Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ThE sUnDiAl

Arts & Thots And Unimax Creative

:lol: This is very bad. How can Jerry said all that to mac? This is an open forum. I understand that alot of IDs will come to this website to read about what others has written, be it on themselves or others but I never thought any ID will SMS their clients, or maybe i should say, their X client and commenting on what the client had post in. I don't agree with what jerry had SMS mac regarding the badmouth part because what EvilEvo wrote are her encounter. She is just sharing her thoughts and views. Its always up to the rest of us to judge. Infact, its seems like both of them were not the only ones who kena his bad attitude and services. ( read from jolin's post) I think Jerry should be humble to accept that comments and learn how to be a better ID, to improve his services and not to send all those sms to Mac. What is he trying to do? Expect mac to scold the wife or expect him to delete the wife's post?

I am glad and thankful that u guys stood up and voice these out. This is a forum for people to share about their renovations and experenices. Alot of people, together with myself log in here to get informations, ideas and feedbacks. And i appreciate anyone who is willing to share their happy or unhappy encounters with any IDs because if its a good ID, all of us will benefits from there and of course, if its a bad one, it serve as a warning and preventing more people from falling into the same trap.

Stay Cool, Mac & EvilEvo!:(

PS: JERRY is out of my list. Will not be asking him for any quote even if he is offering a good price.

Thanks appleimac.We can only consider ourself lucky that we didn't sign the contract with ARTS & THOTS (JERRY) although we did loose out on the $300.But i rather waste the $300 than to sign up the contract with JERRY which the quotation he quote us came up to around $27K.Jerry is so unprofessional towards his works.Maybe i should start a new topic warning people out there regarding Jerry working attitude.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:sport-smiley-004: This is very bad. How can Jerry said all that to mac? This is an open forum. I understand that alot of IDs will come to this website to read about what others has written, be it on themselves or others but I never thought any ID will SMS their clients, or maybe i should say, their X client and commenting on what the client had post in. I don't agree with what jerry had SMS mac regarding the badmouth part because what EvilEvo wrote are her encounter. She is just sharing her thoughts and views. Its always up to the rest of us to judge. Infact, its seems like both of them were not the only ones who kena his bad attitude and services. ( read from jolin's post) I think Jerry should be humble to accept that comments and learn how to be a better ID, to improve his services and not to send all those sms to Mac. What is he trying to do? Expect mac to scold the wife or expect him to delete the wife's post?

I am glad and thankful that u guys stood up and voice these out. This is a forum for people to share about their renovations and experenices. Alot of people, together with myself log in here to get informations, ideas and feedbacks. And i appreciate anyone who is willing to share their happy or unhappy encounters with any IDs because if its a good ID, all of us will benefits from there and of course, if its a bad one, it serve as a warning and preventing more people from falling into the same trap.

Stay Cool, Mac & EvilEvo!:sport-smiley-004:

PS: JERRY is out of my list. Will not be asking him for any quote even if he is offering a good price.

Edited by appleimac

Me & Evilevo was glad that we DIDN'T choose JERRY from Arts & Thots as our ID.

I believe that JERRY was looking at this forum too since he did sms me asking why evilevo doing the posting here.

Just to let people's out there who are browsing this forum to take note and be aware of what had happened between us and JERRY from ARTS & Thots.

We are not Badmouthing, Slandering or doing any Personal Attacks on anyone.This is the facts that had actually happened between JERRY and ME juz an hour ago.

I will just type out what he had just sms me and if any of his company colleagues or managers happen to see this threat,you are most welcome to look for me and i will show you the message in my mobile that JERRY had sent me.

17/10/07

21:42 (From Jerry):Hi i suppose u didn't talk to yr wife right?coz she is still commenting in the forum adding more thing now.

21:53 (from Me):Hi,i did talk to my wife and i juz went to the forum and see.From what i see she is just stating the facts.She didn't add salt or anythings right.But i did saw others people comments about you lei.

22:06 (from Jerry): This is business mah.If the deal is off due to the service or other reason.We should say it out mah not just keep quiet and let it be den bad mouth on the other party mah.And if there is any unhappiness y dun just put it to a stop and that it.And i did not say i not returning u yr money mah.if i can't perform i will return u this is what i told u right?

22:35 (from me) : Jerry,i dun think evilevo did bad mouth about you.In facts she is the one who say u good when we first met up with u and she's also the one who convince me to pay e $300 to u.I remember clearly that u did told us we can ask you to do e amendment 3D drawing till we are comfortable.No matter how many times right.But after the first drawing u did say that it's no point when we request to do the amendment.it's not that we keep quiet.just that since u told us in this way then it's pointless for us to demand e amendment drawing from you again and again as we know that you won't do it.

