Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Granite

Oh... I faced the same problem for my previous house .... during the carpentry work... they bought a machine that leak OIL.... and the oil went into the granite... there is no way that the oil will be dry up... I stayed there for 8 years and the patch of stain stay there as well... but luckily it was in my son's room...

Even with the professional cleaning up the blur floor for me... they couldn't get rid of the patch of stain...

Did you ask the contractor to compensate you for causing the oil stain on your granite flooring?

Oh that is terrible!

Sorry to hear that!

I think it already suck inside the granite!

The only way is to ask him what should he do.

Maybe (I think so), hold back the balance first.

Tell him that they must do something....

And the only way (it is tedious) is to ask the shop owner how to remove oil stain from granite.

Today I might go down to polybuilding and maybe I will ask for you how to remove oil from granite. **If I go down lah.

http://www.polybuilding.com.sg/

Hi, since you going down to polybuilding, please help me to check with them how to remove oil stain from granite, can? I really appreciate your help on this.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi RAL

Ok I talk to the staff.

Their answer is cannot remove liao.

But then they say advisable to put a layer of waterproofing instead of waxing.

You may call Sophia (63248511) for more information,

Sorry cannot help you much!

I find one granite I feel in love with.

But the price is $12.60 psf!:dancingqueen:

Did you ask the contractor to compensate you for causing the oil stain on your granite flooring?

That time my floor contractor and carpentery contractor were different person... couldn't remember I did ask for any compensation... I also blur blur thought that the mark would go off after sometimes.... who know it stays there till I moved out 8 years later...

Good morning BUL

1) Using wax is to patch minor chip.....(Means the tiles are not good? Or in grade B or C? Or is ex-stock??, that's why need to wax to patch minor chip?? Am I right to say that?)

2) ....cheap solution....(So means what my neighbours told me is true, I mean the contractor actually has the ability to wipe out the stain? What solution they use to clean/wipe out the stain from the granite??, the contractor said he is the only 1 in spore that is able to do it.)

Thanks!;)

HAPPY

I didn't know that there is so many "only 1" contractors in Singapore. Any experience contractor will know what to do with stain seeping into the granite or marble; this is a cheap and common solution.

1. Spread over cotton wool over the stained area.

2. Buy breaching solution which we use to wash our clothes

3. Pour over the breaching solution on the cotton till wet

4. Cover the wet cotton with plastic and tape around the corner

5. Leave it for 3 days and do nothing to it.

6. On the third day.......like magic, everything gone and stain is on the cotton.......

Try it very effective and cost you less than $2. Only stain that hardly can remove is rust stain. Once rust seep into the granite, the mineral in the granite will oxidize by the rust and it become pernament. Thanks me....hehehe another lobang pitca.....Contractor cannot ask for $$$$$ anymore

hi all the granite-experts out there,

I have a big problem wif my granite flooring recently and have been very upset over it for the past few days. I am having granite flooring for my living/dining room. Currently in the process of reno. Granite flooring is from the ex-owner. Flooring is ok until recently workers came and do some carpentry. The next day i discovered a big patch of dark stain at one corner. I ask the ID why suddenly there is a patch of stain. The ID told me that the patch of stain is actually water marks!! He don't know what exactly happened that causes the water marks. It could be the workers accidentally spill some water. Its quite obvious and ugly as my flooring is of light colors and suddenly at one corner there is this dark patch of stain! He told me that the water marks will get faded after 2-3 months when the water dries up. Ask me to monitor for 2-3 months. If after 2-3 months the water marks don't fade, go and look for him and he will do something about it. Do something about it? What can he do? There's no way that he hack the tiles away for the small area and replace with new tiles. My reno will complete in another few days time. What happen if after 2-3 months, I went to approach him, and he deny? What can I do now to clear the marks?? Should I ask him to compensate me now just in case after 2-3 months later he refused to rectify the problem for me?

Can anyone out there advise how to really clear away the patch of water marks? :(:(

Hi ralph, is the stain you refer look brownish? If it is so, I think you have to settle it immediately. The brown stain is due to water spilling over saw dust and seep into the granite. Try my method immediately and may clear most of the stain but not 100%. When delay for too long, that's it.

That time my floor contractor and carpentery contractor were different person... couldn't remember I did ask for any compensation... I also blur blur thought that the mark would go off after sometimes.... who know it stays there till I moved out 8 years later...

Oil stain can be removed with bleaching solution la... Try my method

Oil stain can be removed with bleaching solution la... Try my method

Oh... I shifted out a year ago lor... how nice if I meet U before that...

Hi BULLET

Many many thanks for the solution in wiping our the stain in the granite.

It worth the try if really got stain and cannot be remove.

Wow I really learn alot from BULLET.

Once again, thanks!;)!:(

One more thing to ask you;

Why a same granite tiles (same code), cost is different? I mean $3.80, $3.50, $4.00, $6.00????

Can I strongly say that due to the left over or due to ex-stock?

And $6 are those just import to spore? I mean new stock?

Edited by h4happy

Hi BULLET

Many many thanks for the solution in wiping our the stain in the granite.

It worth the try if really got stain and cannot be remove.

Wow I really learn alot from BULLET.

Once again, thanks!;)!:(

One more thing to ask you;

Why a same granite tiles (same code), cost is different? I mean $3.80, $3.50, $4.00, $6.00????

Can I strongly say that due to the left over or due to ex-stock?

And $6 are those just import to spore? I mean new stock?

