Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lol! No problem! Cause we have the exact same view from our house. Just different level.

Nice! Like the open space view but seems like the wind is not blowing from that open space direction.

When is your estimated time of moving in?

Met up with our ID at 11.30am. Thought that it will be a quick one, around 2 hours max, just need to give final confirmation then agar agar can alr.

In the end we spent 4 hours to go through the full detail of the contract, the detailed technical aspects of air con layout, electric layout, tv feature wall, half wall, and toilet layout. Basically he went through ALL the available options with the pros and cons.

Due to our packed working hours during weekdays (to the extent that we can't pick up call), our ID ensures that no detail is left unanswered and that all concerns/requirements are well communicated i.e. he spent half an hour or more illustrating and re-iterating the problems caused by different ways of constructing half wall with tempered glass. The result is that we know what we are in for and quite confident that we can let the project run with minimal intervention or supervision on our side.

Being in the field with similar nature of addressing/solving client's concerns, my gut feel is that he really listen, comprehend and address concerns. It is obvious when the consultant is there just to close the deal, instead of having real intent of value adding to the client. I can sense that this ID is serious about delivering the project to maximize value for us.

The positive rapport may also be attributed by the mutual trust and respect on both sides. Respect the ID as a professional individual and sincerely consider the proposed solutions he bring to the table. Trust that he will offer the best of his ability in communicating and executing the project and let him run the show.

After today's appointment, when we walked out of his office, we are grateful that we put our trust on the right person. Seems like that we remain on the right track of having to enjoy the process of creating our home nest.

Edited by Xiej0007

After the appointment, went to Woodlands Causeway Point Courts for electronics hunting (just tv, fridge, washing machine)

Was quite amazed by the tv salesperson. The perfect example of value destruction to the business.

Thinking back, maybe it is our fault for interrupting the conversation between the TV Staffs. It was near dinner time, and it is common for the staffs to chat about what to have for dinner.

"Excuse me, what is the difference between these two models?" (Interrupting the staff conversation- Checked. First Embarkment to sales executive soon to be explosion)

With irritated tone, "This one got this lo, that one got that lo." (Exactly 2 lines. Efficient and clearcut of conveying "Dun waste my time, go away")

"What are the difference between two screens?"

(Unable to detect his tone, and ask a follow up question- Checked. The last straw for final explosion)

He shouted "this one is soft screen and that one is hard screen! Any idiot can see the difference" (banging his fists on both screens)

Stunned.

A staff of listed company, Courts, just exploded after two questions? The situation is so awkward that all Courts staff evacuated from the area and the nearby shoppers just stared at this commotion.

Fortunately for us, the Courts staff just walk away after that. We are too stunned by his reaction.

However, something good always come out of something bad. That is we learnt not to purchase any display electronic set from any shop (regardlessof the price) cos we won't know how much damage these electronics suffered from the staff venting of anger.

This incident also make me appreciate my wife good temper more. Being the more emotional me, anger creep up on me eventually when I can't find a legitimate reason for the behavior of the staff. My wife just said,"We won't meet him again so dun waste your time n energy on him. The public (shoppers who witness the incident) can judge for themselves the staff professionalism. It is that staff who should be angry at himself for the loss of control of behavior in professional context. So u just chill la"

Wa, my wife can be quite logical at times. Lol. Thumbz up

Edited by Xiej0007

Ya. Very hot and humid in our house. But I love the view from the service yard. Should be moving in end of next month. Just hack our wall and did electrical. There are still quite alot of things to do. :( btw, your id is jason too? We met him before. But didnt choose him. Hehehe.

Thanks for sharing your Reno process. Really like your 3D concept and seems like you've found a great ID.

Mind to pm me your detailed quote and ID contact please? Thanks!

After the appointment, went to Woodlands Causeway Point Courts for electronics hunting (just tv, fridge, washing machine)

Was quite amazed by the tv salesperson. The perfect example of value destruction to the business.

Thinking back, maybe it is our fault for interrupting the conversation between the TV Staffs. It was near dinner time, and it is common for the staffs to chat about what to have for dinner.

