Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ThE sUnDiAl

Arts & Thots And Unimax Creative

They did the works for my unit and only when I was selling my place did I realize that they did not file the entirety of the works with HDB! I could not handover the flat because HDB refused to certify their checklist!

WTF! And when I called them to complain about it they simply ignored the issue!
I had to engage a PE and another contractor to make up for their mistakes!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Heh. Was surfing the forums quite a bit but I'd only registered to comment.

Some details about my horrible experiance with Unimax Creative.

1)Candidly, will admit that they look very professional, and that on paper, their designs look fantastic.

2)However, quality of the works carried out are unimaginably shoddy, brief shortlist follows

• No consideration given to usability of the design proposed (looks good, totally cannot be used)
  • One example of the above: Drawers made with intention for cable storage yet no consideration given to it (eg when cables run behind drawers, drawers can't close)
  • Totally ****ed up bathroom design, insufficent drainage, positioning of cabinets above master drainage means that chokages can't be cleared without major contortions.
  • I could go on for pages but really, don't use these guys.

I realize that their mentality seems to be to just do a as quick and dirty job as possible, and if you don't complain about it, they'll just assume it's okay.

A lot of the works looks acceptable on first pass, but once you start to use the cabinets, you'll discover misaligned doors, hinges faling out, badly finished interiors, etc etc etc etc.

Another major bitching point would be the total nonexistant project control. They're slow, unable to meet reasonable dates, took like 4 months to finish works for my place, and thats with an outstanding list of items to be corrected about 12 pages long!

You sound like a bitter home owner. But truth be told, how do you substantiate your claims leh?

Quite strange to hear that your cabinets are nicely designed but TOTALLY CANNOT BE USED..

Got pictures or not? Say until so scary like that I oso donno how to believe you

Not say Im targeting you but because i heard my friend say Unimax design is actually not bad. Service good oso, the designer was v patient to her

But of cos every co got black sheep one. Mabe you r just suay to kena a black sheep lolx no offence har

But oso har, hear your tone so fierce and poisonous, you oso difficult custoemr lah must be lah

Heh. Was surfing the forums quite a bit but I'd only registered to comment.

Some details about my horrible experiance with Unimax Creative.

1)Candidly, will admit that they look very professional, and that on paper, their designs look fantastic.

2)However, quality of the works carried out are unimaginably shoddy, brief shortlist follows

• No consideration given to usability of the design proposed (looks good, totally cannot be used)
  • One example of the above: Drawers made with intention for cable storage yet no consideration given to it (eg when cables run behind drawers, drawers can't close)
  • Totally ****ed up bathroom design, insufficent drainage, positioning of cabinets above master drainage means that chokages can't be cleared without major contortions.
  • I could go on for pages but really, don't use these guys.

I realize that their mentality seems to be to just do a as quick and dirty job as possible, and if you don't complain about it, they'll just assume it's okay.

A lot of the works looks acceptable on first pass, but once you start to use the cabinets, you'll discover misaligned doors, hinges faling out, badly finished interiors, etc etc etc etc.

Another major bitching point would be the total nonexistant project control. They're slow, unable to meet reasonable dates, took like 4 months to finish works for my place, and thats with an outstanding list of items to be corrected about 12 pages long!

Mind if you relate your experience w unimax?

Helping a friend to source for a good id

In all fairness pls back up what u say about any id companies...

Checking ur profile it makes me think u signed up as a member to slime the id company

Yup, me too. my wife and I were really impressed by the pre-sales attitude and all the efforts made until the dotted line was signed. it was like a total 180 degree change or different person. most importantly, the quality and the after sales service sucks big time and dn't even think of using the 10 yrs warranty. bcos as it is, i just texted my ID (2nd case) and there is no reply from him.

after this experience, we decided to do the unethical thing of getting ID's idea and get a good contractor to do the job instead, if ever we move hse again. we were pissed being riped by the so-called IDs, sorry, its unfair to the rest of the industry but unimax's encounter just nightmare for us and bcos of them, we couldnt trust ID in general..

I totally agree with this - UNIMAX looks professional, but their execution is like a total nightmare.

i had used them.. u will be impressed by them but their after clinching deal service sucks... most importantly, their quality is not good... renovated for a yr, stayed in only fr feb till july but tiles cracked, so called 'hanging' cabinet soon to collapse...

Yup, me too. my wife and I were really impressed by the pre-sales attitude and all the efforts made until the dotted line was signed. it was like a total 180 degree change or different person. most importantly, the quality and the after sales service sucks big time and dn't even think of using the 10 yrs warranty. bcos as it is, i just texted my ID (2nd case) and there is no reply from him.

after this experience, we decided to do the unethical thing of getting ID's idea and get a good contractor to do the job instead, if ever we move hse again. we were pissed being riped by the so-called IDs, sorry, its unfair to the rest of the industry but unimax's encounter just nightmare for us and bcos of them, we couldnt trust ID in general..

Hi!

I havent been able to find much abt Unimax Creative ..

I have done so many searches ... their name pops up but nothing more :help:

Has anyone had their home done by them?

They are on top of my list at present but I wud like more +ve info + pictures b4 I commit

Anyone with 1st hand experience with Unimax pls share with me.

Or shud I infer that not much info = not much -ve comments :D

Unimax be careful with them... i had very bad experiences with them... PM me and i will share with you my experience if u have engaged them.... and u could gain from my experiences and be careful when dealing with them... really regret engage them ...

Hope you guys learn the lesson.

Never pay up front if you are not confirm with the id/contractors.

Money give out is easy, money collect is difficult.

