Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi NEM, let me know the outcome ok?

cindy, happy

i'm meeting gina this evening with skysheep. cos' tomorrow morning might not, so don't want give it a miss.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

Today we got call from HDB to ask us to send in our payslips for the renewal of HLE. They will be giving us the keys in the next 2 to 3 weeks. :bleah: It's a good news to celebrate for X'mas and New Year.

count me in... sunday 1pm

:dribble:

Hi NEM

Ok, will let you know.

Who's joining us on Sunday 1pm? I am on!

The more the merrier!:lol:

Hi everybody

If you are sourcing for id/contractor, maybe you can join us see see look look.

How about that?

HAPPY

:lol: skysheep, xlan, lynn

nice meeting you guys just now. really enjoy walking & looking at the showflats.

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :dribble: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

:P skysheep, xlan, lynn

nice meeting you guys just now. really enjoy walking & looking at the showflats.

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :dribble: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

Hi ALL and a very good evening to all.

I just wanna say that beware of this lighting shop at balestier call STRASS LIGHTING. They are cheats!:lol:!:dribble:

We bought our lightings from this shop and only after less than 1 months , my lights are blown out. First when we install our PLC lights , we complained that its not bright enough to our tall guy at Strass lighting. At first, be4 installing , he assured us that if its not bright enough, we can always go back and change. But thats not all, now that he refuses to change, hes sold us BAD and LOUSY lights of poor inferior quality.

My kitchen downlights just blown today, and be4 that my downlights ****, twos blown.

THEY ARE CHEATS. STRASS LIGHTING at BALESTIER. We had a heated argument with the owner. But well, only thing is we are suckers at the losing end. DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN EVERYONE>

I now have to spend extra bucks to pay and replaced those blown ones.

I am going to have a wooden door, or probably half wooden and half temper glass door. Not sliding door.

Exactly what I mean lor. I'd rather they don't do up the toilets or give us the taps or whatever. Better I go and do it myself than ......sigh. Also, the kitchen walls are white on the upper half and beige on the lower half leh...sigh, why don't they just do one color. You know when you put on your kitchen counter tops, you'd still see one beige tile sticking out from the counter tops.....sigh. You want to make your house/kitchen look nice, got to spend money one, leh. If they just make everything one color, it won't affect the selling price what. Whatever tile color they choose, they still cost the same what. Aiyah, can't help it already. Got to live with it or spend more money.

Hi,

Someone mentioned here about installing rain shower and planning to use citygas heater (i rem theres another person other than me...) anyway, i've called Citygas to check, the free gas heater is 5L which cannot support rain shower.

If u want to use rain shower + gas heater, u have to upgrade to the 10L heater, which cost > $300, moreover the installation cost is higher (this is wat the officer @ citygas told me).. anyhow, just beware and do check up with citygas again when u are planning to install rain shower + gas heater :good:

Yah.. location is great.. actually all my life i lived in havelock area then moved to queenstown area. can't imagine living anywhere that'll take >10 mins from town.. :-)

Regarding the design.. well, what can wwe expect from HDB? It's not like it's condo. but i rather they dun do all those things and sell the flat for cheaper..

Exactly what I mean lor. I'd rather they don't do up the toilets or give us the taps or whatever. Better I go and do it myself than ......sigh. Also, the kitchen walls are white on the upper half and beige on the lower half leh...sigh, why don't they just do one color. You know when you put on your kitchen counter tops, you'd still see one beige tile sticking out from the counter tops.....sigh. You want to make your house/kitchen look nice, got to spend money one, leh. If they just make everything one color, it won't affect the selling price what. Whatever tile color they choose, they still cost the same what. Aiyah, can't help it already. Got to live with it or spend more money.

Also, if you are particular about having dry toilets, then you need to build a raised curb separating the shower area from the rest of your toilet. The drop HDB makes for you doesn't keep the water in. Most likely, the water spills out from your showers and they run along the grouting getting your bathmats soaking wet. (I'm very fussy about my toilets. They have to be super dry. My hubby says I'm a clean freak). Both my boys (7 and 4 yr olds) are very well trained already. Hee hee hee....

:good: skysheep, xlan, lynn

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :jawdrop: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

Yup....It's nice to look look, see see....have new ideas and know "what not to do" in the upcoming renovation. The exchange of ideas and views is great and it's cool to know that my future neighbours are friendly and nice.

