Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sophia

Pte Property Agents Fee

Agree with Warrior88. If they want more, then up your price to a level you are comfortable with. You are not in a hurry to sell, right? Don't fret. It's a seller's market. Just wait patiently.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually the agent was the one who approached me with a ready buyer. She says that the buyer was willing to pay for the house and wanted me to give an offer. After offering, the buyer negoitated and the agreed price was made. After that, buyer checked with bank and cannot actually afford the money. The agent suggested I lower my price..... but what's the use when the buyer can't actually afford??? Thus I told agent that if I'm not getting the offered price, the house is not going to be sold.

Now she got another buyer and he is willing to deal at my price but you know what??? He wants all the furniture and appliances in my house too :notti: Like what the h***

ya, some buyers are like that bcos they thought they're buying a showflat. :notti: when a buyer wants to buy a resale house and which mean he/she is buying an empty house leh. if the buyer wants everything in the house then he/she must pay for the showflat price lor. :good:

If you have no intention of selling.

Ask for another 500k for the furniture.

Up your selling price to 2 million.

No need to be paiseh.

ya, agreed. they thought furnishing no need $$$ to buy meh. :dunno:

change another agent...

ask him.. want ur car , ur maid or not..

the buyer thought he is buying show flat arr..

don't mind i ask, the buyer is from which country one..

b'coz I also overheard a buyer(FT) told a agent, they want this display, that TV console, this and that.. that vase, that flower, etc etc...

If you have no intention of selling.

Ask for another 500k for the furniture.

Up your selling price to 2 million.

No need to be paiseh.

No lah cannot be too greedy. It's a single storey house afterall.

But seriously, some agents are too much...... I also know that things depreciate over the years, but my house and things are only 1 year old. How much can they depreciate? Some more only me and husband... everything is in immaculate condition..... She even brought in Chi** buyers to view the house once. So YaYa.... I thought foreigners cannot buy pte property?

But seriously, some agents are too much...... I also know that things depreciate over the years, but my house and things are only 1 year old. How much can they depreciate? Some more only me and husband... everything is in immaculate condition..... She even brought in Chi** buyers to view the house once. So YaYa.... I thought foreigners cannot buy pte property?

may be already got PR liao..

PR cannot own landed property if I'm not wrong

hmmm..

like that...

already converted to singaporean ???

who know...

:)

PR cannot own landed property if I'm not wrong

Foreigner (including PR) can own if got permission from Land Dealing Unit.

Permission is highly subjective to applicant and location.

yours is condo or landed? foreigners can buy condo but dont know about landed. :(

yours is condo or landed? foreigners can buy condo but dont know about landed. :(

For my understanding.

Foreigners cannot buy landed..

so far can let foreigner buy is that sentosa baywater project

Suggest that you get a bank to do a valuation of your house. From the valuation, you will have a better idea whether you are selling at the right price. Single storey houses are very popular with the richer folks because many of them are buying to rebuild to their ideal house.

Generally, foreigners such as PR cannot buy landed property but they can sought permission from the government. Those foreigners who view your place and are not sure if they can afford the price are unlikely to be very rich and I doubt they can get approval easily.

hmm .. reminds me of the agent I had which drove me up the wall, down the other side and plunge straight deep down into an ravine !

he simply refused to lower his commission to close the deal and can't even broker a deal between buyer and seller to compromise ...

with such agents around, no surprise some 'super agents' make the commission they make ...

wat happen in the end?

sorry for the interrupt...

i thought that for pte property, the seller is the one paying the 1% commission to the agent and not the buyer???

whereas for hdb property, it is both the seller & buyer pays 1% each to the agent???

u r wrong

for private properties, buyer is 0%

wat happen in the end?

u r wrong

for private properties, buyer is 0%

I think it doesn't matter what the unspoken rules are..

but I do know that if you are the one who engaged the agent , then ethically, you are obliged pay for his/her service.

Likewise, if you did not engage the agent and he demands a comm from you, then you have to decide whether it is worth giving.

I think it doesn't matter what the unspoken rules are..

but I do know that if you are the one who engaged the agent , then ethically, you are obliged pay for his/her service.

Likewise, if you did not engage the agent and he demands a comm from you, then you have to decide whether it is worth giving.

u mean if the buyer engage a agent telling him. They want to buy a private property they need to pay the agent comm?

It's not correct

For private property, standard market practise is buyer 0%. Seller 2% (this can be neg)

u mean if the buyer engage a agent telling him. They want to buy a private property they need to pay the agent comm?

It's not correct

For private property, standard market practise is buyer 0%. Seller 2% (this can be neg)

I agree with wil74 and the logic is simple. You asked someone to perform a service for you, you jolly well pay that fella for his services.

I am not talking about calling the seller's agent to enquire ONLY about the house s/he advertised. For that of course you don't pay because the seller's agent did not do anything for you.

I am referring to calling an agent to find a house for you, give him/her your requirements, ask him/her to do some research, bring you around to view, bargain for you and close the deal, but afterwhich expects the agent to go share comm from the seller's agent. Somemore you said the seller's 2% can be neg, so wow, two agents doing a pte property deal then gotta share less than 2% comm?? You may be right its market practice, but this is bullsh*t if you ask me.

Such "market practice" actually stemmed from the 'practice' that sellers usually engage an agent to market their property, while the buyers would search on their own because there is no complicated HDB paperwork for pte property, so buyers are usually not represented by agent, and thus no need to pay comm. But things are getting out of hand when buyers like you are hoping to get free services. Like said above, if the agent does his/her dues to the buyer, I dun see why s/he shouldn't get paid by the buyer directly.

Sorry to say this but part of the reason for some agents to turn 'bad' is because of people like you who are making use of "market practice" to try and avoid paying their dues.

Edited by zirhk3355

i did sold away my private property , my agent comm is 1%.

We set a target. Meet or above that target 2%, below target 1%.

may be it's our luck to meet a agent can neg comm

Edited by therat