Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
markie

Roof Terrace Option?

Assuming I am allowed to enclose the roof terrace .. is there a place i can see to estimate the cost i need to pay of the "additional gfa" -not even sure im using the right terminology 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
3 hours ago, markie said:

Assuming I am allowed to enclose the roof terrace .. is there a place i can see to estimate the cost i need to pay of the "additional gfa" -not even sure im using the right terminology 

Nope. You should be able to do an A&A to enclose the attic level without paying for any DC. 
Look for an architect to advise you on all the regulations and fees you would need to pay to the various authorities on the works needed. 

9B286B6F-0F2A-4B2D-8B23-B5816B921B76.png

Edited by snoozee

Hi all. Just as an update. I spoke to an architect. So Snoozzee is right. There is no GFA limit for landed housing. As long as your house is built within the allowable enveloped you can build as much space as you want inside. 

He confirmed that i can do something similar to my neighbour.. sloping roof and all to make sure i am within the envelope. Cost is pretty high though.. he said will be north of $200k 

2 hours ago, markie said:

Hi all. Just as an update. I spoke to an architect. So Snoozzee is right. There is no GFA limit for landed housing. As long as your house is built within the allowable enveloped you can build as much space as you want inside. 

He confirmed that i can do something similar to my neighbour.. sloping roof and all to make sure i am within the envelope. Cost is pretty high though.. he said will be north of $200k 

I think the correct phrasing is that you can built as much as you want subjected to URA approval. Nowadays many new developments in 2 storey landed zones come with mezzanine floor to add on to the space within. Even though URA no longer limits the mezzanine floor GFA to 50 percent of typical floor plate, I don’t think they would approve of a design where the mezzanine floor is at 95 percent of the typical floor plate.