Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ciarana

Wine Shop Recommendations - International

We have a good list of wine stores in the thread Wine Shop Recommendations - Local but the limitation of that thread is all the stores recommended are in the US. Sometimes, many of us visit larger cities (as opposed to wine regions) in Europe or elsewhere in the world and would like to pick up some bottles either for drinking there or bringing home. I know that when I have randomly walked into a wine store in some cities and have gotten what I would get is I randomly walked into a wine store in the US - not much. I think it would be helpful to have a similar thread for wine stores in cities outside the US. Please note (1) whether the store you recommend is in the center city or way out (unlikely I am going to suburbs in Rome, London or Paris, etc., to find a wine store), and (2) are you recommending this for trophy wines at trophy prices or is the store you are recommending a good place or value or at least small production wines at a reasonable price. Obviously, we all want to find the one place in the world to buy Haut Brion or DRC at fabulous prices, but I doubt that exists.

Thanks for any help. I don't know much about such stores, but the best I have found are

Vila Viniteca in Barcelona. Seemed to be a solid store although not a great one.

Caveau de Chassagne Montrachet in Chassagne Montrachet. Good selection of wines from CM and other parts of the Cotes du Beaune. You can get them to ship wines back to the US for you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As a wine enthusiast, I was surprised by how many people do not know the differences between the different kinds of red wines. The Italian red wine age, for example, is quite different from the French or Spanish wines. Similarly, people tend to think that the best brand of wine is a local one, but buying international wine can give you a better experience and taste that goes with it. Anyway, I order only Italian ones. I use enosearcher, which is finding the best offers for the wine I want.