You cannot judge the granite by the cost.... Depending if the supplier is making alot of profit from it. Frankly, there is no fix market rate to it. Code of granite is the name to the similar granite when there are also granite with proper names like black galaxy, blue pearl, emarld pearl, etc. The price of granite differ by mainly following reason:

a. Place of origin - the freight cost is part of the costing

b. Purity of granite - known as the granite grade. Some granite got more impurities that other though same code. Those with alot of iron content normally are the cheapest cos the iron content will rust internally after some time and stain surface.

c. Even from same country of origin, like india, it depend on where it was extracted from; some maybe from very inland so cost higher.

d. The teachnique used to process the granite. German and Italy skill were the high tech but cost more. The finishing product is more precise and tolerent is much lesser than those manually cut.

e. The handling and stock adminstration. This means that the manufacturer did spend some time to pick and arrange pieces from the same cut out and mark them accordingly. Those mix and match from all over do not give a continunity flow of design. There are mainly 2 type of product in the market - Slab cut or pre cut. Slab cut are those come in very big pc (2m X 3m) and trim to size that you needed, price very expensive, normally used for special table top and special wall feature. Pre-cut are those already cut to size, cheaper in price, mostly mix and match, usually use for floor tiles

There are more reason to the pricing a granite technically. But above contribute the major factor to costing. Technically, it doesn't mean china granite is low grade than india granite but much dependent on the area where it comes from.

There are some cheap granite in the market reason mainly due to return stock from major project. Return stock usually cutting alignment, chip edges and corners, colour mis-match, too much impurities etc. Expensive stock may not because of just reach and it is fresh but concern by the above reason

Oh... I shifted out a year ago lor... how nice if I meet U before that...

Shall we go thru the time machine and back to 1 year ago?.......hehehe. But always good to learn something new. Spread the info around for those needed

Edited by bullet

hi bullet,

thanks so much for your information. i am going to try out the method this weekend and leave it for 3 days and see how. The bleach that you mentioned, is it those white bleach that we use for bleaching clothes? And we need to use plastic to cover it for 3 days right? What kind of plastic? you mean those clear plastic bag? Really hope this method will works and help to solve my problem. I hasn't been eating and sleeping well for the past few days. All becos of the big patch of stain. Sigh... !!

Btw, you really sounds like a granite-expert!! you seems to know alot of knowlege on granite. Are you working for some tiles company?

hi bullet,

thanks so much for your information. i am going to try out the method this weekend and leave it for 3 days and see how. The bleach that you mentioned, is it those white bleach that we use for bleaching clothes? And we need to use plastic to cover it for 3 days right? What kind of plastic? you mean those clear plastic bag? Really hope this method will works and help to solve my problem. I hasn't been eating and sleeping well for the past few days. All becos of the big patch of stain. Sigh... :notti:

Btw, you really sounds like a granite-expert!! you seems to know alot of knowlege on granite. Are you working for some tiles company?

Hi RAL

I hope that BULLET can solve your case.

Then you have to give BULLET a treat!!!!

Good luck!

Shall we go thru the time machine and back to 1 year ago?.......hehehe. But always good to learn something new. Spread the info around for those needed

NO... we should go back to 8 years ago... that was the time I shifted into my previous house... what for do it one year ago when I was moving out...

Ya... it is good to share ... thank you very much... everyday we should learn something new...

hi bullet,

thanks so much for your information. i am going to try out the method this weekend and leave it for 3 days and see how. The bleach that you mentioned, is it those white bleach that we use for bleaching clothes? And we need to use plastic to cover it for 3 days right? What kind of plastic? you mean those clear plastic bag? Really hope this method will works and help to solve my problem. I hasn't been eating and sleeping well for the past few days. All becos of the big patch of stain. Sigh... 8|

Yes, it is the bleaching solution we used for bleaching clothes. Any plastic will do. This is to prevent it from evaporating too fast. Seal all the edges with scotch tap or masking tap that's all.

Thanks for complimenting. I'm not an expert but in some related trade and have been learning from these expertises.

Hi RAL

I hope that BULLET can solve your case.

Then you have to give BULLET a treat!:bleah:!

Good luck!

Can I place my order now?......Say Ah kun traditional toast with kopi-O

NO... we should go back to 8 years ago... that was the time I shifted into my previous house... what for do it one year ago when I was moving out...

Ya... it is good to share ... thank you very much... everyday we should learn something new...

Let me set my time machine to 8 years back.........location? hehehe. Truly we are learning and sharing something new each day, that the meaning of life. So care to share yours........

Edited by bullet

Let me set my time machine to 8 years back.........location?

I am staying in the west... have been here for the past 16 years...

I am staying in the west... have been here for the past 16 years...

wow, you really response to my joke....Just realise you are a platinium member huh..sar sar ya. You are indeed a cery active member here and I can see that you have contributed alot here. Thanks you....hm....when then I can be a platinium member huh?

wow, you really response to my joke....Just realise you are a platinium member huh..sar sar ya. You are indeed a cery active member here and I can see that you have contributed alot here. Thanks you....hm....when then I can be a platinium member huh?

Oh... any advantage to be the platinium member ??

I don't know much about the technical part for reno... but because I had 4 x reno experience... Just come here to share my experience only...

Oh... any advantage to be the platinium member ??

I don't know much about the technical part for reno... but because I had 4 x reno experience... Just come here to share my experience only...

I dun know about advantage to be platinium member, perhap goto ask the moderator here. At least its a morale booster.

A long sick man is half a doctor. I appreciate and admire your character to share with people....you are really nice. :bleah: