Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ThE sUnDiAl

Arts & Thots And Unimax Creative

Hi Jazz.....

Thanks for your suggestion....ya...for my case,things have gone abit far already.I will discuss with evilevo regarding this. :)

Hi Mac,

good luck! =)

Still hope to see some feedbacks from the rest regarding Arts & Thots quality, schdule time for H/O, commitment... etc?

Jaz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Mac,

the amount we paid was different, so prob we had a different package altogether.

Nonetheless, have you tried speaking to their management? I read from the other threads on some similar tough situations with ID, and the couple took a step further to bring this to the managment's attn. And things got resolved in a more professional way than how their ID originally did.

For your case, things might have gone a bit far already. But this is just a suggestion I thought you might want to consider. =)

Jaz

Hi Jazz.....

Thanks for your suggestion....ya...for my case,things have gone abit far already.I will discuss with evilevo regarding this. :)

Hi Jazz.....

The UNPROFESSIONAL JERRY didn't told us for the $300,we can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry).JERRY only told us that he can do the amendment of the 3D drawing as many time till we are satify with the outcome.And i remember Clearly that we did ask JERRY what if we didn't take up the reno with them,JERRY told us we can take the 3D drawing as we pay for it.(But JERRY had told Evilevo that it's under ARTS & THOTS COPYRIGHT WHEN WE DECIDED NOT TO ENGAGE THEM)Now i'm really curious does it mean that under the company,they have different rules and regulation?Some can exchange for furnitures and some can't.Or it's depend on the ID?Shouldn't they have only 1 rules and regulation across.This will only be fair to the customers who sign up with them.If not,then i think the customers will have to depend on their luck coz they can suka suka tell u this and some other IDs in the company might tell you other things.Think tomorrow i will have to call up Small Claims Tribunal Court to check with them.

Hi Mac,

the amount we paid was different, so prob we had a different package altogether.

Nonetheless, have you tried speaking to their management? I read from the other threads on some similar tough situations with ID, and the couple took a step further to bring this to the managment's attn. And things got resolved in a more professional way than how their ID originally did.

For your case, things might have gone a bit far already. But this is just a suggestion I thought you might want to consider. =)

Jaz

Hi EvilEvo...

below is the link. I have been using this link until my friend introduced me RenoTalk. =)

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1192284228

Regards to the $300 deposit for the 3D drawings I read in Renotalk, in the other forum (and for the package I took as well), its $500 instead. But for this amount, they provide you quite a # of drawings and if in the end you do not take the reno package from them, they can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry). Well, I took it since it didn't seem much of a loss..., and most importantly, the ID who served me seems very committed.

Just wanted to know what may be the good reviews of this company for anyone whom have used them and completed reno... its quality, schedule to handover and commitment. I know its ISO standard, so it should not be too bad. But just wanted to get more feedbacks if anyone care to share?

Jaz

Hi Jazz.....

The UNPROFESSIONAL JERRY didn't told us for the $300,we can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry).JERRY only told us that he can do the amendment of the 3D drawing as many time till we are satify with the outcome.And i remember Clearly that we did ask JERRY what if we didn't take up the reno with them,JERRY told us we can take the 3D drawing as we pay for it.(But JERRY had told Evilevo that it's under ARTS & THOTS COPYRIGHT WHEN WE DECIDED NOT TO ENGAGE THEM)Now i'm really curious does it mean that under the company,they have different rules and regulation?Some can exchange for furnitures and some can't.Or it's depend on the ID?Shouldn't they have only 1 rules and regulation across.This will only be fair to the customers who sign up with them.If not,then does it mean that the customers will have to depend on their luck coz they can suka suka tell u this and some other IDs in the company might tell you other things.Think tomorrow i will have to call up Small Claims Tribunal Court to check with them.

Edited by mac

Hi jaz...

Pls do not misunderstood with wat we had post here. Basically ev1 are just sharing our encounters and views on our IDs seaching.... Its actually as simple as tat. We do not have anything against anyone or any ID firm but its just so happened tat me n jolin were handled by the same ID from Arts & Thots and thgs wasn't VERY pleasant. I believe there are good & bad IDs in all ID firms. Its all down to luck... Hope the ID u r working with is a good one. Btw, u mentioned u saw other reviews @ another forum? may i ask which forum is tat? !!

Hi EvilEvo...

below is the link. I have been using this link until my friend introduced me RenoTalk. =)

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1192284228

Regards to the $300 deposit for the 3D drawings I read in Renotalk, in the other forum (and for the package I took as well), its $500 instead. But for this amount, they provide you quite a # of drawings and if in the end you do not take the reno package from them, they can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry). Well, I took it since it didn't seem much of a loss..., and most importantly, the ID who served me seems very committed.

Just wanted to know what may be the good reviews of this company for anyone whom have used them and completed reno... its quality, schedule to handover and commitment. I know its ISO standard, so it should not be too bad. But just wanted to get more feedbacks if anyone care to share?