Hi, for those looking at Unimax Renovation can go to my T-Blog to have a look.

ID: Derek Yu (from TPY branch)

Friendly, patient and good service from him. U need his contact can PM me.

My Toy Shop

I have nothing to do with Unimax or its staff, just an owner from TPY :notti:

Good Luck Everyone :notti:

Hi Jazz.....

The UNPROFESSIONAL JERRY didn't told us for the $300,we can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry).JERRY only told us that he can do the amendment of the 3D drawing as many time till we are satify with the outcome.And i remember Clearly that we did ask JERRY what if we didn't take up the reno with them,JERRY told us we can take the 3D drawing as we pay for it.(But JERRY had told Evilevo that it's under ARTS & THOTS COPYRIGHT WHEN WE DECIDED NOT TO ENGAGE THEM)Now i'm really curious does it mean that under the company,they have different rules and regulation?Some can exchange for furnitures and some can't.Or it's depend on the ID?Shouldn't they have only 1 rules and regulation across.This will only be fair to the customers who sign up with them.If not,then does it mean that the customers will have to depend on their luck coz they can suka suka tell u this and some other IDs in the company might tell you other things.Think tomorrow i will have to call up Small Claims Tribunal Court to check with them.

Hi! All

I just call my ID and on the renovation issue and was told by him that Art and Thots wind-up already. They were informed just a few day ago. All staff from Art and Thots all kana sacked according to him.

Looks like me n mac should do somethg to get that $300 back coz watever was promised to us was nvr kept... Reading from his sms (22:06 - from Jerry: This is business mah.If the deal is off due to the service or other reason.We should say it out mah not just keep quiet and let it be den bad mouth on the other party mah.And if there is any unhappiness y dun just put it to a stop and that it.And i did not say i not returning u yr money mah.if i can't perform i will return u this is what i told u right?... its say clearly tat this $300 is ACTUALLY refundable de... but the moment Mac start to cfm again if the $ is realy refundable, Jerry replied is : 22:39 - (From Jerry)Hope you know what u r doing/saying.the world is round.... i wonder y he din ans Mac his qn on the $300? is there anythg we are not aware of? maybe the management will have an ans to all these ???? anyway, we still have ALL HIS SMS so if we were to speak to the management, we can show them all the proofs...

think you can try to...

1. Report to his management.

If nothing is done within specific period and no refund is made,

2. Report to Small Claims Tribunal Court

Looks like me n mac should do somethg to get that $300 back coz watever was promised to us was nvr kept... Reading from his sms (22:06 - from Jerry: This is business mah.If the deal is off due to the service or other reason.We should say it out mah not just keep quiet and let it be den bad mouth on the other party mah.And if there is any unhappiness y dun just put it to a stop and that it.And i did not say i not returning u yr money mah.if i can't perform i will return u this is what i told u right?... its say clearly tat this $300 is ACTUALLY refundable de... but the moment Mac start to cfm again if the $ is realy refundable, Jerry replied is : 22:39 - (From Jerry)Hope you know what u r doing/saying.the world is round.... i wonder y he din ans Mac his qn on the $300? is there anythg we are not aware of? maybe the management will have an ans to all these ???? anyway, we still have ALL HIS SMS so if we were to speak to the management, we can show them all the proofs...

Edited by EvilEvo

Hi Mac,

Some company promise to rtn 100% full in cash to the customer, some give shopping voucher in the same value and some will exchange in furnitures. Maybe u didnt check with him during the exhibition so u are not aware of it, I would suggest as wat Jaz had said talk to the management first and complain that u are getting poor svs from him and let the mgmt decide how to refund u the $300.00 b4 u go to SCTC.

!!

Hi Cantona7,we did check with JERRY regarding what if we don't take up his reno when we had pay the $300 for the drawing.He told us we can take back the drawing as we pay for it and that's all. :thumbs up: Still remember he did mentioned that the drawing need $300 that much is because his company bought the software to do the drawing and the software cost a bomb.And he also say that even if we don't let them do the reno,we can take the 3D drawing to other id firm and told them we want to do the design if we like.BUT...he told evilevo that the drawing is under his company rights and we cannot show it to other companys when we decided not to engage them. !! This JERRYwill do all the sweet talking to get you pay for this and if things not turning out the way he wants,he will tell you another things.

Hi Jazz.....

The UNPROFESSIONAL JERRY didn't told us for the $300,we can exchange for furnitures with the same value (carpentry).JERRY only told us that he can do the amendment of the 3D drawing as many time till we are satify with the outcome.And i remember Clearly that we did ask JERRY what if we didn't take up the reno with them,JERRY told us we can take the 3D drawing as we pay for it.(But JERRY had told Evilevo that it's under ARTS & THOTS COPYRIGHT WHEN WE DECIDED NOT TO ENGAGE THEM)Now i'm really curious does it mean that under the company,they have different rules and regulation?Some can exchange for furnitures and some can't.Or it's depend on the ID?Shouldn't they have only 1 rules and regulation across.This will only be fair to the customers who sign up with them.If not,then does it mean that the customers will have to depend on their luck coz they can suka suka tell u this and some other IDs in the company might tell you other things.Think tomorrow i will have to call up Small Claims Tribunal Court to check with them.

Hi Mac,

Some company promise to rtn 100% full in cash to the customer, some give shopping voucher in the same value and some will exchange in furnitures. Maybe u didnt check with him during the exhibition so u are not aware of it, I would suggest as wat Jaz had said talk to the management first and complain that u are getting poor svs from him and let the mgmt decide how to refund u the $300.00 b4 u go to SCTC.

:thumbs up: