Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sophia

Pte Property Agents Fee

kekeke .. my take on agent is "never believe them". As long as you have a sellprice in mind and they achieve it, then pay them. Of course getting more is a bonus and they shd get that little extra too.

As a buyer, I will stick to what I can offer despite what the agent might have to say about the propective house.

I even had one that used my house to sell my neighbours ! I din realised that he was marketing both our places... sigh.

Nowadays many 'fly-by-night' agents, they just want a quick deal. Seller asking for $1.1mil, if got buyer offers, straightaway sell. They won't bother to get a higher price, because not much difference in comm anyway. Rather quickly close in case kana undercut, and move on to new deal (or maybe some will go into hibernation after one or two jobs).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Nowadays many 'fly-by-night' agents, they just want a quick deal. Seller asking for $1.1mil, if got buyer offers, straightaway sell. They won't bother to get a higher price, because not much difference in comm anyway. Rather quickly close in case kana undercut, and move on to new deal (or maybe some will go into hibernation after one or two jobs).

that's true ... but for the booming trade as it is now .. not surprise to see many jump on the bandwagon to earn some quick bucks ...

therefore, a good agent can make/break your sale ... getting a lousy one will not only result in endles viewings with no closure not to mention having your property listed too long on the market ...

:notti:

have you came across seller who doesnt want to sell his house eventually if he doesnt get the selling price he wants from the buyers? :jawdrop: if this is the case then the agent will get/ask for any $$$ from the seller? :notti:

have you came across seller who doesnt want to sell his house eventually if he doesnt get the selling price he wants from the buyers? :D if this is the case then the agent will get/ask for any $$$ from the seller? :dribble:

NO.

have you came across seller who doesnt want to sell his house eventually if he doesnt get the selling price he wants from the buyers? :yamseng: if this is the case then the agent will get/ask for any $$$ from the seller? :D

I'm this seller. However, the agent is NOT getting whatever she is asking for.

I'm this seller. However, the agent is NOT getting whatever she is asking for.

oh, you mean you wanted to sell your house initially but your agent couldnt get you the selling price that you wanted so end of the day you didnt sell your house lor? so your agent didnt get a single cents from you lor? how did your agent reaction? :yamseng:

even if your agent is an exclusive also wont get any $$$ from you? :D

oh, you mean you wanted to sell your house initially but your agent couldnt get you the selling price that you wanted so end of the day you didnt sell your house lor? so your agent didnt get a single cents from you lor? how did your agent reaction? :yamseng:

even if your agent is an exclusive also wont get any $$$ from you? :D

Whatever it is, the flat must SELL before the agent get any comm.

All commission-based employees (eg insurance agents, sales, etc) are the same; you work and work and work, in the end still never close because the customer not happy with the price. Can you go back to your boss and tell him that you worked very hard liao, too bad cannot get the price, so can get a bit of commission or not?? :D

I agree.

But even so, we are already having truckloads of people joining the housing agents' industry everyday. Imagine what will happen IF being a housing agent is an easy job...

No job is easy, especially when we are talking about thousands of dollars remuneration for one SINGLE transaction that can be completed within a short period of time.

oh, you mean you wanted to sell your house initially but your agent couldnt get you the selling price that you wanted so end of the day you didnt sell your house lor? so your agent didnt get a single cents from you lor? how did your agent reaction? :notti:

even if your agent is an exclusive also wont get any $$$ from you? :yamseng:

Actually the agent was the one who approached me with a ready buyer. She says that the buyer was willing to pay for the house and wanted me to give an offer. After offering, the buyer negoitated and the agreed price was made. After that, buyer checked with bank and cannot actually afford the money. The agent suggested I lower my price..... but what's the use when the buyer can't actually afford??? Thus I told agent that if I'm not getting the offered price, the house is not going to be sold.

Now she got another buyer and he is willing to deal at my price but you know what??? He wants all the furniture and appliances in my house too :dunno: Like what the h***

Actually the agent was the one who approached me with a ready buyer. She says that the buyer was willing to pay for the house and wanted me to give an offer. After offering, the buyer negoitated and the agreed price was made. After that, buyer checked with bank and cannot actually afford the money. The agent suggested I lower my price..... but what's the use when the buyer can't actually afford??? Thus I told agent that if I'm not getting the offered price, the house is not going to be sold.

Now she got another buyer and he is willing to deal at my price but you know what??? He wants all the furniture and appliances in my house too :notti: Like what the h***

Suggest to tell the agent upfront the price you want and the conditions. Then get that cheque from the buyer ...

my agent never got that elusive cheque and string me along until I gave up and told him off ...

Now she got another buyer and he is willing to deal at my price but you know what??? He wants all the furniture and appliances in my house too

It is now a seller's market. No reason to compromise if it was not even yr intention to sell in the first place.

If I were u, I will tell this agent that I will never deal with him/her ever again, as he/she seems to talk nonsense.

Now she got another buyer and he is willing to deal at my price but you know what??? He wants all the furniture and appliances in my house too :notti: Like what the h***

change another agent...

ask him.. want ur car , ur maid or not..

the buyer thought he is buying show flat arr..

don't mind i ask, the buyer is from which country one..

b'coz I also overheard a buyer(FT) told a agent, they want this display, that TV console, this and that.. that vase, that flower, etc etc...

change another agent...

ask him.. want ur car , ur maid or not..

the buyer thought he is buying show flat arr..

don't mind i ask, the buyer is from which country one..

b'coz I also overheard a buyer(FT) told a agent, they want this display, that TV console, this and that.. that vase, that flower, etc etc...

Think some buy to rent them.