Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Granite

why don't you go down to balestier road?

saw all the tiles there, got hafary and LSH and hup kiong

got my marble-lookalike at hup kiong and saw the granite-looalike at LSH

the row of shops are directly opposite balestier primary (or is it secondary?) school

if you coming from thomson rd side, it will be on the left side :sport-smiley-004:

you can check out my blog for pix of the tile :jawdrop:

Thanks APPLE

I saw your tiles, look like a marble.

Very beautiful.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thank you thank you :notti:

display price $3.2 but managed to bargain to $2.3

granite got to really take care loh, and if got children or pets maybe not so advisable :deal:

but the beauty of natural stone cannot compare loh :wub: :wub:

Edited by applefreak

Hi another thing want to share with you.

My neighbour told me they saw the tilers actually use a small machine to grind the line ot the granite.

I asked my neighbours do they really use it??

I even told my neighbours that granite tiles dont need to grind or polish at all!

That is really funny.

Yesterday I met another id.

Asked him the granite.

She told me 1 thing which I want to share to you.

Why some granite so check $2+ , and way to $50+.

One reason is that the suppliers choose and pick. (means granite are in good condition), and the rest not so good (also in good condition but only certain areas are chipped).

That is why the rejected granited by suppliers are sell to customers at a low price.

The id told me not to take those $2 or $3+ as it might be rough at the edge. That is why tilers need to grind it.

I dont know whether it is true of not.

Yesterday say one granite very beautiful; Ceasper white ($6+), I intend to choose that but need to recalcuate again.

i'd say that flooring is something that most people will not change in the entire time they stay at the place

so more can be spent on it to ensure that next time dun regret

go for it man :sport-smiley-003:

i'd say that flooring is something that most people will not change in the entire time they stay at the place

so more can be spent on it to ensure that next time dun regret

go for it man :(

Thanks APPLE

I think I can go until $10 per square feet = 600x600 = $40 per tiles.

Hope that it is within my budget.

I am preparing to go for higher grade probably outside china granite....

I hope so...

I am still surfing web regarding about granite but unable to find one.....

:sport-smiley-004:

how big is your unit?

from there you can have a good gauge of how much the tiles will cost you

what are you trying to find about granite?

Hi APPLE

I am a bit confuse, one quote my area is 915, other quote me 985 ......

So dont know which is more accurate.

Each contractors gave me different granite work, some say polish, some say no, some say only wash, etc...

maybe you'd want to write down a list of things that must be done and ask for quotes based on it

1. floor area to cover - some contractors include wastage, some dun but ask you for more money at a later stage

2. polishing of flooring upon completion (not sure if it's applicable to granite tiles)

it's be easier for you to compare apple to apple coz some contractors / IDs like to give you oranges so that you can't compare :yamseng:

maybe you'd want to write down a list of things that must be done and ask for quotes based on it

1. floor area to cover - some contractors include wastage, some dun but ask you for more money at a later stage

2. polishing of flooring upon completion (not sure if it's applicable to granite tiles)

it's be easier for you to compare apple to apple coz some contractors / IDs like to give you oranges so that you can't compare :yamseng:

Thanks for yr info. APPLE

Anyway I am not those very calculative type of person.

So long the worksmanship is good, pay a little more is ok for me.

hehehe find that those who try to ketok you workmanship not so good one ;)

oic...no point ketok me as I already have very tight budget.

If over my budget, can say bye bye liao.

Just to share my experience.... my previous house has whole house granite... it costed >$ 20K that time... now heard that is very much cheaper...

granite is so much easlier to take care than marble... my previous previous house was using marble...for granite the shine is always there... no special care for it...

There is no polishing of flooring upon completion ... unless U are like me so unlucky that didn't know why the grantie become blur after laying... the contractor paid > 1k to get some prefessional to clean it up... but my mum house also laid granite by the same contractor... didn't have this problem...

Heard that the skirting price for the granite is very expensive... because it is very difficult to cut granite into that type of shape... some contractors use other material for the skirting...

The price for the granite.... if U are using one BIG piece of granite and cut it to 600x600... after laying... u can still see the pattern of the whole granite.. some granite have the picture of mountain, river, etc... not too sure how to descibe... but it is very nice... this type will cost U a bomb...

When I was doing for my previous house... one contractor even brought me to his factory and see the granite... there are some granite even taller than a man...

The rest of the granite are ready cut... can't join and form a picture... and granite is natural stone... they have different tone and colour... so the tiler will need to chose the granite... the nicer one put in the living area... those not too good lay for the rooms etc...

Edited by HSH21

Hi HSH

Thanks for your info.

Yes granite is easy to maintain compare to marble.

Marble really need special care.

I have kids so marble is out for me.

But granite is easy, solid and durable.

Also easy to mob (I heard from my friends) compare to homon tiles (not sure how true it is).

But then some granite tilers will not help you to put nicers (less black spot in the middle of your living room. They just lay and lay only.

Hopefully the future contractors (I have shortlisted 2) will have a very good worksmanship in tilers (granite). Even though you can feel the line, but at least it is not too oblivous. I pray hard that mine wont be so unlucky.

I like nature stone because there is no gap between tiles..... that why I had a house floor is marble and another is granite... but for my present house.. it is Homo tiles... because the nature stone need more $$$.. and also the gap between homo tiles is so much better that previous...