Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paloma

Project Punggol Breeze

Some people have asked to see my kitchen. I have delayed doing so because we hadn't fixed up some things yet.

Our doors were fixed up after we came back from our honeymoon. We had chosen the same laminate as pinkwhale as we felt the woodgrain looked very natural. But when we first saw the doors, we were not entirely convinced they suited our home. We thought it looked a little dull and brown in our kitchen. Then we realised that perhaps this laminate will look better against black because it lacks abit of visual distinction against white. Initially, we were beating ourselves for not choosing black for our cupboard laminate, but after awhile, the kitchen kind of grew on us. Now, it looks quite fine to us. But we told our contractor we would like to do two doors instead of one big slab of a door for our tall unit to break up the brown. Mr Paloma is also thinking of adding handles to the cabinets to break up the brown. What do you guys think?

7425297104_5b6fa9e579.jpg

Our kitchen

7425292800_7b81bd51e0.jpg

Should we add handles? Hmm...

7425286284_a5779263aa.jpg

The other side of our kitchen

Edited by paloma

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

7425299676_8ebfa9e6f3.jpg

We are still sourcing for dining chairs. Thinking of mixing different chairs.

7425295370_ca0a802b3b.jpg

We need more greens and art!

7425284490_d5ff2f4ab5.jpg

Our bedroom...it's lacking a giant poster!

7425282260_a3deb2596d.jpg

Edited by paloma

Thanks adidaem for your kind words! Yeah I try to find time everyday to relax in my favourite corner, rather than clean, clean, clean!

Pinkwhale, no worries, you are more than welcome to visit my home. Another renotalk member, who is also K's client, has already been to my place.

Here's a shout out to piknik, you are welcome to visit my home too. I finally have a fridge after many weeks of waiting, so at least I can offer you a drink. :)

can i tag along with pinkwhale? :P really really like ur place! :thumbs up:

anyway, think some silver handles might go well with your kitchen cabinets..will probably connect your light and hood together.. :D

7425297104_5b6fa9e579.jpg

Our kitchen

7425292800_7b81bd51e0.jpg

Should we add handles? Hmm...

I should suggest you go along with handles for your kitchen wooden cabinet, felt that something is kinda missing but cannot really explain it.

I am thinking of getting the nespresso coffee machine too, fire engine red!

7425284490_d5ff2f4ab5.jpg

Our bedroom...it's lacking a giant poster!

The bedroom wall is quite empty. Maybe a poster like "Gone with the wind" will be nice

But it is a waste to cover a big portion of the brick wall with a poster. :dunno:

Really love your selection of furniture to match your house theme :thumbs up:

Edited by ahlipz

Actually frankly speaking I prefer your combination le.. I was telling K that this woodgrain laminate seems to match better with white !! Matching with black seems duller.. So I like ur combination better. And ur white counter tiles with black grouts seems easier to take care le. Now I'm quite paranoid with the white grout line turning dirty everytime I cook.. Really need to take a lot of care.

Okok thanks for ur welcoming.. I ask K to make appt with you maybe next week if he has the time ^^ hehe.. There's so much at ur place I would like to check out and admire... :D

I should suggest you go along with handles for your kitchen wooden cabinet, felt that something is kinda missing but cannot really explain it.

I am thinking of getting the nespresso coffee machine too, fire engine red!

The bedroom wall is quite empty. Maybe a poster like "Gone with the wind" will be nice

But it is a waste to cover a big portion of the brick wall with a poster. :dunno:

Really love your selection of furniture to match your house theme :thumbs up:

Thanks for your suggestions! The wall should be big enough for a poster :)

Nespresso's coffee is quite good! Go for it :)

Itsybits: Sure, of course. We can have a K party, haha! By the way, I read your blog that you bought a bench for your dining table? May I know where you got it from? We are considering a bench for our dining table too.

Pinkwhale: Is that so? How do you clean the grout anyway? My floor grouting is white too and they get dirty very easily! K still has some work to do at my place, but I think all his subcontractors very busy doing other houses. Heh.

i know you've heard this numerous times but wow.. really lovely home you have here! love it! :D

Thanks for liking our place!

Itsybits: Sure, of course. We can have a K party, haha! By the way, I read your blog that you bought a bench for your dining table? May I know where you got it from? We are considering a bench for our dining table too.

Pinkwhale: Is that so? How do you clean the grout anyway? My floor grouting is white too and they get dirty very easily! K still has some work to do at my place, but I think all his subcontractors very busy doing other houses. Heh.

i'm in! :D

my bench was from star living at furniture mall..130cm $299 and 165cm $399 (on sale)..it's the only one which we saw with those legs and should go pretty well with your dining table!

grouting - clean with bleach, baking powder and water..i think it's like 1-1-1 (not very sure) and it's supposed to work very well according to some blogs i read..sadly i'm 'in-charge' of grout cleaning since i insisted on mosaic and tiled flooring, so i went to read up about it.. ;)

What I love about your place are the small punches of colour. I like this idea for your brick wall (not a big poster but smaller pieces):

domino+black+and+white+living+room+whitewashed+brick+wall+eclectic+mix+of+frames.jpg

You can even make this a weekend project. Collecting interesting frames and painting them yourselves. I think they would make nice conversational pieces.

IMG_9165.jpg

What I love about your place are the small punches of colour. I like this idea for your brick wall (not a big poster but smaller pieces):

domino+black+and+white+living+room+whitewashed+brick+wall+eclectic+mix+of+frames.jpg

You can even make this a weekend project. Collecting interesting frames and painting them yourselves. I think they would make nice conversational pieces.

IMG_9165.jpg

Ya those are the type of handles we are considering. And yes, we are going to do a photo/art wall. But probably on the other side of our bedroom because we don't know how the brickwall will take to all the drilling. Recently there was a very nice victorian frame being sold at Ikea. Could have been limited edition because when we went back a second time to get one, they were no longer on display. Sigh.