Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

How do i remove those "white" patches from my kitchen black homogeneous floor tiles? juz completed reno and despite mopping and washing several times, my black floor still has patches around. After mopping it looks "clean black" but after the floor dries, white patches appear again.

my id uses thinner to clean. works ok but still need to keep washing, i am facing exact same prob as you.. still cleaning..

is there any solution out there that can protect our new chrome products from corroding?

haiz.....

gloss type? tried magicclean?

magicclean as in the floor or the mop. sorry i abit new to house work.. my tiles are new tiles and id claims its wax not cleaned off.. after a few times of washes, should go away, is that true? its cloudy patches on the glossy tiles..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
my id uses thinner to clean. works ok but still need to keep washing, i am facing exact same prob as you.. still cleaning..

is there any solution out there that can protect our new chrome products from corroding?

magicclean as in the floor or the mop. sorry i abit new to house work.. my tiles are new tiles and id claims its wax not cleaned off.. after a few times of washes, should go away, is that true? its cloudy patches on the glossy tiles..

if it's really wax - then buffing can remove it. you know those "grinder" machine pple use in polishing cars?

it's the same equipement.

alternative is acetone, more powerful than thinner, requires less scrubbing. just wipe off.

non-glossy types lor :good:

matted. but depends on individual - you want glossy(it looks nice) but then prepare to do lots of cleaning.

me lazybum - time not enough... :D

hmm then i guess we all got the same dunno simi stain that looks like silicon or gum.

I use acetone to get rid of them - but warning - do not splash onto wall or any plastic.

Thanks MaCe! Will get acetone and try out. :notti:

Yesterday used some pesticide and after using, put it back to the lower kitchen cabinet (below sink). Just placed on the white board (of the kitchen cabinet) and my hubby realised that the white board got a rim of mark from the pesticide :D

How come after use we keep it, will result in a marking in my cabinet? 8|

How to remove it? Anyone knows? We tried with magiclean (blue) also can't remove :P

My kitchen has less white patches now after my MIL scrub and mop it several times. But my MBR bathroom still has lots of stains. Will try acetone for a easier way out. :P

I'm also very new to housework. Dunno what cleaner use for what purpose. Most of time i'm used to using water and cloth to clean. But stain keeps coming back :sport-smiley-018:

pesticides are usually oil-based

and when we spray, the fine mist will kenna our fingers then flow down the bottle

so the rim of mark is actually oil stain :sport-smiley-018:

pesticides are usually oil-based

and when we spray, the fine mist will kenna our fingers then flow down the bottle

so the rim of mark is actually oil stain :sport-smiley-018:

or RUST.

Thanks MaCe! Will get acetone and try out. :notti:

I'm also very new to housework. Dunno what cleaner use for what purpose. Most of time i'm used to using water and cloth to clean. But stain keeps coming back :sport-smiley-018:

do remember, aviod all plastics and wall(painted) when using acetone, and dont pour acetone on the floor. wipe it.

a lazybums' house is very easy to tell - no white colour no black colour + matted non-glossy tiles 8|

non-glossy types lor 8|

matted. but depends on individual - you want glossy(it looks nice) but then prepare to do lots of cleaning.

me lazybum - time not enough... :notti:

Hee Hee, thks for your advise. Im also a lazy bum, but i guess when have own house is different lor :D Rite now, im slowly compiling all the useful information for here for my future usage :good: Can save time and $$ if buy directly from distributor.....

Thanks to all who have provide useful information on how to save cost, keep the thread going :sport-smiley-018:

do remember, aviod all plastics and wall(painted) when using acetone, and dont pour acetone on the floor. wipe it.

a lazybums' house is very easy to tell - no white colour no black colour + matted non-glossy tiles :sport-smiley-018:

Im a newbie to housechores. just realise that i use all the difficult colours. I have white glossy tiles and black matted tiles. Cleaning so difficult, have to be more hardworking already. :notti:

yup they are oil stains. btw how should we remove old stains?

I think i gonna change my nick to ACETONE.... :notti:

see, whenever i come across some dirt/stain I use the chemicals in the following order.

1) magicclean

> if some stain could come off but not all then go to (2)

> if NONE of the stain could come off go to (3)

2) mckennic floorwonder/kitchen wonder

3) thinner

> if some stain could come off but not all then go to (4)

4) acetone

so far I have yet to come across any stain/dirt that couldnt be removed by acetone.

Im a newbie to housechores. just realise that i use all the difficult colours. I have white glossy tiles and black matted tiles. Cleaning so difficult, have to be more hardworking already. :good:

not forgetting the colour GREY - it's a must!:sport-smiley-018::D

cos grey very good at hiding dust/dirt. 8|

if it's really wax - then buffing can remove it. you know those "grinder" machine pple use in polishing cars?

it's the same equipement.

alternative is acetone, more powerful than thinner, requires less scrubbing. just wipe off.

so am i right to say if buffering also cannot remove it may not be wax and something else? anyone else has the same prob? any solutions? thanks mace

so am i right to say if buffering also cannot remove it may not be wax and something else? anyone else has the same prob? any solutions? thanks mace

huh? already mentioned - use acetone.

but hor i always feel giddy after using them. the smell is overpowering and spoils my nail polish! :thumbs up:

you will get used to it....hehe.

good wat free nail polish remover.

I think i gonna change my nick to ACETONE.... :yamseng:

see, whenever i come across some dirt/stain I use the chemicals in the following order.

1) magicclean

> if some stain could come off but not all then go to (2)

> if NONE of the stain could come off go to (3)

2) mckennic floorwonder/kitchen wonder

3) thinner

> if some stain could come off but not all then go to (4)

4) acetone

so far I have yet to come across any stain/dirt that couldnt be removed by acetone.

not forgetting the colour GREY - it's a must!:good::lol:

cos grey very good at hiding dust/dirt. :yamseng:

bro MaCe,

Pls...Pls... tell me..where I can buy No. 2/3/4? :yamseng:

Thanks! :unsure: