Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Windows' Tint Issue In Malaysia...

This letter to ST Forum really takes the cake - makes my toes laugh!!

On one hand we are trying to get the govt to give us more democracy, on the other hand we have such people asking the govt to nanny him.

"Come, come, what happen? Don't cry, don't cry! Malaysia bully you is it?? Okok, mummy go beat them ok, they naughty naughty, but you don't cry first ok..."

*boo hoo*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2007

This & That

DARKER WINDOWS POSER FOR LTA

THE Land Transport Authority (LTA) allows the rear windows of cars in Singapore to be tinted darker than those in Malaysia. This will cause me problems when I drive into Malaysia.

What is LTA doing to resolve this problem?

Pang Wan Hong

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement & Condition of Access

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

totally agree with you

sometimes i wonder what this person is thinking when writing the letter

and i really wonder why ST even publishes it :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

think LTA should ban all singapore vehicles from travelling to m'sia to resolve this problem :dribble:

Psst.. read between the lines lah..

Writer hinting that LTA should initiate tit for tat action.

Make msian vehicles comply with Sg laws on exhaust sound, smoke, tinted windows, etc.

Nowadays I am amazed at the level of sophistication of Sg ppl.

Psst.. read between the lines lah..

Writer hinting that LTA should initiate tit for tat action.

Make msian vehicles comply with Sg laws on exhaust sound, smoke, tinted windows, etc.

Nowadays I am amazed at the level of sophistication of Sg ppl.

Hmmz, never saw it from this angle before - but doesn't that makes him even more childish?? Tit for tat is for children lor.

Imagine a child goes playing at neighbour's house and being scolded for dirtying the sofa. Child comes back home and ask parent to go scold the neighbour's kids in return. Sounds like the making of another everitt rd's potential, doesn't it?

My agent installed tint complies with LTA but not Msia...

Sigh.. now not sure whether driving holiday is good idea ..

My agent installed tint complies with LTA but not Msia...

Sigh.. now not sure whether driving holiday is good idea ..

you mean when drive to malaysia and your tinted glass "not pass" huh? why? i thought malaysia glasses for cars are more darker tinted than spore cars. !!

i am totally for it

reduce temperature in car, reduce damage to our eyes

:bow::)

i prefer not so tinted glass b'cos too dark liao. :rofl:

you mean when drive to malaysia and your tinted glass "not pass" huh? why? i thought malaysia glasses for cars are more darker tinted than spore cars. :rofl:

s'pore allow 70% for front and 30% for back (light transmission)

but m'sia's law says that's too dark

in m'sia, ada duit suma boleh :bow:

s'pore allow 70% for front and 30% for back (light transmission)

but m'sia's law says that's too dark

in m'sia, ada duit suma boleh :rofl:

ha ha ha... ada duit suma boleh... ha ha ha... betul betul!

you mean when drive to malaysia and your tinted glass "not pass" huh? why? i thought malaysia glasses for cars are more darker tinted than spore cars. :rofl:

Ya lor.. Malaysia law for tinted windows only apply to Sg cars mah.

Need to read in between the lines mah.... at home, we can do anything we want, but does than mean visitors to our house also can do anything they want?

Ya lor.. Malaysia law for tinted windows only apply to Sg cars mah.

Need to read in between the lines mah.... at home, we can do anything we want, but does than mean visitors to our house also can do anything they want?

:no::no:

From straittime forum:

I REFER to the recent report in The Straits Times and reader Pang Wan Hong's letter ('Darker windows poser for LTA'; ST, July 25) regarding the problem faced by Singapore cars with rear windows and windscreens tinted darker than Malaysian cars.

Drivers may be fined RM300 (S$129) or be turned back when a new law proposed by Malaysia's Road Transport Department is passed.

The international rule governing vehicles, particularly among Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and Thailand, is that if their design and modifications meet specifications in their country of origin, they should be allowed to travel into a neighbouring country without breaking the rules of the host country, even though such design and modifications may differ.

For example, for decades Malaysian cars and motorcycles entering Singapore have not been prosecuted by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) or Traffic Police, even though their registration number plates are smaller than the standard sizes on Singapore cars and motorcycles as determined by LTA rules. The smaller number plates are a security threat as, in a robbery or snatch theft, the robber's car or motorcycle number plate is harder to see and identify at a distance.

The Singapore Ministry of Transport should take up the matter with its Malaysian counterpart not to prosecute Singapore cars with rear windows and windscreens with 75 per cent tint, even though its rule is not more than 50 per cent.

It is by the same token that the LTA does not prosecute Malaysian cars and motorcycles with number plates that are smaller than Singapore standards.