(WE DID MENTIONED WE PAY THE $300 WHEN WE WERE IN YOUR OFFICE BUT YOU KEEP SAYING NO POINT TO DO AND KEEP ASKING US TO SIGN THE AGREEMENT).I remember clearly that u didn't mentioned that e $300 will be refund to us.SO now it can be refund ar izzit?

22:39: (From Jerry)Hope you know what u r doing/saying.the world is round.

22:44 : (from Me): can i know what you mean by this?so right now e refund things u say juz now is for the sake of saying?

22:50 : (from Jerry) : just write what u want la.anyway u already pay for it and thank you so much i getting famous nowadays.just got another deal liao.it's like people juz coming to find me.hahaha...i got better things to do.

22:54: (from me) : didn't expect you to be so childish.i will only write and onli state e facts and i won't add anythings that is not true.

The above are the sms that we had.

We know that the $300 will be gone and i also didn't expect Jerry/Arts & Thots to refund us.For what i believe that this is an OPEN forum,we just want to share what we had met and experience and don't wish to see any others peoples to get the S*IT* that we had with JERRY from Arts & Thots.

I believe that ARTS & THOTS might be having other good ID's BUT i can gurantee that it won't be JERRY with his kind of service attitude.Nowadays with this kind of service attitude,it will only be chasing the company business away.

I really can't imagine what if we had choosen JERRY to be our ID and we had to take up all his S*its.

Jerry if you are browsing this forum,you know my new address and if i happened to see anythings go wrong in my new unit,you be will the first one to get suspect.This is from what you had sms me saying that "the world is round".

Hi Jolin,thanks for your advise.I will call up CASE tomorrow to check.

Edited by mac

ok...thanks. :wub: maybe you should demand them to pay you back the 50% of the $300.Try calling CASE and ask them for advise.So i think next time when we go to home and deco and we can just walk pass ARTS and THOTS and just give them a MISS. :yamseng:Hope you are happy with your new id now.If possible,PM me yr new id too.Would like to ask them to quote.

Hi...

:wub: Reporting to CASE? u tink tats possible? Hmm, this has nvr came across my mind b4 but i will ask my hubby abt this n see wat he says.... he is the decision maker.... haha...

We got another of our shortlisted ID to b in charge of our reno... he is a friend of my hubby's colis but business is business, he has been very professional and so far, we are hapi with him n his service... will keep u post of the reno works...

well.... like wat i told my hubby, we will take it as a lesson learnt... like wat u mentioned, $300 was not a big sum of $ but it's still a $300... i could hav used tat $ to buy a coffeetable or wat... anyway, its all history le... we are just thankful its all over... btw, i will PM u regarding the quote... :furious:

ok...thanks. :good: maybe you should demand them to pay you back the 50% of the $300.Try calling CASE and ask them for advise.So i think next time when we go to home and deco and we can just walk pass ARTS and THOTS and just give them a MISS. :yamseng:Hope you are happy with your new id now.If possible,PM me yr new id too.Would like to ask them to quote.

Edited by jolin

hi,i did spoke to JERRY from Arts and Thots at the expo too.He seems a nice chap but after talking with him about 20 minutes,he keep on asking us to put the 300 deposit to let them do the drawing.Me and my hubby was thinking.....wow....so fast?Not even go into details yet....maybe we shouldn't tell him we got the keys already......even we got the keys,we are not stupid,there are so many IDs around and we will def. asking around for quotation.He keep on telling us don't need to walk around and asking for quotation anymore as it will be wasting times and energy.I was thinking to myself,this is my problems...not yrs......my energy and my times...not yrs too..... :dancingqueen: In the end,we insist that we will walk around and consider,Jerry was showing us a not so happy face,and saying since you like to ask around then go ahead but he can assure us that we are wasting out times........ :P

Now i was feeling lucky and really felt sorry for evilevo.Although 300 is not a BIG sum of $ but it still can do alot of things since we are building up our new house.I do agree that since you had pay the $300,they should do up all the things and amend all the things that you want,correct me if i'm wrong.Since you had pay them $300 for the drawing,then the drawing are suppose to be yrs,i don't think it's under Arts and Thots copyrights.If it's under their copyrights,then they shouldn't be asking for $300.Don't take it so hard,i believe that all of us will be helping eachother down here by passing around the message & info.Quite a number of my friends are looking for IDs too.....hope they don't get and engage into the WRONG IDs company and i will make sure they get the info.By the way,do you think it's possible to sent me the 3D drawings and also maybe the quotation. :yamseng:

well.... like wat i told my hubby, we will take it as a lesson learnt... like wat u mentioned, $300 was not a big sum of $ but it's still a $300... i could hav used tat $ to buy a coffeetable or wat... anyway, its all history le... we are just thankful its all over... btw, i will PM u regarding the quote... :P

hi...

i m new here n thinking of having my new love nest renovated.. collecting keys soon.... i have spoken to A&T @ a ID expo recently. In fact, jerry was the ID i spoke to. l find him ok... i met him once and i was considering to get a quote from him, even though my wife is not so convinced yet. Came across this so was thinking twice about the whole thing. Anyone having anything to share about them?

Hmm... well, i supposed u had read my SAD story. The whole part of it was to share wat i expereniced. I suppose asking for a quotation from jerry is still ok... afterall, its just a quote... so long u don sign anythg or pay the $300 for the SO CALLED 3D DRAWINGS...

hi...

i m new here n thinking of having my new love nest renovated.. collecting keys soon.... i have spoken to A&T @ a ID expo recently. In fact, jerry was the ID i spoke to. l find him ok... i met him once and i was considering to get a quote from him, even though my wife is not so convinced yet. Came across this so was thinking twice about the whole thing. Anyone having anything to share about them?

hi,i did spoke to JERRY from Arts and Thots at the expo too.He seems a nice chap but after talking with him about 20 minutes,he keep on asking us to put the 300 deposit to let them do the drawing.Me and my hubby was thinking.....wow....so fast?Not even go into details yet....maybe we shouldn't tell him we got the keys already......even we got the keys,we are not stupid,there are so many IDs around and we will def. asking around for quotation.He keep on telling us don't need to walk around and asking for quotation anymore as it will be wasting times and energy.I was thinking to myself,this is my problems...not yrs......my energy and my times...not yrs too..... :notti: In the end,we insist that we will walk around and consider,Jerry was showing us a not so happy face,and saying since you like to ask around then go ahead but he can assure us that we are wasting out times........ :P

Now i was feeling lucky and really felt sorry for evilevo.Although 300 is not a BIG sum of $ but it still can do alot of things since we are building up our new house.I do agree that since you had pay the $300,they should do up all the things and amend all the things that you want,correct me if i'm wrong.Since you had pay them $300 for the drawing,then the drawing are suppose to be yrs,i don't think it's under Arts and Thots copyrights.If it's under their copyrights,then they shouldn't be asking for $300.Don't take it so hard,i believe that all of us will be helping eachother down here by passing around the message & info.Quite a number of my friends are looking for IDs too.....hope they don't get and engage into the WRONG IDs company and i will make sure they get the info.By the way,do you think it's possible to sent me the 3D drawings and also maybe the quotation. :P

hi...

WE CHOSE ANOTHER ID INSTEAD OF ARTZ & THOTS!:dancingqueen:!

well, A&T was 1 of our shortlisted ID firm but after meeting them for a few times, we find them a NO NO!:good: Jerry, My ID was a nice chap but i tink he must have been very BZ to keep forgetting items that we wana to take out or add in... he can rem to add in tis item but he forget the others. Its not my job to keep reminding him on wat we wan... and imagine, i hav to go thru the whole list of quote evtime to make sure wat i wan is in n wat i don wan is out...

WELL, the TL part was we forked out a $300 to see the 3D drawings and we were oni shown twice on the 3D designs....... the 1st time was more on their ideas and we wana some amendments to it... after tat, we waited like 2 - 3 weeks b4 we were shown the amended drawings.... n the SUPPOSED to b amended drawings were actualy not much diff from the 1st one we saw... tis is so stupid.... we waited for so long, oni back to see the similiar drawings.... and when we told them abt the changes we wana, they can said its no point to do the amendments coz we cant decide on anythg nw.... BUT THE FACT IS WE PAY A $300 TO SEE ALL THOSE! they are supposed to do all that!:good:! 8| W/O showing us another 3D drawings, they showed us the quote... even though he was willing to throw in a $1000 lighting voucher... my quote still come up to b ard 26 - 27k...

