Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fartman

Recommend ceiing fan with light for 40 years old 3-room resale flat

Just gotten my first flat which is a 40years old resale 3 room flat i notice the ceiling is rather low even without any false ceiling is there any recommended reliable ceiling fan with light to recommend for this case i am worried the ceiling will become very low after installing the fan.

Any brands to recommend or avoid?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

check what is the height of floor to ceiling first. if you have just over 2.4m in height, then a ceiling fan will make it lower. even the shortest ceiling fan will be about 30cm+ in height.

alternative is to just install wall mounted fans instead.

27 minutes ago, fartman said:

its abt 2.6m in height any suitable ceiling fan or it is too low for it

2.6m if you use a fan which is 35cm in height, you will be left with 2.25m from floor to bottom of fan. whether too low or not and efficiency of fan is subjective. more important is the safety issue where the fan blades are not so low that one will be able to touch it when the hands are raised up.

do note that ceiling fan works by pulling air from above and pushing it downwards and towards the sides. if there is not enough volume of air above the fan to be used, don't expect it to work very well in pushing air around.

3 hours ago, Kellhound said:

Look for hugger ceiling fans. KDK has such models.

Typically they drop max of 30cm from ceiling. HDB ceilings are typically 2.5-2.6m

depends. my parents' place floor to ceiling is only about 2.43m. just enough to put in Ikea's tallest wardrobe at 2.4m and I had to assemble the wardrobe vertically (in it's final shape) instead of the usual install on floor and tilt up vertically.

When selecting a ceiling fan, consider the size of your room. For a 3-room flat, you probably won't need an oversized fan. Look for a model that complements the dimensions of your space, providing efficient air circulation without overwhelming the room.Additionally, it's a good idea to choose a fan with adjustable settings, including fan speed and light intensity. This allows you to customize your comfort and lighting according to your preferences.By opting for a well-designed ceiling fan like those from Sofucor, you can enjoy both functionality and style while maintaining the openness of your space.