The decorative tile (like Egyptian drawings) at the one of the units very nice leh....which both my wife and I fancy. Must ask Tony to bring me see, the light above also nice.....

:jawdrop: skysheep, xlan, lynn

xlan, in the end i went wrong way and then went somerset & CTE. :yamseng: <faint> long way.. heee but still reach home.

HEHE Today I went down to my flat too :)

Already 7+ pm and they still working on the tiles.. wow.. really hardworking :dribble:

Only the first day and quite a number done liao.. hope can finish on schedule or best before that keke :)

Also walked around my block at other levels.. but not many pple or showflats.. was thinking..when I move in the block will still be quiet and empty.. with only a few units moved in :P

Anyway I believe u will all make it lively right? :good:

Hi ppl,

Going to start my trunking on christmas eve..heehee... How should the trunking be run?? any1 care to share? Best is top or bottom?

the shorter the aircon trunking, the better.. u using sys 3 or 4? sys 3 shud b easy, BR 2 n 3 on opp wall, so trunking run from BR 2 across to MBR. I run my trunking thru MBR toilet (the shortest route), the only problem, as the aircon man says, is that running pipe thru toilet means theres problem of "留汗".. ur aircon will sweat bcoz of the temp differences in the toilet (which tends to be higher), thus condensation takes place... but he assure me these will not affect the aircon, just that some ppl find the vapours on piping ugly...

as for the MBR, bcoz im using starmax sys 4 (size/height constraint), if i run the pipe on top, i'll have to cut my aircon window frame, i chose not to, so run the pipe downwards, along the aircon window (hmm.. sorry if i confuse u, in short, its not on top).

btw, i changed from Mitsubishi Heavy Ind to Mitsubishi Elec starmax bcoz the compressor cannot pass thru the window... just take note... if u hvnt buy aircon, i suggest u measure ur aircon window before buying. I did show them my floorplan that time, still, problem happens.. just take note! :good:

hi all, sorry to impose... i'm from tpy's forum and need help, if any...

anyone going to Designer Lightings, along Balestier Rd to get your lights...if you are, please let me know via PM.

i've fancied another dining light from another shop, but i couldn't get a refund as we've made full payment. if possible, i would appreciate to receive your payment to Designer Lightings in replacement for the amount I've paid to them...before they deliver to my place for installation...

*desperate* :~:help::help::help:

I might buy 1 split unit, so the trunking will be only at the air con window, very short.

And might think of buying 2 split unit.

the shorter the aircon trunking, the better.. u using sys 3 or 4? sys 3 shud b easy, BR 2 n 3 on opp wall, so trunking run from BR 2 across to MBR. I run my trunking thru MBR toilet (the shortest route), the only problem, as the aircon man says, is that running pipe thru toilet means theres problem of "留汗".. ur aircon will sweat bcoz of the temp differences in the toilet (which tends to be higher), thus condensation takes place... but he assure me these will not affect the aircon, just that some ppl find the vapours on piping ugly...

as for the MBR, bcoz im using starmax sys 4 (size/height constraint), if i run the pipe on top, i'll have to cut my aircon window frame, i chose not to, so run the pipe downwards, along the aircon window (hmm.. sorry if i confuse u, in short, its not on top).

btw, i changed from Mitsubishi Heavy Ind to Mitsubishi Elec starmax bcoz the compressor cannot pass thru the window... just take note... if u hvnt buy aircon, i suggest u measure ur aircon window before buying. I did show them my floorplan that time, still, problem happens.. just take note! :help:

Hi SKY

How is the showflats (gonna handover to the owner this sat)??

HAPPY

Yup....It's nice to look look, see see....have new ideas and know "what not to do" in the upcoming renovation. The exchange of ideas and views is great and it's cool to know that my future neighbours are friendly and nice.

The decorative tile (like Egyptian drawings) at the one of the units very nice leh....which both my wife and I fancy. Must ask Tony to bring me see, the light above also nice.....

Hi ppl,

Going to start my trunking on christmas eve..heehee... How should the trunking be run?? any1 care to share? Best is top or bottom?

try going to see other units on how they are laid (if you have time)

tony said he drew the drawings himself, but i don't quite like it :help: my opinon.

Hi SKY

How is the showflats (gonna handover to the owner this sat)??

HAPPY

aren't you suppose to meet gina/ tony this morning? tony said the kitchen & wardrobes will be done up neatly today. and likely handover tonight.