Jaz

Hi all, I'm new to this forum... just got my keys this week and looking at engaging Arts & Thots since 2 weeks ago because another forum reviewed it not bad. I read the threads here and seems like its very negative against this ID.

I hope I'm not making the wrong choice... just want to know if anyone had better experience to share with me for this company?

Jaz =)

Hi jaz...

Pls do not misunderstood with wat we had post here. Basically ev1 are just sharing our encounters and views on our IDs seaching.... Its actually as simple as tat. We do not have anything against anyone or any ID firm but its just so happened tat me n jolin were handled by the same ID from Arts & Thots and thgs wasn't VERY pleasant. I believe there are good & bad IDs in all ID firms. Its all down to luck... Hope the ID u r working with is a good one. Btw, u mentioned u saw other reviews @ another forum? may i ask which forum is tat? !!

Edited by EvilEvo

I have been lurking around these forums for the last few months. Just thought to share that my ID (Andrew) from Unimax Creative did a pretty good job (without too much hiccups), and within expectations (in terms of budget and workmanship).

One thing I really like is how organized Andrew can be.. of course he would like to talk about his BIGGER projects currently ongoing, but good thing he still can focus on the small project that he is working on with my place.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum... just got my keys this week and looking at engaging Arts & Thots since 2 weeks ago because another forum reviewed it not bad. I read the threads here and seems like its very negative against this ID.

I hope I'm not making the wrong choice... just want to know if anyone had better experience to share with me for this company?

Jaz =)

Hey over this forum, there are contractors and id searching and looking at the thread. How to pin point who are contractors?

Edited by h4happy

Relax guy, lets move on.

There are hundreds of contractors and Id.

Take it as a painful lesson.

Cheer up!

Yup!! :P Its was ordy a blessing we din wen ahead with jerry for the reno...

Can't wait for my hse reno to start coz tat means i no longer need to imagine how the plc will look like le. seeing the actual plc being slowly done up cfm is more exciting and fun!:unsure:

Counting down!:rolleyes:

EvilEvo, so sorry to hear about ur case. No matter how small the amount of money is, I dont think this is the right attitude a professional should be displaying.

With regards to the $300, go ahead and bring him to court. Try Small Claims Tribunal Court instead of CASE.

You deserve your full $300 back due to his misprepresentation and non performance of services as promised. In addition, this will teach all those who try to con people of so called 'deposits' a lesson. Imagine how many people he has gone around asking them of $300.

perhaps 5 couples a week get conned? thats like 20 couples a month and a free whopping $6,000 a month when couples like you get too pissed with it and forego the deposit.

Check out this information:

Steps to lodge your claim with the Subordinate Courts of Singapore:

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/index.aspx

A person or company who wishes to make the claim is referred to as the "Claimant" while the person or company claimed against is referred to as the "Respondent". The party you claim against can also claim against you in the same claim. This is referred to as a "Counterclaim".

A claim can be lodged or filed in person at the Tribunals or through the fax at 65364478 or 64355994. Currently, certain authorised users are allowed to lodge or file their claims via the Internet. If you are a frequent user of the Tribunals making numerous claims a year, you may apply in writing to the Registrar of Small Claims Tribunals for approval to utilise the electronic filing.

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/mdc-cic/page.aspx?pageid=6531

Small Claims Tribunal

a. If your matter comes within the jurisdiction of the Small Claims Tribunals (SCT), you may choose to lodge a claim through SCT. SCT is situated at the ground floor of Subordinate Courts.

b. SCT’s jurisdiction generally covers civil cases of the following nature:

Claims arising from a contract for the Sale of Goods3

Claims arising from a contract for the Provision of Services4 and

Claims in tort arising from damage caused to property5 (except those caused by a motor vehicle)

Claims arising from any contract for the lease of residential premises that do not exceed 2 years

c. Your would also need to note:

that the claim amount must not exceed S$20,000/-, and for claims beyond S$10,000 but not exceeding S$20,000 both parties must consent in writing before the Registrar / Assistant Registrar.

the claim must also be lodged within one year from the date when the cause of action accrued6.

d. Please note that the claims which do not come under the jurisdiction of the SCT include the following:

hire purchase agreements

employment matters

personal loans

stock and shares

foreign exchange (forex)

rental of chattels (such as movable goods, car rentals, video tape rentals and machinery rentals)

rental (commercial or industrial premises)

legal fees

co-broking

time-share claims

insurance claims

e. For more information you may wish to enquire at SCT, or access their website at http://www.smallclaims.gov.sg

3An agreement to transfer ownership of movable property in return for money

4 An agreement to provide a service which includes labour and skill in return for money

5 Damages to property includes loss and expense incurred as a result for a careless, reckless or improper act.

6 This refers to the event which gives a party the right to claim against another. For example, a breach of contract.

Thanks for all these info... these sure come in handy!;) i will discuss with my hubby and see what he says. :P

Hi...