After some discussions with my hubby, comparing both IDs quote, designs, services and attitude, we decided to give A&T a miss.... I supposed jerry was caught by surprised wen we informed him tat we r not goin to use them... he was asking wat happened and request to meet us up to discuss the quote... he even offer a meeting with his manager who he claimed can give us a beta quote.... for a while, i was tinking of meeting up with the manager to see wats his offer but me and my hubby were disappointed wen he started asking abt the ID we are using... asking if their deisgns were as gd as A&T... THE thg that realy made us pissed off was he questioned did we show the other ID his designs... telling me those were A&T copyrights etc... BUT WE PAID A $300 for that!:bleah: Those were SUPPOSED to be OUR drawings!:bleah: anyway, those stupid 3D drawings which was a waste of our time and $.... we realy regretted tat!:notti::(

Me and my hubby was so glad we din chose them... tink sometimes, some companies will say alot of nice thgs to convince ppl but oni time will tell hw gd or true they are...

Edited by EvilEvo

Hi!

I havent been able to find much abt Unimax Creative ..

I have done so many searches ... their name pops up but nothing more :notti:

Has anyone had their home done by them?

They are on top of my list at present but I wud like more +ve info + pictures b4 I commit

Anyone with 1st hand experience with Unimax pls share with me.

Or shud I infer that not much info = not much -ve comments :lol:

got to know them thro exhibition...the id took abt 3 -4wks to get bk to us. We went dwn to discuss in detail, told them the design I dun reali like & some item i wanted to change to others. They say ok will redesign & requote, after few wks later we met again....haha...guess wat the id take out the same drawing & ask...erm so what are the changes you want to make huh?

I was speechless!

haha...nvm the id still tell me u hold on, I ask my collegue now change the design 4u lor.

While waiting for collegue to cum up with "ideas", the id say lets finalise the contract & blah x3 sign today got discount mah.

After all the blah, id checks with collegue...opps...design not ready..need summore time..wow

I need eat my dinner ..so nvm you can take yr time slowly 'design' lor.

wat a great customer service...

btw still pending them refund me deposit.

Deposit??

Normally for me I wont pay a single cents if I have not confirm with them.

Nor I feel good if they press me and tell me disount this and that!

Just see the sat adv, so many id/contrators offering promotions and free free free items.

1 id even dare to tell me his boss will give me $1000 if we (3 units) sign up with him.

Call me again and tell me again about $1000 and that is special offer for us, tell me about cememt price going to increse and all the crap.

And see the sat paper (for 2 wks) and the id firm actually offer every body $1000 and free this n that!:good:

Luckily never commited with him or else gana con.

Edited by h4happy

got to know them thro exhibition...the id took abt 3 -4wks to get bk to us. We went dwn to discuss in detail, told them the design I dun reali like & some item i wanted to change to others. They say ok will redesign & requote, after few wks later we met again....haha...guess wat the id take out the same drawing & ask...erm so what are the changes you want to make huh?

I was speechless!

haha...nvm the id still tell me u hold on, I ask my collegue now change the design 4u lor.

While waiting for collegue to cum up with "ideas", the id say lets finalise the contract & blah x3 sign today got discount mah.

After all the blah, id checks with collegue...opps...design not ready..need summore time..wow

I need eat my dinner ..so nvm you can take yr time slowly 'design' lor.

wat a great customer service...

btw still pending them refund me deposit.

Hmmm....I went last night talking to one id.

The price...abit pricy but was told he quote high end for granite tiles in case we really choose one which is around the range.

Might give artsntots a miss.

Already over my budget.

no good impression with A&T. firstly, was supposed to met Mr A, but when I reached there, Mr B says Mr A has gone out and he will handle my case. After 1.5hrs of discussion, he tried to "psycho" me to pay $500 for detailed 3D design. Like what they told u all, he says he can provide the detailed drawings, I can pass on to another contractor/ID to do the job, if I find them expensive. I firmly said No and insist to see their quote first before I make any decision. Cos I am receiving keys in 4 weeks time, and I do not want them to hold on to my $500 and detailed drawing and let me wait for their drawings. He later gave in and told me that the quote will be ready next week. One week past but no reply. Another week later, he sms me the quote is ready.

When we meet, he said: "Actually hor, I dun really know what you want" I was so mad, cos I gave him copy of Home & Decor mag to photocopy the design which I wanted and given him all the specs during the 1.5hrs discussion! Now he tells me he doesn't know what I want!

after some discussion he said "actually hor, since u so urgently need to move in (next month), we no need to draw any 3D, just ask my men to make decisions on the spot (on the carpentry works) with you". So i ask him, "So i need to take leave for 4 weeks lah?" He says "thats even better!".

My heart I was thinking I would be better off engaging a contractor if I dun want to see 3D and details drawing, save more. somemore he arrange to meet on a sunday, u know, the human traffic near their office is so high on weekends and difficult to find parking. i regreted meeting him.

Edited by jt88