Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey guys i understnad tt tis thread was started like a year ago commenting abt homeway serivce and etc.

what abt now?

I wnet to the Branch at Joo Chiat and the service seem good but the cost is abit high.

Can we believe them or they are better contractor?

its good that atleast few of them aware of this firm.

they are the worst which i have ever seen !

Thanks folks... no wonder their quotation so low... but doesn't matter anymore will definitely drop them... cheers... Will continue my search for ID... sign... really a lot of conman outside leh... Must open eye big big..

Conman is one thing.

Another type I encounter is those using pressure tactics to ask you to sign.

That is worst.

Thanks folks... no wonder their quotation so low... but doesn't matter anymore will definitely drop them... cheers... Will continue my search for ID... sign... really a lot of conman outside leh... Must open eye big big..

Guest vinlee

Avoid at all cost.

thats the most dangerous place to go.

many forummers got conned over there.

take care

Hi Anyone have experience working with Homeway design? Just saw their shop at Queensway Shopping Centre.... Just wanna check before getting a quotation from them...

Hi lin_stapler

good that you did't engage them. otherwise they would have make you to pay another 10K as hidden cost.

yes, they do try to push things faster, as if there is no today. any chance that you met Dew Ong ?

i think he is the worst of all the guy's there.

so, others in the forum, pls do not fall to such tacticss and become prey for them.

I didn't use Homeway but they are the first company I approached for quotation. Actually they gave one of the cheapest quotation. What I dun like and is uncomfortable with is the hard sell of the guy (forgot his name). They keep pushing us and said that the quote is valid for 3 days only.

FYI they quoted 10K for my new 4-room 90sqm flat... and there are accessories, cooker & hood thrown in.

I just wasn't comfortable partly because I'd rather get certain things myself which is to my liking/taste and also I dun like to be pushed around. I also suspect hidden cost :drunk:

I never engage ID for my house and my contractor is not FAMOUS at all. He is recommended by word of mouth. So far no problem and he is very helpful to the extent of driving me around to shop for stuff not related to my house renovation. He has become like a personal friend.

ID is not necessary if you are not planning on doing anything too fanciful and is tight on budget. Even upon site inspection, my current contractor still tell me that there is no obligation to his quotation and I should take my time. That is why I finally engage him.

Sorry for those who had bad experience with Homeway... but as you can see, there are also people who are satisfied with their workmanship. So its really hard to tell sometimes :notti:

Edited by lin_stapler