:unsure: Reporting to CASE? u tink tats possible? Hmm, this has nvr came across my mind b4 but i will ask my hubby abt this n see wat he says.... he is the decision maker.... haha...

We got another of our shortlisted ID to b in charge of our reno... he is a friend of my hubby's colis but business is business, he has been very professional and so far, we are hapi with him n his service... will keep u post of the reno works...

EvilEvo, so sorry to hear about ur case. No matter how small the amount of money is, I dont think this is the right attitude a professional should be displaying.

With regards to the $300, go ahead and bring him to court. Try Small Claims Tribunal Court instead of CASE.

You deserve your full $300 back due to his misprepresentation and non performance of services as promised. In addition, this will teach all those who try to con people of so called 'deposits' a lesson. Imagine how many people he has gone around asking them of $300.

perhaps 5 couples a week get conned? thats like 20 couples a month and a free whopping $6,000 a month when couples like you get too pissed with it and forego the deposit.

Check out this information:

Steps to lodge your claim with the Subordinate Courts of Singapore:

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/index.aspx

A person or company who wishes to make the claim is referred to as the "Claimant" while the person or company claimed against is referred to as the "Respondent". The party you claim against can also claim against you in the same claim. This is referred to as a "Counterclaim".

A claim can be lodged or filed in person at the Tribunals or through the fax at 65364478 or 64355994. Currently, certain authorised users are allowed to lodge or file their claims via the Internet. If you are a frequent user of the Tribunals making numerous claims a year, you may apply in writing to the Registrar of Small Claims Tribunals for approval to utilise the electronic filing.

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/mdc-cic/page.aspx?pageid=6531

Small Claims Tribunal

a. If your matter comes within the jurisdiction of the Small Claims Tribunals (SCT), you may choose to lodge a claim through SCT. SCT is situated at the ground floor of Subordinate Courts.

b. SCT’s jurisdiction generally covers civil cases of the following nature:

Claims arising from a contract for the Sale of Goods3

Claims arising from a contract for the Provision of Services4 and

Claims in tort arising from damage caused to property5 (except those caused by a motor vehicle)

Claims arising from any contract for the lease of residential premises that do not exceed 2 years

c. Your would also need to note:

that the claim amount must not exceed S$20,000/-, and for claims beyond S$10,000 but not exceeding S$20,000 both parties must consent in writing before the Registrar / Assistant Registrar.

the claim must also be lodged within one year from the date when the cause of action accrued6.

d. Please note that the claims which do not come under the jurisdiction of the SCT include the following:

hire purchase agreements

employment matters

personal loans

stock and shares

foreign exchange (forex)

rental of chattels (such as movable goods, car rentals, video tape rentals and machinery rentals)

rental (commercial or industrial premises)

legal fees

co-broking

time-share claims

insurance claims

e. For more information you may wish to enquire at SCT, or access their website at http://www.smallclaims.gov.sg

3An agreement to transfer ownership of movable property in return for money

4 An agreement to provide a service which includes labour and skill in return for money

5 Damages to property includes loss and expense incurred as a result for a careless, reckless or improper act.

6 This refers to the event which gives a party the right to claim against another. For example, a breach of contract.

:P This is very bad. How can Jerry said all that to mac? This is an open forum. I understand that alot of IDs will come to this website to read about what others has written, be it on themselves or others but I never thought any ID will SMS their clients, or maybe i should say, their X client and commenting on what the client had post in. I don't agree with what jerry had SMS mac regarding the badmouth part because what EvilEvo wrote are her encounter. She is just sharing her thoughts and views. Its always up to the rest of us to judge. Infact, its seems like both of them were not the only ones who kena his bad attitude and services. ( read from jolin's post) I think Jerry should be humble to accept that comments and learn how to be a better ID, to improve his services and not to send all those sms to Mac. What is he trying to do? Expect mac to scold the wife or expect him to delete the wife's post?

I am glad and thankful that u guys stood up and voice these out. This is a forum for people to share about their renovations and experenices. Alot of people, together with myself log in here to get informations, ideas and feedbacks. And i appreciate anyone who is willing to share their happy or unhappy encounters with any IDs because if its a good ID, all of us will benefits from there and of course, if its a bad one, it serve as a warning and preventing more people from falling into the same trap.

Stay Cool, Mac & EvilEvo!:dancingqueen:

PS: JERRY is out of my list. Will not be asking him for any quote even if he is offering a good price.

Thanks, appleimac... we could have just leave it and not posting all his sms here if he din push thgs too far... the way he sms is too much. Tink my hubby oso cant TAHAN le den !! back. Its just too bad tat thgs has turn out ugly... :)

22:50 : (from Jerry) : just write what u want la.anyway u already pay for it and thank you so much i getting famous nowadays.just got another deal liao.it's like people juz coming to find me.hahaha...i got better things to do.

Indeed Jerry is getting famous now. :help::)