ytd.

Skysheep, I agree with you. The decorative tile (like Egytian drawings) are really nice. Hope to have that too. We have sama sama taste haha...

Hi gadgetgal, very nice meeting you and your hubby too.. Thanks for pointing out front gate kerb issue.. Had called my ID to go do the hole for me, otherwise, cannot lock the gate ah.. :dancingqueen:

Hi, Binzz

Why must do hole huh? I thought can lock the gate from the top? My id never do the hole for me? Is it better do that? You ask him to do 2 hole for you?

Thank you and Regards.

Hi, Binzz

Why must do hole huh? I thought can lock the gate from the top? My id never do the hole for me? Is it better do that? You ask him to do 2 hole for you?

Thank you and Regards.

Ehhhhh... issit... i dunno leh... i tot is top and bottom lock??? blurr... nvm, let me ID come back to me.. hehe..

:curse: skysheep, xlan, lynn

nice meeting you guys just now. really enjoy walking & looking at the showflats.

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :fire: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

Oh...i went down JM last night as well. Didnt know there is a meet up.. else i would have join u fellas.

Went to my unit to see the progress of the screeding.. can only see sand & cement...for 2-3 weeks liao. have not even started :dancingqueen:

Ehhhhh... issit... i dunno leh... i tot is top and bottom lock??? blurr... nvm, let me ID come back to me.. hehe..

Hi Binzz...

You can lock from the top or bottom...but some people prefer to lock both cos it is more stable..and they are more KS..hehehe...

Anyway, you find out from your id...and let me know..I also dun know anything..Need to learn from you..:-) Is it better to drill hole on the tiles? Or just lock from the top is sufficient?

Thank you hor..

Hi Binzz...

You can lock from the top or bottom...but some people prefer to lock both cos it is more stable..and they are more KS..hehehe...

Anyway, you find out from your id...and let me know..I also dun know anything..Need to learn from you..:-) Is it better to drill hole on the tiles? Or just lock from the top is sufficient?

Thank you hor..

No problem.. Let u know once he get back from me..

the shorter the aircon trunking, the better.. u using sys 3 or 4? sys 3 shud b easy, BR 2 n 3 on opp wall, so trunking run from BR 2 across to MBR. I run my trunking thru MBR toilet (the shortest route), the only problem, as the aircon man says, is that running pipe thru toilet means theres problem of "留汗".. ur aircon will sweat bcoz of the temp differences in the toilet (which tends to be higher), thus condensation takes place... but he assure me these will not affect the aircon, just that some ppl find the vapours on piping ugly...

as for the MBR, bcoz im using starmax sys 4 (size/height constraint), if i run the pipe on top, i'll have to cut my aircon window frame, i chose not to, so run the pipe downwards, along the aircon window (hmm.. sorry if i confuse u, in short, its not on top).

btw, i changed from Mitsubishi Heavy Ind to Mitsubishi Elec starmax bcoz the compressor cannot pass thru the window... just take note... if u hvnt buy aircon, i suggest u measure ur aircon window before buying. I did show them my floorplan that time, still, problem happens.. just take note! :dancingqueen:

Hey, I intend to get a System 4 aircon, hopefully that is.. wondering whether starmax is good or not.. it seems to be a little bit big? :curse:

Hi,

Someone mentioned here about installing rain shower and planning to use citygas heater (i rem theres another person other than me...) anyway, i've called Citygas to check, the free gas heater is 5L which cannot support rain shower.

If u want to use rain shower + gas heater, u have to upgrade to the 10L heater, which cost > $300, moreover the installation cost is higher (this is wat the officer @ citygas told me).. anyhow, just beware and do check up with citygas again when u are planning to install rain shower + gas heater :)

I guess that person is me lor :D

might be going down to Citigas to check this out, perhaps know in more detail on the cost+installation, size of the heater and so on...

Oh...i went down JM last night as well. Didnt know there is a meet up.. else i would have join u fellas.

Went to my unit to see the progress of the screeding.. can only see sand & cement...for 2-3 weeks liao. have not even started :D

Oh...nvm lah, there's always next time...sure more units will be up as times pass, we can have more to look at.

Actually what is the actually length for cement screeding ah? From collection of keys, you make a booking on that day right? From then on, to the arrival of sand, to laying, to drying....how long will it take?

Really tempted to get my ID to do it instead if really a big difference in time. But on other hand, every cents count! :)

:yeah: skysheep, xlan, lynn

nice meeting you guys just now. really enjoy walking & looking at the showflats.

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :lol: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

haha.. ya ya.. nice meeting up with u all :D esp lynn.. a ex-schmate but nvr seems to recognise each other.. haha.. v interesting! haha..

nemofc! i was worried straight after u turned left frm our JM carpark exit.. haha.. u shld hv turned right n go by bukit merah CTE entrance.. sorry forgot to tell u earlier at the carpark.. then when i was pointing straight (at the tiong bahru market tat traffic light there) i was thinking may b u didn't really get wat i meant.. haha.. nvm.. slowly u'd know ur way as u drive more ard.. :)

Went to my unit to see the progress of the screeding.. can only see sand & cement...for 2-3 weeks liao. have not even started :D

I just given the key to HDB for cement screeding in the morning, guess it a long wait for me. :)

Hi everyone,

I will be at my place this coming sat in t he late morning. Those who wish to come and view my unit may PM me. :D

Oh...nvm lah, there's always next time...sure more units will be up as times pass, we can have more to look at.

Actually what is the actually length for cement screeding ah? From collection of keys, you make a booking on that day right? From then on, to the arrival of sand, to laying, to drying....how long will it take?

Really tempted to get my ID to do it instead if really a big difference in time. But on other hand, every cents count! :D

That time HDB was cement screeding the common area of my old house, 1 day finish everything.

The actual cement-ing and drying should be quite fast, maybe 1-2 day (also depend on weather, if rain everyday, drying take longer... :)).

Hi everyone,

I will be at my place this coming sat in t he late morning. Those who wish to come and view my unit may PM me. :yeah:

same here, getting all the contractors to come and do measurement, same time checking for defects :lol:

ya.. be patient.. i waited for a month then they did the cement screed for my unit.. :)