"Excuse me, what is the difference between these two models?" (Interrupting the staff conversation- Checked. First Embarkment to sales executive soon to be explosion)

With irritated tone, "This one got this lo, that one got that lo." (Exactly 2 lines. Efficient and clearcut of conveying "Dun waste my time, go away")

"What are the difference between two screens?"

(Unable to detect his tone, and ask a follow up question- Checked. The last straw for final explosion)

He shouted "this one is soft screen and that one is hard screen! Any idiot can see the difference" (banging his fists on both screens)

Stunned.

A staff of listed company, Courts, just exploded after two questions? The situation is so awkward that all Courts staff evacuated from the area and the nearby shoppers just stared at this commotion.

Fortunately for us, the Courts staff just walk away after that. We are too stunned by his reaction.

However, something good always come out of something bad. That is we learnt not to purchase any display electronic set from any shop (regardlessof the price) cos we won't know how much damage these electronics suffered from the staff venting of anger.

This incident also make me appreciate my wife good temper more. Being the more emotional me, anger creep up on me eventually when I can't find a legitimate reason for the behavior of the staff. My wife just said,"We won't meet him again so dun waste your time n energy on him. The public (shoppers who witness the incident) can judge for themselves the staff professionalism. It is that staff who should be angry at himself for the loss of control of behavior in professional context. So u just chill la"

Wa, my wife can be quite logical at times. Lol. Thumbz up

Seriously I doubt I will get anything from any establishment if I get this kind of treatment. That for sure I will sent in a complaint letter too.

Anyway I will advise you not to buy from them (Not totally because of the staff service but because of the pricing), there are others who offer better pricing unless you are talking abt free installment plan.

The stretch framed pieces. The rate is the cheapest I can find in SG. Upz.

gallery_59873_360_54268.jpg

gallery_59873_360_41962.jpg

gallery_59873_360_91531.jpg

Hi Xiej0007

May I know the pricing for the stretch framing and can I have the contact? I have a canvas painting waiting to be stretch framed too :) Thanks!

Ya. Very hot and humid in our house. But I love the view from the service yard. Should be moving in end of next month. Just hack our wall and did electrical. There are still quite alot of things to do. :( btw, your id is jason too? We met him before. But didnt choose him. Hehehe.

Hi Happysunday, hopefully the wind will blow in our direction during different part of the year. Moving in end of next month is super fast. Think you will be one of the first in our block to move in.

Edited by Xiej0007

Thanks for sharing your Reno process. Really like your 3D concept and seems like you've found a great ID.

Mind to pm me your detailed quote and ID contact please? Thanks!

Hi tutty, pmed you

Seriously I doubt I will get anything from any establishment if I get this kind of treatment. That for sure I will sent in a complaint letter too.

Anyway I will advise you not to buy from them (Not totally because of the staff service but because of the pricing), there are others who offer better pricing unless you are talking abt free installment plan.

Yup, we most prob will not get from the woodlands branch due to the incident. Didn't really notice the price difference maybe cos we haven't really look around enough. Thanks for your advice, maybe we will try out best denki, Harvey Norman or gain city this coming weekend

Hi Carltoneoz, the price is 30 bucks. But he mentioned before that his main business is dealing of art pieces and not framing. You can try contacting him

Liam: 91835799

Hi Xiej0007

May I know the pricing for the stretch framing and can I have the contact? I have a canvas painting waiting to be stretch framed too :) Thanks!

Hi Carltoneoz, the price is 30 bucks. But he mentioned before that his main business is dealing of art pieces and not framing. You can try contacting him

Liam: 91835799

Alternatively, you can try a shop in Chinatown (but u must provide the frame). Around 35 bucks. Don't have the contact offhand. But if you want, I can ask my colleagues tmr

Edited by Xiej0007

Yup, we most prob will not get from the woodlands branch due to the incident. Didn't really notice the price difference maybe cos we haven't really look around enough. Thanks for your advice, maybe we will try out best denki, Harvey Norman or gain city this coming weekend

You can check out Mustafa & MEga Discount Store.

Their pricing is competitive

I second mega discount store. Got majority of my electronics stuff there. Can check out lion city co as well, my Tv was from there :)