Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hong Tar quoted $3220-ish for System 3 Mitsubishi Inverter Air-conditioners. Fair deal?

Hi Starscream,

How come some ex? I thought the quotation is $2,850 + $120 (bracket) from Hong Tar? I finally decided to buy my Mit aircon (non invertor) from Gain City @ IMM for $2,108. 1/2 inch insulation, Grade 22 copper + installation & bracket. I choose GC becos I find the price is reasonable & they accept Credit Cards , can earn points mah.....

Hi henrywoo1978

Sanyo expensive? Tot it's cheaper than most of the brands?

Lilian

Edited by Lilian

Just bought a Mitsubishi StarMex System 4(26+13+10+10) from GC at IMM for $4149 with all the upgrades....

Did a lot of homework before I went down and am impress with the salesman... Threw a lot of questions at him and he answered all confidently :good: and at the same time offer some good advice as well ... Compared to 1 company I spoke to at the Expo exhibition, the same aircon, I was quoted $4100+$120 (for the bracket) and it was suppose to be a promotional price....

Lastly, he offered to go down to my place during his off day to advise me on the position of the trunking :good:

Hi Andy. I think I was quoted for 1 x 12,000 BTU (enlarged MBR) and 2 x 9,000 BTU (2 other Bedrooms) with so-called better insulation materials used, steel bracket included..

Hi Starscream,

How come some ex? I thought the quotation is $2,850 + $120 (bracket) from Hong Tar? I finally decided to buy my Mit aircon (non invertor) from Gain City @ IMM for $2,108. 1/2 inch insulation, Grade 22 copper + installation & bracket. I choose GC becos I find the price is reasonable & they accept Credit Cards , can earn points mah.....

Hi Lilian,

Well for the typical sys 3 invertor aircon for Sanyo, if I can remember correctly, its selling at about $3.2k, whereas for other brands (apart from Daiken), the average cost is about $2.7k - $2.9k.

But my friends did commented that Sanyo is actually supplier for alot of factories, and its a very reputable brand for aircon, but not sure if its as good as Daiken.

Cheers

Our Mitsubishi Starmex Invertor System 4 (26+10+10+10) which have just been installed early this week cost us $3800.

We are initially quoted $3680 for a lower power unit for living room (22+10+10+10) but decided to go for a high power unit for max. cooling capacity. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi henrywoo1978,

Daikin is over priced leh...Sanyo...have been around for some time and it's made in Japna (if I'm not wrong) As for Mit...think it's also over-priced. We are like paying for Jack's advertisement lidat...but well, it's good in the sense that it saves cost...energy efficient. Sanyo...not sure whether is it cost efficient leh...

Hi henrywoo1978,

Daikin is over priced leh...Sanyo...have been around for some time and it's made in Japna (if I'm not wrong) As for Mit...think it's also over-priced. We are like paying for Jack's advertisement lidat...but well, it's good in the sense that it saves cost...energy efficient. Sanyo...not sure whether is it cost efficient leh...

Hi Lilian,

I agreed with u that Mit is over-priced. I have used Mit (Mr Slim) before & I find that the aircon is very quiet compared to other brand like LG & Fujitsu. Furthermore, I do not have any maintenance issue on Mit. However, it is ex compared to others. Maybe because of the Jack's Neo advertisement & the newsapaper advertisements which they published frequently in Today newspapers. This may called the premium ba...No choice leh....I rather pay more for a better quality products. Aircon is not like a sofa, table & chairs, where we can just throw & replace a new one easliy.

Hi Lilian,

Well for the typical sys 3 invertor aircon for Sanyo, if I can remember correctly, its selling at about $3.2k, whereas for other brands (apart from Daiken), the average cost is about $2.7k - $2.9k.

But my friends did commented that Sanyo is actually supplier for alot of factories, and its a very reputable brand for aircon, but not sure if its as good as Daiken.

Cheers

Sanyo use to be tops in their aircon compressors. I remember brands like Acma,National and some japanese brands use their compressors. I dunno their inverter compressors are good or not,but some of my friends using their multi split aircon claims they are just as good as those popular brands.Maybe due to their lack of advert and promotions, they are not so popular like Mitsu.or Daikin. My room's window unit is still functioning well after 20 odd years although some of the internal casings have corroded and rust off.

ttl_ims09.gif

Is the height of the air-con window opening > 740 mm for System 3, > 890 mm for System 4 or the air-con ledge is reachable via other areas?

I've personally used best tech 2 times' one for my mum's place and second on my own house. 2 sets inverter air-con for 2 seperated units. Previously we hired another air-con company located in the west, they came see the place and says that the piping was too long and they left the place, we were left unfolded until a friend of mine recommended me them which was located at IMM,the salesman was very experience and the salesperson offered me an insulation from italy name K flex, this insulation actually help to stop our long years with problem of insulation.

My second set of air-con was just installed 1 week ago, very satisfied with their workmanship and most important pricing. I would rate them 4.5/5.

Can anyone help me? I'm a noob about aircons but i have read some from this forum but still not quite sure.

I'm living in a hdb flat @ Bishan 3-rm 64sq.m

I'm actually considering in getting a Toshiba Invertor Sys-3 (1 X Living room, 1 X Masterbed room & 1 X Study room)

So what must i look out for?

What copper pipe to use?

Which brand & size for the Insulator? (Hope i get it spell right)

What BTU is enough?

Do they normally charge to uninstall existing aircon before the new? How much?

Please advise me.. thank you!

Peter

Another Best Tech employee?

ST Forum

July 11, 2008

Service interrupted

I CALLED up Best Tech Engineering (ironically, its slogan is: 'You deserve the best') to get its workers to check a water leak from a less-than-a-year-old air-conditioner which is still under warranty.

I asked for a date to be arranged, but the staff there claimed there was no immediate free date available. But they could arrange for an early visit if I were to pay for a standard cleaning, which costs $40.

In order to get my air-con fixed quickly, I agreed. However, the earliest date I got was a week away. At the appointed time (between 4pm and 6pm), they did not turn up. And no one bothered to call me to inform me why. Finally I received a call from a technician after 6pm to say that he had a puncture.

I requested an urgent visit the next day which he agreed to. But the following day, no one turned up. When I called them up to enquire, the staff said they could not fit me in their schedule anytime soon. Is this how the company treats its clients?

For anyone wanting to engage those who proclaimed to be Best, try calling them for a service appointment & see if they call you back. At all.